The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best. Mic. Ever. Ribbon Microphones
Old 27th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
While the singing and performance is sublime, am I the only one who finds the reverb behind her voice a bit "obvious", a bit too opulent and not of contiguity with the surrounding orchestra ?

I had the same feeling listening to that.
Old 11th September 2017
Gear Addict

A fellow N8 owner here. It's a monster of a microphone!!!

PS. Now you need an N22 or better yet... a pair I have some nice condenser mics that cost more than double what these mics sell for. The N8 and N22 are my favorites.

Last edited by Al Rogers; 11th September 2017 at 03:59 AM..
Old 19th September 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Spearritt View Post
zooming in I am surprised to see that the TLM170 seem to be cardiod, I would have guessed omni.

(apologies from derailing again from N8).
Old 12th February 2018
Lives for gear

I recently tried a schoeps cmc 6 mk2 and it was the most versatile, beautiful omni mic I ever tried
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Very interesting. I’m deciding between R84 and N8. I use them for classical recordings, solo spot, small ensembles, etc. N8 is active and I think your comment just made me leaning to the N8. Thanks a lot!
Old 1 day ago
Has anyone compared (or had experience using) the N8 and Samar VL37? They're at a similar price point and form factor.

My guess would be that the VL37 has a more extended high end, and would be more suitable as a main pair. I've heard N8s as a main pair on orchestra and ensemble, and they have a lovely sound; they just need a fair amount of high end boost IMO. On flute, I'd imagine they'd be just the ticket.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search