The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , , , ,

Battery Powered Preamp Condenser Microphones
Old 24th February 2019
Lives for gear

Bad sign, the isleta page has gone offline on the pueblo website...

Or maybe Scott got fed up by all the inquieries ?
Old 24th February 2019
Lives for gear

Platinum Preamp Fantasy Award
Old 27th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Bad sign, the isleta page has gone offline on the pueblo website...

Or maybe Scott got fed up by all the inquieries ?
According to Taperssection, he has completely given up on it and issued refunds on preorders. It is as dead as a doornail.
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear

The Millennia HV 32P is a great portable mic pre that can be run on a 12v power supply. Inaudible from the full rack version as the designer told me. However you have to make or buy a 12v supply and put the proper connecter on the end. I use it with a Nagra Seven and it sounds great, very neutral and more transparent than the Nagra pre's.
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumleymusic View Post
According to Taperssection, he has completely given up on it and issued refunds on preorders. It is as dead as a doornail.
That is some very bad news.
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear

I hope the public face of this project has dissolved but privately it continues. I imagine the price point might have to increase but that will still be ok for many interested.

Retooling the concept without feeling beholden to pre-orders might take some pressure of. I know some were already complaining about the prototype size but it didn’t seem like an issue for my use. Realigning expectations from future-users and reality can be the death of a product.
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear

Very disappointing. I'm looking forward to the Sonosax SX-M2D2 though - hopefully that one actually happens!

-Mike
Old 28th February 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticrogues View Post
Very disappointing. I'm looking forward to the Sonosax SX-M2D2 though - hopefully that one actually happens!

-Mike
^

I too hope to see the ISLETA resurface as well as the new Sonosax SX-M2D2!
Old 1st March 2019
Just about any modern SS mic preamp design can be altered to run on batteries.
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Manufacturing is hard. Good luck to Scott and the team.
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Rome wasn't built in a day. The man has many other priorities.

I bet it will resurface when Scott is able to address it.
Old 5th March 2019
Lives for gear

@ PuebloAudio

Scott, can you please step in here, as this thread is started by yourself, introducing ISLETA, so it would be approriate if you can close it too? I've been holding off buying other preamps for years, because I had great hopes for this one. I'd like to know where we are standing.

Thank you.
Old 5th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Spearritt View Post
Manufacturing is hard. Good luck to Scott and the team.
Especially in the US, where it should be easy. I think he last mentioned he was kind of stuck on the chassis. US options for electronics chassis manufacturers are terrible to say the least.
Old 5th March 2019
Hi friends -- I've spoken with Scott and he is shelving the ISLETA indefinitely.

Other Pueblo preamps and the OLLA DI are still available: Pueblo Audio - Home
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorseHorse View Post
Hi friends -- I've spoken with Scott and he is shelving the ISLETA indefinitely.
Did he mention a reason? I find this strange: drumming up everyone to announce a new product and then, a few years later, walking away quietly with noone having a clue. I can respect any good reason not to bring a product to market, but when the last newsletter that was sent about it says: "But continue it does. Investments in R&D, parts stock, etc. are well into tens of thousands so we are committed. Have no fear, ISLETA will be born!" then I feel rather abandoned as a prospect customer when the light goes out without any mention.
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earcatcher View Post
Did he mention a reason? I find this strange: drumming up everyone to announce a new product and then, a few years later, walking away quietly with noone having a clue. I can respect any good reason not to bring a product to market, but when the last newsletter that was sent about it says: "But continue it does. Investments in R&D, parts stock, etc. are well into tens of thousands so we are committed. Have no fear, ISLETA will be born!" then I feel rather abandoned as a prospect customer when the light goes out without any mention.
+1

Especially since Scott started this thread himself for him not to weigh in now strikes me as a bit strange.

-Mike
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear

I am also curious to the hiccup. The chassis of the DI is so nice, it seems quite possible to make a similar chassis for the preamp ? Maybe the battery solution proved to be problematic after all, rendering the whole project moot ?

There sure was enough demand for it !
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earcatcher View Post
I've been holding off buying other preamps for years, because I had great hopes for this one.
Same here.

I'd like to hold out hope that the project still comes to fruition, and my experience with the Olla only confirms my belief that this will be/could have been outstanding.
Old 10th April 2019
Gear Nut

Hello GS'ers,

It is true that I have had to suspend the ISLETA project. There are a number of reasons for this reluctant decision. The most significant of which is economic sustainability.

Consider that Pueblo Audio (a very small company) manufactures not one... not two... but SIX flagship products. Four models within the JR-Series product range and two within the OLLA DI product range. The effort required for building, maintaining inventory, sales, promotion, accounting, client and dealer relations, etc., is very formidable. With recent changes in costs for raw material and taxation, it became evident that adding a seventh product to the line would over extend the company. I have invested much $$$ and R&D into ISLETA and feel this is will be a "hit product". None the less, it must wait until economic and market climates are more favorable. For now ISLETA must remain in hibernation.

One step I am taking to help sustainability is that the four channel JR4 and P4 models will become inactive when current stocks are sold out. This will help reduce inventory work load and hopefully make room for ISELTA in the future. So if anyone has been interested in these particular models, now may be the time to pick them up before they're gone.

The JR-Series preamps will continue on with the JR2/2 two channel preamp and the PS34 power supply. Though I have not officially announced this, I will let you know about a new development. In tandem with the standard JR2/2, this summer I shall offer an upgraded version: the JR2/2+. Added to the Phantom Channels will be a gentle 35Hz Hi-Pass Filter. Added to the Mic Preamp Channels will be a Gain Boost switch which adds +15dB of gain to the Main Outputs, bringing the total max gain to +80dB. These new features were implemented without disturbing the preamp's established high performance.

Attached Thumbnails
Battery Powered Preamp-image1.jpg  

Last edited by PuebloAudio; 10th April 2019 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: clarity
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search