The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Video cameras Condenser Microphones
Old 1st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyrocks View Post
...but for me, I'm gladly going to keep using my D500 with a new sense of appreciation for its ergonomics, battery life, and performance.
My feelings exactly. I'll be on my D800s until they no longer function reliably (no signs of that yet, and I was an early adopter)... and their color palette is really close to my Z1 and Z5 Sonys, which I've always liked.

Horses for courses... that's why there are options. "Best" is often "I like this best for my work" rather than some monolithic "BEST". Finding that sweet spot is the trick.

One old guy's opinion.

HB
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear
Hello,
What equipment do we need for budget-friendly video production? I will be grateful if someone helps me by providing useful information.

------------------------------------

Video Production Tampa
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampavideo View Post
Hello,
What equipment do we need for budget-friendly video production? I will be grateful if someone helps me by providing useful information.

------------------------------------

Video Production Tampa
I have a string...how long should it be ? In other words, parameters and definitions of 'budget friendly video productions' are necessary before meaningful, constructive advice can be given.

I see you already have a matured video production company, with a list of credits as long as (my, your) arm: what are you using currently, and what makes you think it would need changing/improving ?

Oh, and finally...are you talking about video cameras...or audio recording equipment ? Please fill in some of these spaces for us..... so we can help you
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

studer58 has framed a proper response: the equipment needed for "budget-friendly video production" is totally dependent upon the ultimate requirements of the final delivery. I discovered early on that while a one camera rig was very effective for capturing a solo performance , but when shooting a duet or band performance a two camera, or more, protocol was necessary to get the job done very well. In my case the new GH5 and Atomos V recorder is a real quality/value deal however I had to replace my GH3 with a GH4 in order to shoot the same 1080HD @ 23.967 FR with both rigs using a 12-35 f2.8 and 35-100 f2.8 lenses. This made Davinci Resolve NLE editing much less complicated with my 3 year old dell computer.
Hugh
Old 1 day ago
We use two Canon VIXIA HF G20 HD Camcorders for most of our video work. Great cameras and fairly inexpensive. FWIW
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Open ended question could be interpreted as asking about cameras/lens, recorders, mics....what specifically?

Newly released Sony A6400 does not have a video recording time limit and initial reviewers have not experienced overheating. If it doesn't overheat and there's no recording time limit, that's a bit of a breakthrough for APS-C sized sensor cameras. The video autofocus is also claimed to be improved over prior technology.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search