The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , , , ,

Battery Powered Preamp Single-Channel Preamps
Old 3rd November 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swing View Post
Any idea if the extra work on the chassis is likely to nudge up these rough estimates on pricing?

I am looking forward to compare the Isleta to a Nagra EMP I have, or hearing from someone who has done the same.
The estimated pricing you quoted I believe was for an earlier, potential mono version. If you get the news letter you would have received more current pricing info.

I am aiming to stick to those prices, which requires a careful chassis design. In other words, the extra time is to save money, not increase.

A few folks have compared the ISLETA prototype against some Nagra & SD products. One engineer told me, humorously, that after using ISLETA and then returning to his previous device made him fell like an audio "janitor" I took that as a good sign.
Old 3rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuebloAudio View Post
The estimated pricing you quoted I believe was for an earlier, potential mono version. If you get the news letter you would have received more current pricing info.

I am aiming to stick to those prices, which requires a careful chassis design. In other words, the extra time is to save money, not increase.

A few folks have compared the ISLETA prototype against some Nagra & SD products. One engineer told me, humorously, that after using ISLETA and then returning to his previous device made him fell like an audio "janitor" I took that as a good sign.
I understood that pricing was for a mono version (I did not know about any newsletter), and I look forward to the release of the Isleta. Not sure what you meant regarding audio janitor, though no harm is done with joking around.
Old 4th March 2018
Here for the gear

Hi Scott!

Any update on Isleta?

best

jo.
Old 5th March 2018
Lives for gear

I'd first replace the power switch. Don't get it why such slider switches are used. They tend to be unreliable and cannot be sealed correctly and there's additional dirt ingress due to the front panel cutout. Rotary or toggle switches (with large bushing) are available fully sealed.
Old 6th March 2018
Lives for gear

This janitor is standing by to know more. . .
Old 6th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
This janitor is standing by to know more. . .
If you're a janitor, I must be on a haz-mat team...
Old 6th March 2018
Lives for gear

I use Nagra preamps in the VI and EMP, so if those are for janitors then the Isleta must be for gods . . .
Old 12th March 2018
Here for the gear

no updates?? :(
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Can't wait to get my hand on one of these, any updates?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

From all accounts I've heard Pueblo is solid so my guess is they will come out with the Isleta when they are ready to do so. In the meantime we have very fine battery powered preamps such as the Nagra EMP.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search