The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Sound Devices recorders! Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
I'm hoping that they will see fit to add prefade USB feeds in 3.0 as well.
That will not be in the v3.0 release. v3.0 with USB controller support, Ambisonics, Pre-roll, and Bluetooth/Wingman enabled for the M models has been keeping us pretty occupied!

best

Paul
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljisaacs View Post
That will not be in the v3.0 release. v3.0 with USB controller support, Ambisonics, Pre-roll, and Bluetooth/Wingman enabled for the M models has been keeping us pretty occupied!

best

Paul
Hi Paul,

it would be great of you could add a few rather tiny changes that remove a few annoyances:

1) Presets should not save or recall the LED/LCD brightness settings. It doesn't make sense to recall full blast brightness at night or super-dim lights in bright sunlight. Also an option to not recall naming. I don't want the clip name from months ago when I last saved the preset.

2) Also an option to save over an existing preset without re-entering the name from scratch. Quite annoying with the "space invaders high score" letter by letter entry mode with the wheel.

3) a way to manually set the frame rate flag even when not using an external generator. It doesn't make sense to default to 30ND when you record for a 24ND project and want to integrate the files into such a workflow.

Many thanks!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:

best

Paul
Paul, what's the latest on the 192khz ultrasonic noise issue? Has that been addressed in the 3.0 update?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Hey Paul hate to be a broken record but being able to work with cue points, will be huge with Wingman, and transport (fast forward and rewind). Fiddly on the unit, and impractical with a session.... Fantastic tool!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-q View Post
Hi Paul,

it would be great of you could add a few rather tiny changes that remove a few annoyances:

1) Presets should not save or recall the LED/LCD brightness settings. It doesn't make sense to recall full blast brightness at night or super-dim lights in bright sunlight. Also an option to not recall naming. I don't want the clip name from months ago when I last saved the preset.

2) Also an option to save over an existing preset without re-entering the name from scratch. Quite annoying with the "space invaders high score" letter by letter entry mode with the wheel.

3) a way to manually set the frame rate flag even when not using an external generator. It doesn't make sense to default to 30ND when you record for a 24ND project and want to integrate the files into such a workflow.

Many thanks!
Thanks for your feedback. What model MixPre do you have?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter k View Post
Paul, what's the latest on the 192khz ultrasonic noise issue? Has that been addressed in the 3.0 update?
That issue will be addressed in the v3.00 release, yes.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Hey Paul hate to be a broken record but being able to work with cue points, will be huge with Wingman, and transport (fast forward and rewind). Fiddly on the unit, and impractical with a session.... Fantastic tool!
Understood - will bear that in mind.
FYI - Cue points are supported with the USB controllers in v3.00
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Fantastic! BTW I work in the film industry and lusted after Sound Devices recorders for years, but too pricey. I'm blown away by the affordability and quality of the MixPre6M.
I can't believe how you got all of the features in such a small package. Your support has been first rate, and I can really see this being all things to all people, with very little compromise.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
That issue will be addressed in the v3.00 release, yes.
Brilliant. Thank you!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. What model MixPre do you have?
MP3

thanks!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Hey Paul- Was thinking a cool add on would be an adaptor that would hold the controller (adjustable for different ones), that would screw into the tripod adaptor screw on the unit. That would be pretty cool.

Or a tray type deal that would hold the controller to one side while mounting the MP at an angle to view the screen easily. Could also be adjustable.

Really be cool to have the units tied together as one piece if connected with a wire..... Wireless not so much!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-q View Post

Many thanks!
If you are not using timecode, then I don't see why frame rate is relevant to the workflow. Can you enlighten me?

best

Paul
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search