The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: ,

manfrotto 154b
Old 19th March 2013
Gear interested

Put nano clamps on that bar

You can attach nano clamps all over the 154b bar, each with its own mic mount, and the nanos would be much quicker to attach and detach than the mic mounts that came with that thing.
Old 19th March 2013
Gear Maniac

Thank you.

I will investigate these "nano clamps" you mention.

DG
Old 20th March 2013
Lives for gear

OK guys. Sorry I did not see this thread before, but my answer to the OP would probably have been helpful: yes, Manfrotto does sell the black anodized 25mm tube used in the 154B as separate tube material, in lengths of 2 meters. They also sell a great number of special spigots and adapters that allow you to contruct almost any contraption out of those tubes and make them interface with Manfrotto's stands and clamps. There are even extruding adapters that allow you to extend several pieces of this tube into longer ones, without interruption. I have a lot of this stuff and have build many special structures out of it. Manfrotto has a whole system of 25mm diameter tubes, as well as 35mm diameter tubes. Right now I cannot find the 25mm tubes on their website, but I can find the 35mm tubes: Black 200cm Long Aluminium Tube MT120B - Tubes | Manfrotto

Since this stuff is very hard to find on the Manfrotto website I'll give some pointers hereunder:

Tube Connector MT020 - Connectors | Manfrotto
Multiclamps System - Accessories - Lighting | Manfrotto
Multiclamps System - Clamps - Lighting | Manfrotto
Panels And Holders - Accessories - Lighting | Manfrotto
Cutters - Accessories - Lighting | Manfrotto
Disc Base With Tube Adapter MT065 - Feet | Manfrotto
Tube End Rubber Sucker Set MT015 - Feet | Manfrotto

A sample of what you can make with the system:
Mini Still Life Table Black 320B - Tables | Manfrotto
Old 20th March 2013
Lives for gear

EAR!

You are my freaking hero bud! So glad you posted all this, I've been trying to figure out how to expand my Manfrotto rig for a while, and you have given me all the answers here!

Thanks so much!

KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earcatcher View Post
OK guys. Sorry I did not see this thread before, but my answer to the OP would probably have been helpful: yes, Manfrotto does sell the black anodized 25mm tube used in the 154B as separate tube material, in lengths of 2 meters. They also sell a great number of special spigots and adapters that allow you to contruct almost any contraption out of those tubes and make them interface with Manfrotto's stands and clamps. There are even extruding adapters that allow you to extend several pieces of this tube into longer ones, without interruption. I have a lot of this stuff and have build many special structures out of it. Manfrotto has a whole system of 25mm diameter tubes, as well as 35mm diameter tubes. Right now I cannot find the 25mm tubes on their website, but I can find the 35mm tubes: Black 200cm Long Aluminium Tube MT120B - Tubes | Manfrotto

Since this stuff is very hard to find on the Manfrotto website I'll give some pointers hereunder:

Tube Connector MT020 - Connectors | Manfrotto
Multiclamps System - Accessories - Lighting | Manfrotto
Multiclamps System - Clamps - Lighting | Manfrotto
Panels And Holders - Accessories - Lighting | Manfrotto
Cutters - Accessories - Lighting | Manfrotto
Disc Base With Tube Adapter MT065 - Feet | Manfrotto
Tube End Rubber Sucker Set MT015 - Feet | Manfrotto

A sample of what you can make with the system:
Mini Still Life Table Black 320B - Tables | Manfrotto
Old 2nd March 2014
krs
Lives for gear

Slightly off topic, I just got the 154b and it does not fit on my tall stand (it's an older Yorkville stand that is solid and works well). There is no retaining ring blocking it's insertion, it seems the diameter of the boom is about .5mm too big.

Is there a suitable adaptor I can get to resolve this? It doesn't look like the K&M stands will work either. Or am I stuck buying a Manfrotto stand?

Thanks in advance
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by krs View Post
Slightly off topic, I just got the 154b and it does not fit on my tall stand (it's an older Yorkville stand that is solid and works well). There is no retaining ring blocking it's insertion, it seems the diameter of the boom is about .5mm too big.

Is there a suitable adaptor I can get to resolve this? It doesn't look like the K&M stands will work either. Or am I stuck buying a Manfrotto stand?

Thanks in advance
You need a 16 mm spigot to connect the 154B with a usual mic stand.
Something like this: Adapter Spigot 1/4''F And 3/8'' Screw 119 - Adapters | Manfrotto
Provided that your stand has a 1/4" or 3/8" thread to end with.
Old 2nd March 2014
krs
Lives for gear

All my stands and mounts without exception are 5/8".

Different part?
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Use the same spigot and get a 5/8"F to 3/8"M adapter. I don't know if those are the correct terms, but I think you get what I'm talking about

Get a strong one too, I had an onstage brand one where the 3/8" threaded tip snapped off while I was bringing the rig down. Look at the AKG brand one, or others from reputable brands.
Old 3rd March 2014
krs
Lives for gear

Thanks guys!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

bumping.
Just got the mic bar and find that while it SEEMS to be based on standard grip baby-stud mounts, the Manfroto pins are NOT that long. Standard grip sockets have the tightening-screw 1.25" up from the socket edge... these are only up .75" this makes for things never being safe or tight in all configurations. Mic holders on standard grip baby-mounts try to tighten onto the small top adapter thread part of the MANFROTTO sliding mounts... dangerous.
Is there a LONGER manfrotto pin that matches stock grip baby studs and sockets?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search