The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tags: , ,

What are some of your favorite live recordings and/or Broadcasts?
Old 2 weeks ago
Super Moderator

I believe the same record was released in the England as, "Have You Seen Your Mother LIVE!"

The funny thing is, it sounds like studio tracks with overdubbed applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible.dee View Post
The Rolling Stones: "Got Live if you want it" 1966

I recorded Cheetah Chrome from The Dead Boys back in....'09 or something, and we got to talking about this record. He told me that all the original New York Punk bands lived and breathed this record. Johnny Thunders and The New York Dolls, The Ramones, Blondie, The Dead Boys, The Dictators, Richard Hell and the Voidoids ect ect. He told me this record was THE blueprint for American Punk...I was just tickled to find someone else who loved this record as much as I did.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
I believe the same record was released in the England as, "Have You Seen Your Mother LIVE!"

The funny thing is, it sounds like studio tracks with overdubbed applause.
'Have You Seen Your Mother Live' was the title of the version exported to the EU. And the album is a right confection of overdubs and even a couple of tracks that are completely studio recorded, with overdubbed crowd as you say. 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!' is a wholly different - properly live - proposition.

Cheers,

Roland
Old 2 weeks ago
Super Moderator

I guess I got them confused.
Thanks for clearing that up f or me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolksoundman9 View Post
'Have You Seen Your Mother Live' was the title of the version exported to the EU. And the album is a right confection of overdubs and even a couple of tracks that are completely studio recorded, with overdubbed crowd as you say. 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!' is a wholly different - properly live - proposition.

Cheers,

Roland

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search