The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

Superlux s502
Old 20th December 2016
Here for the gear

Old 21st December 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnberry View Post
s502 sample:

Yonder Mountain String Band
Wanee Music Festival '15

Superlux s502 > Tascam DR-100 mk2 @ 48 kHZ/24 bit

converted to mp3 (master file sounds much better)

https://soundcloud.com/user203526/yo...wn-s502-sample
Nice recording, the band reminds me a little of The Gourds. Sounds like a mono PA source, was the S502 in front of the speaker or between the pair of FOH stacks ?
Old 24th December 2016
Here for the gear

Oh dear, I should not have posted this hideous record back then. Anyways, I still enjoy recording our (very) amateur orchestra using just the S502, a Scarlett 2i2 and my Smartphone (yes I know, I know... I'll switch to a Laptop next time)
I'd still like to show you that even for noob like me, the results are rather pleasant.
I might get to record some chamber music in the future, that'd be nice....

Here's us playing the Egmont Overture.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt046y2xvz...gmont.mp3?dl=0
Old 24th December 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalashnikirby View Post
Oh dear, I should not have posted this hideous record back then. Anyways, I still enjoy recording our (very) amateur orchestra using just the S502, a Scarlett 2i2 and my Smartphone (yes I know, I know... I'll switch to a Laptop next time)
I'd still like to show you that even for noob like me, the results are rather pleasant.
I might get to record some chamber music in the future, that'd be nice....

Here's us playing the Egmont Overture.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt046y2xvz...gmont.mp3?dl=0
That's a nice capture...although the reverb seems a bit over the top. What sort of venue is it recorded in ?
Old 24th December 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
That's a nice capture...although the reverb seems a bit over the top. What sort of venue is it recorded in ?
Thanks! It's a church, so you are certainly correct A sound engineer recommended getting an Overhead Standy so I'm collecting some money for a Superlux MS 200, hopefully this will improve on the Winds' parts... we are sitting way too far in the back.
Old 28th January 2017
Lives for gear
Here's the 502 as a vocal duet mic, with MKH8020 pair as piano tail spot...although a lot of piano came into the vocal mic also
Attached Thumbnails
Superlux s502-vlcsnap-6101-09-04-12h26m43s819.jpg  
Attached Files

2 Parting songs edit.mp3 (9.02 MB, 1385 views)

Old 12th March 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
Nice recording, the band reminds me a little of The Gourds. Sounds like a mono PA source, was the S502 in front of the speaker or between the pair of FOH stacks ?

The mic was located at the FOH, center, 7.5 ft. high.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Attached Files

Ritmico e cavalleresco.mp3 (4.24 MB, 342 views)

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
In addition, here is something contemporary, faux-Czech and rhapsodic from the same concert
Attached Files

Galileo Figaro.mp3 (8.71 MB, 245 views)

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Something a bit Celtic/Gaelic for you..recorded today in a busy central city church (half-hearted but failed attempt at traffic noise redux)...S502 pair about 2.6 metres in the air, and mid-point across the ensemble..hope you enjoy...ORTF all the way !
Attached Files
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search