The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , ,

Remote Possibilities Role Call... Post Your Name, Rank & Specialty Right Here!
Old 30th November 2002
Super Moderator

Exclamation Remote Possibilities Role Call... Post Your Name, Rank & Specialty Right Here!

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there.

As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator spot turned into an on going Remote Recording Forum. I see a lot of potential in this specialty arena, but there's always room for improvement.

I believe it's time for the Remote Possibilities Forum to be counted. How many of us are really out there? Let's do a "role Call". Why not chime in you thoughts about this forum, tell us about yourself or just post your name rank and specialty. It's all good.

All are welcomed to participate. Lurkers are also welcomed, even if you only post this one time. Here's your chance to make or break the forum. heh

Let me be the first to ring in...

Name:
Steve Remote

Main dude at Aura Sonic Ltd.

Specialty:
I've been a remote recorder with Aura Sonic Ltd. for nearly 28 years. (Over 30 years as of March, 2007)
Based out of NYC.

Thought for today:
Why don't we create a worldwide network for all remote facilities, their engineers, clients and associate. If one of us gets in a jam, we can call on a facility in the area for technical support in the form of equipment backup, crew support, media stock, etc...
Old 30th November 2002
Gear maniac

Re: Remote Forum Role Call...

NYC Drew.

Just in 5:50am from a gig in CT.

Man, am I tired.

Next (remote) gig is in Trinidad (6th & 7th) then Dubai 11th...then....round and round and round she goes.

Glad to be here. Definately one of the "small" fish.

NYC Drew
Old 30th November 2002
Lives for gear

Im here!
Only about 5-6 remote dates a year, but still ove the forum.

Keep up the good work!!!
Old 30th November 2002
Gear maniac

Name:
Jason Crouch

big fish in small ponds, and little fish in the big sea

Specialty:
Stereo 2-track recording, and making things happen with small track counts

Thought for today:
We all have alot of good gear, yet how often do we really use all of it? If we can network in an efficient manner, perhaps we could all have access to alot of great gear all the time...
Old 1st December 2002
There is only one

Name:
barrett

been a few days since last shower, so most likely

Specialty:
sound molestation.

Thought for today:
my mind is blank as a fart.
Old 1st December 2002
Gear interested

Name: Timothy Mitchell Glasgow

Rank: Guitar scientist and digital audio chemist. 48% grunt worker, 48% deep thinker, 4% totally useless diversion time waster. Engineer and tech, Echo CaƱon, NYC amd listen involvement, London, Ontario, Canada. Has been known to do a remote from time to time.

Specialty: Tomatoes, bicycles, cute girls in shiny clothes, old Macs and Pro Tools, old synthesizers and guitars. Probably in that order.

Thought For Today: i think i like new school German/Swiss electro-industrial music.

--t
Old 1st December 2002
Name:
Julian "Jules" Standen

Producer/engineer/publisher/web host sponsor

Specialty:
Dealing with teenage & early 20's rock bands / 'managing' the managers / initial 'meetings' / menue reading & food ordering

Thought for today:
Where shall we go for lunch? & I really must put my rates up.

I do remote work in this way - I take a PT Mix+ rig (sometimes even a ProControl main unit) and a waist high stack of outboard pre's / a pair of Gelelec 1031A's cables etc and can record a band anywhere. (A pool hall was good)
Old 1st December 2002
Lives for gear

Name: John W. Hartmann

Speciality: Salmon with Hot pepper sauce/ Capturing the uncapturable/ doing remotes with the gear someone else ordered..."we don't need that box, something with INPUTS WOULD BE NICE"

Serious: truck remotes for video shoots and music at home studio at 48k...my new favorite sample rate.

peace john
Old 2nd December 2002
Lives for gear

name: Craig Zarkos

rank: Partner, Creative Mobile, Producer/engineer/dishwasher/ lead headscratcher....Proxy music (building new room as we speak)

Speciality: all things drum and perc oriented, programming and pretty good "production mgr" (able to get people to do stuff on time) and not bad at scaring up the biziness . Love the challenges of remote work (although we've only got a handul under our belt)

thought for today: stay away from Firestone tires...... (see version 1 of the remote truck below)
balance your life
all work and no play makes jonny a very fat engineer.
I'ts not the gear.....
pimp what cha got....
Attached Thumbnails
Remote Possibilities Role Call... Post Your Name, Rank & Specialty Right Here!-v3.jpg  
Old 2nd December 2002
Lives for gear

Name: Steve

Rank: audio engineer, fighting to not be fel transfer engineer.

Speciality: making people wonder if i have a speciality..

Thought for today: what the hell am I doing in Kansas city?
Old 2nd December 2002
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by cajonezzz
......thought for today: stay away from Firestone tires...... (see version 1 of the remote truck below) ....
Damn Craig,

That picture looks a lot worst then imagined, when I read your original "truck tipping" post.

Thank goodness, no one was hurt too badly.

All the best to you and yours.
Old 2nd December 2002
Gear maniac

Tubelover here, count me in the roll call

Specialty: Drums and remote with 8 tracks or less

My thoughts everyday: A fine Neve board and 2" pay the rent when the gigs indoors, but remote is the real fun. Now if I could just find a dolly for that board.
Old 3rd December 2002
Gear Addict

Name: Brenton Trott

Specialty: Recently left full time job with video production unit doing remote and studio work after 12 years. Needed to get out of audio for a while, it had became a job.

Thought for today: Now have a home studio and a hobby that I love again.
Old 3rd December 2002
Gear nut

Name:
Kurt Albershardt

Returning to pro audio after a 14-year hiatus from Hollywood.

Specialty:
Squeezing good sound out of tough situations.
Old 3rd December 2002
Gear Head

name: Ken Feldman

Speciality: recording rock and jazz as well as live sound in NYC; steamed in white wine and lots of garlic

thought for today: I should not answer the phone while I am still half asleep.....
Old 4th December 2002
One with big hooves

Name: Jay Kahrs

Rank: Chief Engineer, Owner of Mad Moose Recording Inc. I also co-produce albums for bands and do lots of walk-in FOH gigs.

Specialty: Live music. Usually loud rock, hardcore/punk, blues or roots. No bluegrass though, mostly cause I haven't gotten a call for that gig yet.

Thought for today: Life sucks, I'm getting sick again and my JH-24 sounds like a beehive.

BTW, nice to see ya Rory Tate! What's new? How's Arron's A80 running?
Old 10th December 2002
Gear interested

Name: Big Ed

Specialty: Music

Thought for today: I used to be God but now I sell HotDogs
Old 22nd December 2002
Gear interested

Name: Kooster McAllister

Company: Record Plant Remote

Started at Record Plant 1978

Bought remote division in 1989

Console 54 X 48 API
Recorders: Sony 3348, 48 Tracks Radar Nyquest, 12 - DA98's, 2 - Ampex 1200, all small formats

7 TEC awards
1 Grammy

Web site
recordplantremote.com
Old 28th December 2002
Gear maniac

Cool

Name: Bob Buontempo

Rank: Engineer/Producer/Desktop Mastering/Musician/Writer (Recording/Tech. Articles/Books).

Specialty Music, Sleeping, and being Annoying!!

NYC Area Based (NJ); Recording Rock with REAL Instruments, and (hopefually) getting good sounds (especially on DRUMS!! )
Old 5th January 2003
Super Moderator

Come on now, I know we got more remotesters out there.

OK, I understand that Lurkers may not want to ring in, but what about everyone else. You know, the ones that have posted and/or added to the threads more then three times. Don't you count?

Hey, it's all good either way...
Old 5th January 2003
There is only one

im about to become one soon as soon as i get this damn house sold. although VERY small kinda remote stuff... like maybe a laptop G4ti with a couple 896's and a rack of pres/mics sitting off the side of the stage/live room/rehearsal space/whatever someone wants to record in.
Old 5th January 2003
Small rig?

Alfajerk?

Yeh RIGHT!

The Metric Halo i/o has some sort of rep for I/o & decent pre's in one unit.. could be weel worth checking out too..
Old 5th January 2003
Gear nut

Name:
Gregory R. Wright

Insane Onwer/Engineer/Roadie/Driver

Specialty:
On-site TAPE recording of local rock/jazz/blues bands and soloists. (Live shows, practice spaces, houses, etc.) We stick to New England and maybe NYC. For now...

Thought for today:
I can't think today, it's recovery day from last night's gig.

Question of the day:
I like just about every kind of music. The exceptions are rap/hip-hop/house/whatever the hell it's called, Techmo, Latin/Salsa and Britney Spears 'R&B' type crap. Sorry, it's crap, IMHO, and I don't want to deal with it. How does one gracefully say "Look, I don't want to record that type of stuff" without sounding too opinionated, or racist, or whatever? Thought I'd ask...
Old 7th January 2003
Lives for gear

Name: Bill Plummer

Rank: owner/engineer of TinderArts (surround production) and WaveSpank (mastering studio)

Specialty: 25 years experience in touring, broadcast & studio engineering. Currently focused on live recording for DVD video releases.

Thought for today: Support live music and live venues!

rollz rollz rollz
Old 7th January 2003
Lives for gear

Wavespank? conjures up all sorts of ocean sex mischief thoughts...

seriously, where are you located....your profile was void of info...

peace john
Old 7th January 2003
Lives for gear

John, I'm in Bowie, MD. I'll update the profile.
Old 9th January 2003
Name: Paul Tumolo

Rank: Head Plum, Wilplum Recordings, Oakland, CAc www.wildplum.com/remote

Specialty: Folk and Acoustic music, a little rock, country, jazz and classical- and some cowboy music

Thought for today: once again, i wasn't nominated for a grammy; in the now immortal words of Steve Mariucci- BUMMER!

I have a demo CD of some of my work available, if you're interested in a copy, email me.
Old 14th January 2003
Gear interested

SeriesTen

Lou Holtzman
Founder EastSide Sound Studio's
Engineer/Producer
Jazz recording engineer-
Closet Rock engineer--Assisted Sevendust-Twisted sister- Produced C-Toe and won the opening slot for them at KROK's DFP-4

For Remoteness-
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the tapes -I had the factory jumping in Nashville- Too bad I did not have a copy of your recording of Milo Z. That was a great night and you and your crew caught both acts without a hitch. Sort of nice the way i sat on my ass and watched. Can you come to my studio and let me just sit there. Hey, Remember when you cut the Cro-Mags at my place back in the 80"s. Wow, a classic. Maybe I will lure you back in the studio. Thanks for posting the SeriesTen info.
Lou Holtzman
EastSide Sound
NYC
Old 14th January 2003
Gear interested

Well, just to prove there are at least a couple of remoteed bod's below the equator . . .

Name: Steve Finucane

Rank: Technical Manager for Chapel Studios as well as owner/engineer of the remote facility which comprises a rebuilt 16 ft caravan (or trailer as it's known in the U.S.) It currently comprises a 32 channel Tascam M600. The other gear is purloined from the studio racks as required.

Specialty: Anything that pays !

Thought: I wish this (the remote) was a commercially viable proposition - ah well, I enjoy myself when I can

Cheers
Old 15th January 2003
Lives for gear

Name: David R.

Rank: Owner/Engineer/Producer/Tea Maker for On The Moon Studio

Speciality: World music, Jazz, accoustic, bad humor

Thought for the day: No matter where you go, there you are.

Extra: Love doing what I call 'gorilla recording.' Set up gear in whatever space and making it work.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search