The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A bit of cell phone fun Condenser Microphones
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

A bit of cell phone fun

The stresses of modern relationships, mediated by the cellphone: a concert recording... and some light relief to boot !
YouTube

I'm pretty sure it was M-S recording, using a MKH30, and likely no spots ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Seems like a strange piece to perform in a church, especially with the profanity.

And that one girl second from stage right seems...ummm...what's the word here...?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Are all the singers having fun, are their skills and energies fully invested in it, is the audience connected to the performance, does the composer's point 'get across' ?

This church seems to be able to embrace both the sacred and profane quite well....and I didn't see anyone walking out. It's nice when a church can be both a place of worship and a performance space, at different times of the week !

Also, we as video viewers get the advantage of fast editing cuts to catch the facial expressions, and the phone emoticons...which the concert audience didn't have

Last edited by studer58; 6 days ago at 12:55 AM..
Old 1 week ago
I liked the piece... very clever. And the word Justice is looking for (if he's looking at the same brunette I was) is.... hot.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Cool--well done.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Hot brunettes always help with delivery of a vocal performance.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
Seems like a strange piece to perform in a church, especially with the profanity.

And that one girl second from stage right seems...ummm...what's the word here...?

YouTube

They do take on more conventional fare...and they sounded great backing the Stones live here ("You Can't Always Get What You Want") too !
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search