The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , , ,

Post pictures of your portable recording equipment
Old 17th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobtwiddler View Post
Spent the day sorting thru all the tracks and takes of each song. Choosing the best performance for each.
The separation between the SM-7 and the 414's (set to fig 8) was wonderful!

For a few tunes I switched to a Royer 121 on Eddie's acoustic, because he was strumming very hard with a light pick, so I wanted to reduce that a bit.
And I also used 2 old Neumann KM-84's on vocals. As expected, the separation wasn't quite as good, as the other pairing. But sonically beautiful.

Going back in a week or so, to the even bigger live room in his house to record a few more tunes.
Care to share the hardware used for hanging all the branches off the central tree?
Old 31st January 2017
Gear Maniac

Old 31st January 2017
Lives for gear

This is a cool picture, but a description would make it better.

-Ben
Old 1st February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
This is a cool picture, but a description would make it better.

-Ben

a tree from this Sunday the 29th of January

b-format array on a tree - 5' x 2-1/2'

Last edited by emenelton; 1st February 2017 at 04:54 AM..
Old 8th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by emenelton View Post
a tree from this Sunday the 29th of January
b-format array on a tree - 5' x 2-1/2'
Which mics used?

Nice setup, great attention to cabling.
Old 8th February 2017
Gear Maniac

It's not a photo (well, it's 30 photos per second... haha), but there's lots of shots of my field rig, using binaural (KU-100) and M/S (Schoeps MS4/8) into an HHB PortaDrive. This was shot during a 550 km 3-week canoe expedition in Canada's arctic.
https://youtu.be/dnjM8KbKsKc
Old 8th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlien View Post
Which mics used?

Nice setup, great attention to cabling.
Thanks for the compliment.

I hedged my bet by incorporating the b-format array but I ended up only using the MKH 8020 from the array with the DPA 4006a's.

The grey on the stand with the black stripes are a rubber backed fabric with velcro strips I used to dampen the mic stand resonances.

https://soundcloud.com/johnf-1/adagio-2

Last edited by emenelton; 9th February 2017 at 05:53 AM..
Old 9th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by emenelton View Post
Thanks for the compliment.

The grey on the stand with the black stripes are a rubber backed fabric with velcro strips I used to dampen the mic stand resonances.
I dig the dampening and will steal the idea. Could you give more details on the fabric? I could cut up some old mouse pads but if it's readily available I'll just buy it.
Old 9th February 2017
Gear Maniac

I think I went to Michaels. It was a standard grey weave that you can see and black rubber backed. I did cut up some smaller squares but found that having one long piece per stand section was easier to handle and provide more complete dampening. The material is probably 1/4 the thickness of mouse pad.
Old 11th February 2017
Here for the gear
NouxVox mobile rigs

A couple of years in, my remote rig has expanded quite a bit. I never ment it to, it just kinda "happened". I guess that's real love?

AD/DA 1
- RME Fireface 802
- Apogee AD/DA 16x

AD/DA 2
- RME MAdiface USB
- Apogee Rosetta 800
- SSL Alphalink AX

Outboard
- Yamaha SPX900
- Manley Core
- FMR RNLA, RNC, RNP
- BSS DPR402
- Focusrite OctoPre Dynamic x3

Other
- Midas XL200 (not very mobile at ca 300kg shipping weight)
- Dynaudio BM12 MkIII
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-img_0010.jpg   Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-img_0011.jpg   Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-img_0020.jpg  
Old 12th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by nouxvox View Post
A couple of years in, my remote rig has expanded quite a bit. I never ment it to, it just kinda "happened". I guess that's real love?

AD/DA 1
- RME Fireface 802
- Apogee AD/DA 16x

AD/DA 2
- RME MAdiface USB
- Apogee Rosetta 800
- SSL Alphalink AX

Outboard
- Yamaha SPX900
- Manley Core
- FMR RNLA, RNC, RNP
- BSS DPR402
- Focusrite OctoPre Dynamic x3

Other
- Midas XL200 (not very mobile at ca 300kg shipping weight)
- Dynaudio BM12 MkIII
Cool! But maybe you should think about removing the sticker from the Dynaudios
Old 13th February 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjanopan View Post
Cool! But maybe you should think about removing the sticker from the Dynaudios
Too busy making music!
Old 16th February 2017
Gear Maniac

The rig for tomorrow's recording in the mountain rainforests of Taiwan, for tracking binaural, M/S, 5.1 and quad (for VR spatial audio) simultaneously:

KU-100 binaural mic
Schoeps MK4/8 mics, M/S encoder and mic pres
HHB PortaDrive (best sounding field recorder I've heard)
Tascam DR-60DmkII (for backup and non-critical or dangerous situations)
Sony MDR folding headphones
GoPro Hero 3+
Custom Lithium Battery Packs
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-p_20170216_231328_vhdr_auto_1.jpg  
Old 17th February 2017
Here for the gear
Ok, my turn.
Here a pic of my setup in a little castle close to Cologne this january.
16 Channel Merging Hapi, PC with Pyramix.
Monitoring with Presonus Monitor Station, AKG K701 and Genelec 8240.

Microphones: DPA 4006 AB, Sennheiser MKH 8020 (a bit further away), some Beyer MC930, KM184 and AT4047MP.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-setup.jpeg  
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

Roland VS 2480 ( 24 inputs ) Behringer racks of Comp/ Mixer configs/ Masterlink

Very essential ~~~ We always split from the bands multi outputs .. so they still maintain their sound nothing changes on their stage ...

Putting that gear to work >>> https://youtu.be/RureUg8tY00

Last edited by cjogo; 18th February 2017 at 07:33 AM..
Old 10th March 2017
Baroque video shoot

Doing some sound for picture in Philadelphia.

The Line Audio 8MP is a real treat; clean, neutral, and quiet. I've been using it for 8 months now but it was always relegated to my spot-mics. This is the 1st time I use it exclusively. I prefer it to the Audient ASP008 I used to own. My Grace preamps might start gathering a wee bit of dust as they live in a second, heavy road-case.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-img_2645.jpg   Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-img_2650.jpg   Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-img_2652.jpg  

Last edited by avillalta; 11th March 2017 at 01:51 AM..
Old 10th March 2017
Nice! What group? Who is joining you for video? Nice to see they are doing audio with the video.
Old 10th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorseHorse View Post
Nice! What group? Who is joining you for video? Nice to see they are doing audio with the video.
Tempesta di Mare is the ensemble. Riley Loula is the videographer.

If anyone is in town, come to the Kimmel Center tomorrow night to hear this same program in concert
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

BFO Mahler Das Lied von der Erde

The Budapest Festival Orchestra performing in the Budapest Music Palace (MUPA) session recordings this week of Mahler's Das Lied von der Erde. This three day session was recorded in 24 channel DSD256 by Channel Classics, and separately by myself, in 5 channel DSD256 surround. On the floor lies my Merging Hapi, performing as both an 8 channel stage box, and D/A. This feeding a Ravenna network, and separate 2 channel mixed audio to an offstage generic PC and headphone amplifier respectively.

The surround recording used two DPA 4006A for the surround rears. To use the available eight recording channels the front three mics of the 5 channel array consisted of both three DPA 4041SP and three Saken CO-100K's co-located at the end's of the carbon fiber booms.

It was fantastically performed music, a wonderful experience, and a very satisfying recording.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-20170321_152250.jpg   Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-20170321_140110-1.jpg  

Last edited by tailspn; 4 weeks ago at 04:04 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
GF Handel in M/S

I have the luxury of 2 full days of rehearsal to dial in a pair of MKH30s in m/s in a great space with a fantastic pick-up band from all over the mid-Atlantic.

The Nagra is running at 24/192KHz.

*edit: had to make room for the fire-marshal. Another example of the immensely useful Grace Design Space-bar system
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-img_2677.jpg   Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-img_2678.jpg   Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-img_2687.jpg  

Last edited by avillalta; 2 weeks ago at 06:49 PM.. Reason: Added an image
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Hi Avillalta, I see that your Seven has the older style knobs of the LB, did it come that way or was it a special order ? I recently got a pair of the MKH30's and really like them, recorded a small concert with piano and several other instruments in X/Y Blumlein, excellent result.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd270 View Post
Hi Avillalta, I see that your Seven has the older style knobs of the LB, did it come that way or was it a special order ? I recently got a pair of the MKH30's and really like them, recorded a small concert with piano and several other instruments in X/Y Blumlein, excellent result.
The Nagra came with those knobs. I bought it 2nd hand. I do know that you can specify which ones you'd like.

And I agree. The MKH30 is a great mic. I thank Roger (Rolo46) for turning me on to them. I've owned the MKH20s and 40s and never really fell in love with them. But the 30 is a real gem.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search