The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tascam UH-7000 vs HS-P82 Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Tascam UH-7000 vs HS-P82

Does anyone know if Tascam used the same preamps and/or converters in their UH-7000 as are in their HS-P82?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I doubt there can be a simple accurate answer to that. Even if the same amplifier or conversion chips were used in those 2 areas of function, the circuit layout and topology will almost certainly vary, as they have different spaces to fit into within the cases. Comparing printed or tested specs alone won't give you that information.

If the circuit boards were identical that might give a better clue as to 'symmetry' between the 2 devices...and it will take a bit of chassis unscrewing and photography of circuit boards here to reveal that !
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I am interested in both units, possibly planning purchase.

Any user opinion here would be very welcome.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
I doubt there can be a simple accurate answer to that. Even if the same amplifier or conversion chips were used in those 2 areas of function, the circuit layout and topology will almost certainly vary, as they have different spaces to fit into within the cases. Comparing printed or tested specs alone won't give you that information.

If the circuit boards were identical that might give a better clue as to 'symmetry' between the 2 devices...and it will take a bit of chassis unscrewing and photography of circuit boards here to reveal that !
Thanks for your reply and you're absolutely right. I was hoping someone might have a little insider knowledge. Sometimes Jim Williams knows about the Tascam components. I'd be interested to know if they used the same ones in both units. The UH-7000 preamps are highly praised. Could they be of equal quality to the HS-P82?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search