The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Record Cue Lights, Talkback to Stage, Network audio DAW Software
Old 22nd March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdonahue View Post
I could do it in about 45 seconds. We used to train like pit crews in car racing to get the time down. No winding the tape to the end, just stack the two reels on top of each other and lift them off, put on the next roll of tape, lace it up, reset the counter and hit record...
14" rolls at 30ips. Two Ampex 1200 24-tracks staggered. Live shows. Don't blow the reel change! David Brown (Record Plant Remote) could do this while holding a conversation. Amazing.

D.
Old 1st April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdonahue View Post
The signal light went the way of the dodo when the tape machine went away.
I certainly believe you, but they still seem to be popular with recent sessions documented on YouTube.
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Your LED proposal would appear to be one of the more useful arrangements that would abstain from utilizing a 12vdc power supply. You could most likely power a LED light with a phone battery pack for quite a long time.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search