The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags:

How good is Tascam HS-P82 recorder vs sound Devices? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

I could do a fair test by sending the same signal into ½ and ¾ of my 744T and take some measurements...

I have to wonder, though, as when the ½ inputs are switched to mic, the gain can be from zero to 67.5, and when switched to line it runs from -6 to +16. If the line position was simple padded to the mic pre, wouldn't it have zero to +16 gain?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Just got a SD Mix Pre 6M I'm using as a stand alone to replace an ancient Korg D12. It sounds great. The pres are very quiet and the conversion sounds top notch. I was going optical into the D12 to bypass conversion and pres so sounded fine. Sound Devices support has been stellar with questions. The build quality is really impressive and just wish it had digital ins and outs. I'd be interested in how people are finding the conversion stacks up to UA, Apogee, RME or Audient interfaces.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search