The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , ,

Nagra VI Firmware Requests
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Was there anything tricky about making the switch, or just plug and play? Seems like the form factor of the Transcend should be the same as the Nagra's factory drive, but I have heard comments here saying that it is a "tight squeeze".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swing View Post
That's pretty wild. I switched the drive in my VI to the Transcend SSD in part because I had one issue one time with the VI reporting a 'disc jam'. But I also did so due to noise, as I can see where you'd have a slight issue with the spinning disc.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
Was there anything tricky about making the switch, or just plug and play? Seems like the form factor of the Transcend should be the same as the Nagra's factory drive, but I have heard comments here saying that it is a "tight squeeze".
It was very easy and quick, taking probably about 10 minutes while being very careful. And the 10 minutes included taking the cover off of the VI and then putting it back on.

The form factor is the same, so the only aspect that might have been "tight" is that it fit as it should, and maybe whoever said that was speaking of the socket connection from the drive to the port plug on the Nagra's board. That should be tight, and is really nothing to worry about. Replacing the stock drive in the VI is the same as replacing a hard drive in a computer, if you've ever done something like that.

I was a little worried about how the VI would boot up the first time. While I don't remember exactly the steps I took, after it booted I quickly went in the menu system and formatted the drive. I have not experienced any problems whatsoever.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search