The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

anyone watching the superbowl
Old 1st February 2004
Gear Addict

anyone watching the superbowl

Did you notice that areosmith was using royers on their guitar cabs? I've never seen them used live... very intersting.

Too bad their performance was anemic, but they had good mics, and thats what counts!

Marshall
Old 2nd February 2004
Lives for gear

Not watching the game... I did want to see 'smith' but thought they were at the half. I did, however, see Timberlake reveal Miss Jackson's (if you're nasty) jeweled right breast by ripping off a seemingly velcro'd patch at the end of their performance... I mean, that is what I saw .... isn't it?
Old 2nd February 2004
More cowbell!

saw some stills posted--looks like it was an unintentional exposuire, and yep, that was a full boob--the stills I see have it where there is clearly no pastie or whatever, just a boob, sipple and all. The network appologised, and said MTV would never be choosen again to do the superbowl.

I guess Justin just had to 1-up Brittany :-)

kt
Old 2nd February 2004
Lives for gear

Re: anyone watching the superbowl

Quote:
Originally posted by Marshall Simmon
Did you notice that areosmith was using royers on their guitar cabs? I've never seen them used live... very intersting.

Too bad their performance was anemic, but they had good mics, and thats what counts!

Marshall

I noticed that too. It also sounded like they weren't on at all. In fact, the only mic that seemed to be on was the vocal mic. I'm exagerrating a bit but seriously!! You could barely hear the drums and the guitars. I'll bet the bleed from the band into the vocal mic was half their sound!
Old 2nd February 2004
Gear Nut

Good game, in the second half. I was pretty surprised to find out that the secret half-time guest was Janet Jackson's boob.
Old 2nd February 2004
Lives for gear

here you go kids...

ps: i was working at the opera and missed the whole thing, but did find this pic hastily posted on the net

Old 2nd February 2004
Lives for gear

http://www.drudgereport.com/

There is a closeup. You can see nipple.
Old 2nd February 2004
Gear Addict

man, this is what happens when i get boored and fall asleep.
I miss a boob opportunuty

stupid marshall, stupid, stupid stupid
Old 2nd February 2004
Here for the gear

Yeah, definetly check out www.drudgereport.com. You can see a close up there and read some of the articles related to it. MTV appologized and said it was an accident, but according to the main article listed on the site, CBS approved it long before it happened. It was no accident. It's one thing to be violate the FCC rules, but to then lie about it and say it was a mistake. Come on! It won't be long before USA TV is just like Europe.
Old 2nd February 2004
Gear Nut

I passed on the Pooper Bowl because they wouldn't run the MoveOn.org ad. They can blow me.

BTW - it's in their charter to support ALL points of view......those are the PUBLIC's airwaves.
Old 2nd February 2004
Lives for gear

I was listening to it on the radio for a while and at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, during the kick-off, they gave color commentary of a referee running to midfield, tearing his clothes off, and dancing around naked for about 30 seconds. Did anybody see this? David
Old 2nd February 2004
Lives for gear

Pathetic!

The mere suggestion that the "revealing" was an "accident" is just plain laughable... Obviously a piss-poor attempt at trying to avoid being fined by the FCC.

I've never been a fan of JJ's music but I allways thought she had just a bit more class than resorting to this kinda thing... Nice (eh-hem) piercing though.
Old 2nd February 2004
Gear Addict

Re: Pathetic!

Quote:
Nice (eh-hem) piercing though.
Naaah. Limits access.
Old 2nd February 2004
Lives for gear

Re: anyone watching the superbowl

Quote:
Originally posted by Marshall Simmon

Marshall
Who gives a ****? Aerosmith sucks and has for many, Many, MANY years. They are like a very bad version of the Rolling Stones and owe their entire better half of their career to Run DMC.

As cool as the older work was, anyone catch those last 5 stones records? Nah. Me neither.

I did see the video for Rush's "Vital Signs" tonight in which I was confirmed that Neil Pert had a PZM mic taped to his chest. But, first off, I'm sure that would be too noisey from movement and second off, the drums on that song hoesntly did sound like ass, even though I love the song

Oh well. I guess it's like 50 Cent rapping into as ribbon mic.
Old 3rd February 2004
Gear Guru

CBS apologized for the boob shot. Now if they will only apologize for all the lame prerecorded music and lip-syncing..

what an insane world we live in when a television network has to apologize for showing a breast after showing us 3 hours worth of commercials for boner pills.

But show the one thing that might give you a real boner and... OH NO!!

Was it poor taste? compared to what? Compared to the commercial with the flaming horse farts? The one with the kid obviously saying "holy ****"? The one with dog biting the guy in the nuts?
Old 3rd February 2004
Lives for gear

In all fairness, Timberlake should have revealed a testicle for the ladies.
Old 3rd February 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by jazzius II
In all fairness, Timberlake should have revealed a testicle for the ladies.
LOL!
Old 3rd February 2004
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally posted by David Herbert
I was listening to it on the radio for a while and at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, during the kick-off, they gave color commentary of a referee running to midfield, tearing his clothes off, and dancing around naked for about 30 seconds. Did anybody see this? David
It wasn't broadcast, but cnn had a thing about it. It was the same British guy that's been doing the streaking thing for years. The guy that was on "Real Sports." He's kinda sad.
Old 3rd February 2004
Lives for gear

All in all, between the flaming horse farts, Jackson nipples, nut-biting dogs, streaking referees, and ribbon mics I kinda wished I watched the game. All that and it was a helluva game! That's entertainment!
Old 3rd February 2004
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by joeq
CBS apologized for the boob shot. Now if they will only apologize for all the lame prerecorded music and lip-syncing..

what an insane world we live in when a television network has to apologize for showing a breast after showing us 3 hours worth of commercials for boner pills.

But show the one thing that might give you a real boner and... OH NO!!

Was it poor taste? compared to what? Compared to the commercial with the flaming horse farts? The one with the kid obviously saying "holy ****"? The one with dog biting the guy in the nuts?
Well put!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search