The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , ,

Midas VeniceF-series Audio Interfaces
Old 13th September 2010
Lives for gear

Talking New Midas Venice F-16 series

Don't know who's seen these but they look pretty hot. If the sonics are as good as the current models and the features are better at a reasonable price, this is a win for everyone, like me, who likes these boards.
Attached Thumbnails
Midas VeniceF-series-midas-venice-f16.jpg  
Old 13th September 2010
Lives for gear

Looks nice, especially the 100mm faders.
Old 13th September 2010
Gear Addict

Wow. I wonder if it's made in the same factory as the previous Venice. I believe it's a Bosch factory in Germany. I love the old Venice. Built like a tank and great sounding. Hope this isn't from the Behringer factory...
Old 13th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrraaalllfff View Post
Wow. I wonder if it's made in the same factory as the previous Venice. I believe it's a Bosch factory in Germany. I love the old Venice. Built like a tank and great sounding. Hope this isn't from the Behringer factory...
A closeup of the back panel (on the website) says "Made in England"
Old 13th September 2010
Lives for gear

reminds me that I would love to see more midas desks live..... why does everybody buy rahter crappy low-end mixers if they could rent the good stuff and get much better overall results?
Old 13th September 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelPatrick View Post
A closeup of the back panel (on the website) says "Made in England"
Aha, yes, good catch. Hope it stays that way and that it's not just a couple of early models made in England and the rest of the mass production moved to china.

(Please no "what's wrong with china" replies, thanx.)
Old 13th September 2010
Gear addict

32x32 firewire : interesting!!!!!
Old 13th September 2010
Lives for gear

Midas Venice F-series

How much is it?
Old 13th September 2010
Lives for gear

afaik they haven't sent out a press release yet with pricing. A contact at Midas North America alerted me as soon as they posted the web page.

I've asked some questions about price, availability, manual, is Firewire built-in or an option, etc. I'll pass on what I learn.

The preamps are apparently "new". I don't know if that's good or bad. I have a Venice 160 and the preamps are great.
Old 13th September 2010
Gear maniac

They're at PLASA at the moment. I'll get some info tomorrow...
Any other questions?
Old 14th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by valthesoundman View Post
Any other questions?
Are the direct outs switchable pre/post fader?
Old 14th September 2010
Gear Head

that´s what i call an audio interface. the new mbox from midas. WOW! Can´t wait for the converter specs..and the price. Hope the drivers will be stable otherwise we have to keep the old venice plus rme setups ?...
Old 14th September 2010
Lives for gear

Re: Midas Venice F-series

Looks good! Better metering would have been nice.

Any price estimates and yes what about the converters.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 16th September 2010
Lives for gear

Bumping this. Anybody has some newer info?

I was about to get one of the old Venices as a swiss-army-knife tool and was very dissapointed when told they were discountinued. But this F version is just too good. The Venices were great little consoles with high-class sonics and a staple in many first class studios for their C/D/writing rooms, not mentioning hundreds of small theaters and venues.

Now with 100mm faders, XL3 parametric EQ and the better routing, ergonomics and layout what was great turned into something even better.
I don't expect much from the firewire and A/D/A converters to be honest, but hope the pres are not worse and Behringer had nothing to do with the new mixer (other than financial support), so it's still built to the same MIDAS specs and reliability.
Old 16th September 2010
TRW
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are the direct outs switchable pre/post fader?
Yes I believe so (a few options).

-T
Old 16th September 2010
Gear Head

I just saw that my old venice 160 has 4 faders for the monitor sends 1 2 and fx 1 2 returns. But the new one has one yellow masterfader more...I think this could be the mono out. Not important but different. When I would start again I would just choose an Thinkad w510 quad core notebook, a good daw, this venicef and something for the master inserts. Readyheh
Old 17th September 2010
Lives for gear

Looks Good

wow,

I've got the "I want it" syndrome now.

I wonder how much?
Old 18th September 2010
I hate it!!!!

I want one!
Old 18th September 2010
Lives for gear

I just noticed that the new 16ch VeniceF-16 weighs 51.8lbs/23.5kg and the Venice160 weighs 36.2lbs/16.2kgs.

It seems that the parts are not being reduced or downgraded and that gives me hope that the Venice line will continue to have excellent sonics. And here's another indicator; it will have four band XL3 EQ with sweep and Q controls on the midbands.
Old 18th September 2010
Gear Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by valthesoundman View Post
Any other questions?

Any updates?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 18th September 2010
Gear Maniac

price

The guy said it will be around 3500 - 3700 GBP
Old 18th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ale View Post
The guy said it will be around 3500 - 3700 GBP

which version?
Old 19th September 2010
Quote:
I just noticed that the new 16ch VeniceF-16 weighs 51.8lbs/23.5kg and the Venice160 weighs 36.2lbs/16.2kgs.

It seems that the parts are not being reduced or downgraded and that gives me hope that the Venice line will continue to have excellent sonics. And here's another indicator; it will have four band XL3 EQ with sweep and Q controls on the midbands.
I don't think Midas will make any console that doesn't sound good... seriously...
Old 19th September 2010
Gear maniac

what about latency if you would use firewire option and plugins as inserts in a live situation?
Old 19th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimo View Post
I don't think Midas will make any console that doesn't sound good... seriously...
I also thought that until they were bought by the Music Group (Berhinger). For me this Venice revision was a test of hope, and it seems they have aced it.
Old 19th September 2010
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Midas will do whatever their owners say or they will sell the name off.
Old 19th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC View Post
Midas will do whatever their owners say or they will sell the name off.
I agree, but my understanding this one was on the drawing board before the new owners! That said I have a hard time listening to pictures so the jury is still out!
Old 19th September 2010
Quote:
I also thought that until they were bought by the Music Group (Berhinger). For me this Venice revision was a test of hope, and it seems they have aced it.
I didn't know that... and I'm really sorry to hear/read it...

I said what I said because everything I used from Midas/Klark sounded good and was VERY well built. I used from Venice to XLs on FOH and I really liked.

Now with Behringer in command... I don't know anymore.
Old 19th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I didn't know that... and I'm really sorry to hear/read it...

I said what I said because everything I used from Midas/Klark sounded good and was VERY well built. I used from Venice to XLs on FOH and I really liked.

Now with Behringer in command... I don't know anymore.
We know Berhinger has the checkbook, but Uli may want them to run their own show. As long as they're allowed to design and improve the products things will be fine.

This redesign looks like a winner. It has XL4 EQs. It has per-ch phase invert. They say buss structure remains intact. It has 100mm faders. The F16 model weighs 16lbs/7kgs more than the Venice 160. I can't wait to hear it!
Old 20th September 2010
Lives for gear

Smile

Imagine summing your mixes through it and adding it's EQ as well.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search