The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

Pedal Board Style Set Up For On The Go Studio DAW Software
Old 30th January 2018
Here for the gear

Pedal Board Style Set Up For On The Go Studio

I have no idea where to put this but I'm looking for a "gig bag?" or pedal board style set up where I can have all my computer recording accessories already connected and strapped down in a case.

For example:

2 UAD Thunderbolt Chasis, 2 OWC USB 3.0 SSD Drives, 1 OWC TB3 Hub, 2 Iloks, Power...

That would lead into a tb3 cable going out I'd just plug into my MacBook...and it would also have a IEC power out that would go to the wall. So everything is hooked up, and strapped down somehow and just zip/unzip and go/plug and play

The bag/set up DOES NOT need to hold my computer...just the "outboard" equipment. Though maybe something the computer could sit on top of? Like a 1u rack style thing?

Does something like this exist already?

I think I could make it work with some Velcro and a DJ Style GIG bag but also feel like something like this should exist. I mean, who wants to have to set everything up every time they go somewhere?
Old 30th January 2018
Lives for gear

Gator Studio 2 Go

Or

SKB Studio Flyer series

For the stuff that isn't rackmountable just get a rack shelf with holes in it and zip tie or Velcro it down. I have a couple of systems like that and they work well.

-Mike
Old 2nd February 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticrogues View Post
Gator Studio 2 Go

Or

SKB Studio Flyer series

For the stuff that isn't rackmountable just get a rack shelf with holes in it and zip tie or Velcro it down. I have a couple of systems like that and they work well.

-Mike
This was super helpful. Especially the rack shelf idea...great!

Maybe I can find a 1u soft bag that I can set up and put the laptop on top of.

Thanks again!
Old 13th February 2018
LX3
Lives for gear

Watch out when putting a MacBook Pro or other laptop on top of a rack bag... the soft outer of the rack bag restricts airflow under the bottom of the laptop and can cause it to overheat or throttle the processor.

The base of the MBP casing functions as a heatsink, and on some models it can get pretty hot when the processors start working hard.

Solution is to have a piece of hard material (e.g. flight case laminate) to put on top of the rack bag. However, it's an extra thing to carry.

I'm no longer using my rack bag for this reason, and going back to hard flight cases or wood racks... the bag has become too much hassle.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search