Tags: ,

"Resolution" magazine profiles Plush
Old 11th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
So glad that I'm right back to plugging a microphone directly into a recorder
You are just the man I am looking for.

I have this 150' 32-pair copper snake, MAAS connectors, breakout boxes, in two Pelican 1600 cases. Super high quality, Jensen trafos. Each case weighs about 50 pounds. For sale at a good price.

It got replaced by this ridiculously small reeler of wire that allows my control room to be anywhere I want it, 128 channels at 24/96k. Just horrible.

Fiber optics? Sure. Control room can be 10 kilometers away, meet in the middle for lunch.

D.
Old 12th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul T 702 View Post
Enough with the relentless self-promotion, already. Not only is that forbidden by the rules of GS, it makes you look insecure, hard up for work and utterly without class.
Give yourself some time to get the feel of this sleepy little corner of GS, with all its characters and foibles...it just might grow on you!
Old 12th July 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Enough with the relentless self-promotion, already. Not only is that forbidden by the rules of GS, it makes you look insecure, hard up for work and utterly without class.
It's fine, Paul.

Looked back and you only have 9 posts and 3 are chastising Plush in pretty over the top ways. It seems obsessive to me. Take a deep breath. It's all good.

I kind of enjoy Plush's style. He has an artistic flamboyance to him.
Old 12th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
Well, I for one find it entertaining and just got some valuable info on piano micing. So what's not to like?
Roger that.

HB
Old 14th July 2019
Lives for gear

I don't know that kook who wrote that garbage and I have, long ago, blocked him here.

It is laughable that I am churning this thread for publicity, or because I am insecure, or because I don't have any work. I occasionally post for education and fun.

STATUS: Fully booked every day from now until the end of October.
STATUS UPDATE: Doing all the recording at The Ravinia Festival, America's oldest and largest summer music festival.

Ravinia is the summer home of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
Attached Thumbnails
"Resolution" magazine profiles Plush-mahler-2-set-up-ravinia.jpg   "Resolution" magazine profiles Plush-martin-theatre1.jpg   "Resolution" magazine profiles Plush-ravinia-pavilion.jpg  
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
I don't know that kook who wrote that garbage and I have, long ago, blocked him here.

It is laughable that I am churning this thread for publicity, or because I am insecure, or because I don't have any work. I occasionally post for education and fun.

STATUS: Fully booked every day from now until the end of October.
STATUS UPDATE: Doing all the recording at The Ravinia Festival, America's oldest and largest summer music festival.

Ravinia is the summer home of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
Ravinia looks like a nice gig to have !

Plush (or anyone else): do you have a link to the software that generates the sort of stage plot diagrams shown in your first photo ? I'm guessing it's some sort of drag and drop facility, which also lets you enter stage dimensions, player seating, risers, walkways etc ?

I'm always impressed when I'm given one of these printouts by stage managers, and it helps with plotting out mic locations (and cable length runs, if the diagram is to scale) well ahead of concert date.
Old 15th July 2019
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks Norm, it looks impressive and perfect for the task...I'll give it a trial download run
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by shosty View Post
It's fine, Paul.

Looked back and you only have 9 posts and 3 are chastising Plush in pretty over the top ways. It seems obsessive to me. Take a deep breath. It's all good.

......And almost as important....that is THE jacket!

I've started to dress tidier on sessions these days, following Plush's approach of being better dressed than the conductor! Gone are the braces (suspenders) etc. I change into smarter attire after lifting and lugging and setting up. It makes you feel better too!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
My personal take on this is that if you’ve got enough runs on the board (literally and metaphorically if we consider GS as a ‘board’ in the bulletin board sense, LOL!) and you’ve been featured in a magazine catering to your trade, you have the right to share it and indulge in any consequent discussions. Nobody is being forced to read this or any other thread. And sharing it amongst your peers is not really promotion; they’re unlikely to be giving you work, in fact, they’re more likely to be your competition and trying to get an insight into your methods and thinking.

One thing I know for sure: if I’d been featured in Resolution or similar I’d be sharing the heck out of it on social media and keenly answering each and every question because if someone wanted to know about me, my methods or opinions, they’ve come to the right person because I’m the world expert on ‘me’, LOL!

From time to time people get up my nose here, but then I remember that I’m reading basic text void of the nuances of speech and character. And when you meet these people in person, they are often quite different than the impression created in text.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmosonic View Post
My personal take on this is that if you’ve got enough runs on the board (literally and metaphorically if we consider GS as a ‘board’ in the bulletin board sense, LOL!) and you’ve been featured in a magazine catering to your trade, you have the right to share it and indulge in any consequent discussions. Nobody is being forced to read this or any other thread..
FWIW, similar assumption on prominence and qualification is what’s led to our current leadership crisis in the US.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2070lplaya View Post
FWIW, similar assumption on prominence and qualification is what’s led to our current leadership crisis in the US.
That IS quite a crisis at present, at least from this non-American’s point of view.

Plush 2020?

At least the USA will get better funding for the arts...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Plush/Rapinoe 2020!

D.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No bad political analogies here please.

The crass and insecure criticism I have received from one poster is quite humorous. I don't need to promote here. I am fully booked every day through the end of October.

In this thread I report about my methods of working and the new methods I've learned about as well. I talk about the research topics which interest me.

I get hundreds of PM messages here on GS and I try to answer each message.
People write asking for my recommendations, an opinion, to solve a problem; and then specifically about my expertise in Nagra and Stellavox recorders.

I acquire equipment and do a light report on it. I'm happy to say that this summer I added new location monitoring that has helped me tremendously. I acquired a pair of Meyer Sound AMIE monitors and they are all revealing. Such a great tool.

Just today I recorded an incredible new record of super famous household name artists with just a Mackie mixer and a Lexicon reverb box. ( and some good mics)

I went back to basics and instead of multi-track, I mixed the whole thing direct to stereo with a 6 channel Mackie.

That is worth reporting.

Last edited by Plush; 3 weeks ago at 12:30 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

jackets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Poulton View Post
......And almost as important....that is THE jacket! (...)
i did a series of drum clinics with bill bruford (king crimson) and will kennedy (yellowjackets): guess who was dressed in a yellow jacket, the colour perfectly matching his drum kit... :-)

sorry for off topic comment - but jackets do matter!
Old 2 weeks ago
Plush reminds me of Tony Bongiovi at times. Just because they're not as humble as we might think is "appropriate", doesn't mean they aren't very good at what they do.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

In person I am quite humble. I let my sounds speak for me.

I am, however, interested in expressing a considered point of view. An informed opinion. Guessing is not good enough. A point of view informed by research, listening, and experimentation. I enjoy meeting accomplished people and listening to what they have to say.

I am, like many, susceptible to marketing claims in recording and about equipment. Then I weigh the claims against my experience.

Recently, those I have mentored are going on to high achievement in recording at the New World Symphony and the Aspen Music Festival.

I look outside of the US for leadership and innovation in classical recording. Principally to Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland.

Last edited by Plush; 2 weeks ago at 03:41 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosty View Post
Indeed.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
In person I am quite humble.

<snip>
And so humble to mention it.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

The Ravinia Festival, August 16, 2019
Atelier HudSonic recording Shanghai Symphony Orchestra, Long Yu cond.
Alisa Weilerstein, cello

pictured in temp. control room, (LFT. to RT)
Harry Brotman, Qi Yu, Hudson Fair
Attached Thumbnails
&quot;Resolution&quot; magazine profiles Plush-ravstage1.jpg   &quot;Resolution&quot; magazine profiles Plush-kontroll-3.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Ravinia Festival, August 16, 2019
Atelier HudSonic recording Shanghai Symphony Orchestra, Long Yu cond.
Alisa Weilerstein, cello

pictured in temp. control room, (LFT. to RT)
Harry Brotman, Qi Yu, Hudson Fair
what's the rme preamp in the back, micstasy or dmc?
if dmc, what mics on what sources?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

That is the Micstacy. Always a great unit.

Microphones on this recording are mostly Schoeps with swivel mounts--CMC64. Add in about 6 MKH 8040 and also some AKG 451.

I only used 24 channels for this recording. Recorded to a Tascam X48 @24/96.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
That is the Micstacy. Always a great unit.

Microphones on this recording are mostly Schoeps with swivel mounts--CMC64. Add in about 6 MKH 8040 and also some AKG 451.

I only used 24 channels for this recording. Recorded to a Tascam X48 @24/96.
thx! may i ask about the 451's? did they get used on percussion? if using akg's, i mostly favour the 460/480's (in general) compared to the 451's but i assume they were chosen on purpose/due to their specific fr?
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Yes, AKG 451 (quite old ones) were on percussion. Big percussion battery and 2 xylophones on stage. I also like Shure KSM137 on perc. Their diaphragm is very thin and responsive to transients. AKG offered an excellent sound.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, AKG 451 (quite old ones) were on percussion. Big percussion battery and 2 xylophones on stage. I also like Shure KSM137 on perc. Their diaphragm is very thin and responsive to transients. AKG offered an excellent sound.
Yay KSM 137!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search