The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Remotely On Location
Old 3rd August 2017
Lives for gear

Remotely On Location

Take an accomplished working band with a CD's worth of new material, locate them in a mountain shed filled with household items (aka random room treatment) and not too many nearby neighbours, (somewhat) isolate/hide the instrument amps in adjoining rooms and an upstairs sleeping loft, link them all via headphones and see what results !

Here's the iphone video and the subsequent song (with vocal overdubs and pedal steel added later, but 90% of what you hear on the track was recorded as this video was shot)

https://vimeo.com/228218787

I'm not sure if the video above requires a password (I'm new to Vimeo)... if it does use: studer58

It's a long way from an AB pair in a traffic-surrounded urban stone church and a Bach cantata
Attached Files

Ol' Johnny.mp3 (6.59 MB, 326 views)

Old 3rd August 2017
Lives for gear
Fun session Mr 58
Love the steel and the feel
Not so keen on the vocal slap though
For authentic slap its single repeat at 30 ips and on all the mix and no overdubs
However what do I know
I live in Gloucestershire!
Roger
Old 4th August 2017
Lives for gear

Yes the 'slap in the box' certainly doesn't compare with a tape echo, and with limited recording time on site the conservatism increases and risk-taking diminishes. Next time tho...!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search