The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

Anyone know of any mic stand mounts for ORTF?
Old 9th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Poulton View Post
An SRS light keeps coming up on the dashboard of my car, it's a constant reminder to get hold of some of these.

Not sure what SRS means other than these mic supports - ignorance is bliss!
SRS in your car is "Supplementary Restraint System", meaning your airbag(s). If that light is on and staying on, you really NEED to get it checked out:
1 - depending on if/how your car is inspected in accordance with local laws, it's likely that you wouldn't pass inspection with this safety equipment inoperative.
2 - Your car is designed to keep you safe and they've actually made seatbelts LESS effective nowadays because the SRS is a part of the system and the system overall is more effective than old-style seatbelts alone. So having this broken puts you at risk if the SRS doesn't work.
3 - Some SRS failure modes put you at risk of having an uncommanded deployment. That's a polite way of saying the small bombs (yes they ARE explosives) embedded in your car to deploy the airbags may go off without an impact triggering them.

So.... unless you've removed the SRS system and that's the cause of the light going on, you REALLY want to get that checked. Unlike the "check engine" light, the SRS light is not a candidate for the "magic black tape" fix.
Old 9th March 2017
Gear Head

Wow. This really is a full service forum. Great advice.
Old 9th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMetzinger View Post
SRS in your car is "Supplementary Restraint System", meaning your airbag(s). If that light is on and staying on, you really NEED to get it checked out:
1 - depending on if/how your car is inspected in accordance with local laws, it's likely that you wouldn't pass inspection with this safety equipment inoperative.
2 - Your car is designed to keep you safe and they've actually made seatbelts LESS effective nowadays because the SRS is a part of the system and the system overall is more effective than old-style seatbelts alone. So having this broken puts you at risk if the SRS doesn't work.
3 - Some SRS failure modes put you at risk of having an uncommanded deployment. That's a polite way of saying the small bombs (yes they ARE explosives) embedded in your car to deploy the airbags may go off without an impact triggering them.

So.... unless you've removed the SRS system and that's the cause of the light going on, you REALLY want to get that checked. Unlike the "check engine" light, the SRS light is not a candidate for the "magic black tape" fix.
Thanks Tim,

This is very informative. The light has become intermittent, so I need to get it looked at. The up side is that it does act as a reminder about the stand mounts!

Do you know anything about electric showers!?

: -)

Thanks again, what a result!
Old 9th March 2017
I have an AEA SMT-2
Old 13th April 2017
Here for the gear
The shapeway's ortf for oktava are marvelous. Anyone claiming poor design or material is talking **** and hasn't used these. Don't bad mouth a product you have never seen or used in person. I have been using mine on a boom mic for my overheads for over a year. Honestly, they may look like the plastic isnt much, but i have had NO issues from them. I worry more for my cables, my drum heads, mics etc. . than this device. What can i say... it works, and its durable enough. Buy one, then complain, or stfu.
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

Pretty punchy for a first post.
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanesplanet View Post
Buy one, then complain, or stfu.
Your uncivil confrontational tone isn't going to work well for you on Gearslutz.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search