The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neumann KM184 vs Schoeps MK4 on main microphones Condenser Microphones
Old 13th February 2018
Gear Guru

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrommann View Post
On their website they say, that the production of the Neumann mics has moved to the Sennheiser factory in Wedemark near Hannover.
Yes - but separated from Sennheiser manufacture.

They basically moved the Neumann factory from Berlin to a dedicated Neumann room in the Sennheiser complex.

They moved all the manufacturing machines (though only one person moved from Berlin to Wedemark)

Seems sensible, as Sennheiser have a large complex in Wennebostal and Berlin is very expensive.

But Neumann head office, design and repair is still in Berlin, it's only manufacturing that moved.
Old 13th February 2018
Gear Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjazzdad View Post
Yes, but from the same web page:

"The company headquarters, with the development, marketing, sales and service departments, continues to be located in Berlin, where the 75th anniversary of the company was celebrated in 2003 and the 80th anniversary in 2008."

I haven't tried, but I suspect when you call Neumann, you don't go through the Sennheiser switchboard...
And this year is the 90th anniversary of Georg Neumann & Co. - founded in 1928 )and still the owner of Microtech Gefell).
Old 18th February 2018
Gear Head

I made yet another comparison with the Neumann 184/Schoeps MK4 and also the Schoeps MK2S (OMNI) on recording orchestra and choir

Old 18th February 2018
It would be hard for me to overstate how much I prefer the MK2S sample to either of the others, though this is not a fair comparison for obvious reasons.

Thanks for sharing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search