Not compatible with iphone 5 though :(

-Mike
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticrogues View Post

-Mike
Things like this always seem to come out a few months after the latest iDevice and then are only compatible only with older ones for one reason or another it happened before the Lightning connector with other add ons
Old 9th January 2013
Lives for gear

Looks cool but I'd like an iPhone 5 version. And I'd have liked if it was possible to to change from XY to near coincident.
Seriously, cardioids at 90 degrees is almost mono... (Tongue in cheek..)
Old 9th January 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticrogues View Post

-Mike
It's compatible using the 30-pin to Lightning-adapter. Not sure how convenient this is, though on the other hand: using the 30-pin *cable* to Lightning adapter would move it away from the iPhone a bit, which could(?) be an advantage.

As others have pointed out, though: Things like the Sony PCM-M10 now cost $250, are about just as portable, have incredible battery life, and very good internal mics.

I couldn't be more happy with the thing (and, of course, it's very nice with the NT4), so not sure I would spend $200 on the iXY.
Old 9th January 2013
Lives for gear

I see a lot of ripped out iPhone connectors when mics are bumped or knocked or some other accident befalls the user. Zero structural integrity.

I wonder what Rode are going to do about catering for the tiny iPhone 5 connector. Some sort of extra scaffolding required.

Great marketing though. I like the scrolling website.
Old 9th January 2013
The chances that these are the same capsules as an nt4 are pretty much 0. Much more likely a cheaper electret capsule seen in standard shavers, which can run of of very little power.

I guess I'm not surprised that rode did this, but I am a little disappointed. Kind of like Apple itself putting all its efforts into throw away mobile devices instead of serious computers.
Topic:

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search