The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , ,

Remote Possibilities Role Call... Post Your Name, Rank & Specialty Right Here!
Old 16th June 2014
Lives for gear

Name: Kevin Dye

Specialty: FILM/TV I'm not picky currently I am volunteering with a local wrestling promotion and doing audio for shoot interviews and promos.

Based: California, everywhere in California.

Thought for the day: "Follow your dreams and you will reach your destiny"
Old 19th June 2014
Super Moderator

Welcome one; welcome all!

Looking forward in hearing about your gigs and rigs.
Old 20th June 2014
Name: Adel Amadi

Specialty: I have been recording live bands since 2002.

Thought for today: The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Head

Hi All

My first post here BUT I know you guys all too well already. This is the only forum I am on. I am generally anti-forums BUT I feel at home here

Name - James Henriot

Rank - MD/ CEO of Whest Audio Ltd and Whest Records

Speciality - high-end audio electronics designer and ex-studio and location sound engineer

NOW - Getting back into remote/ live recording as well as running Whest Audio
...... need more time )

Currently working with a singer/ songwriter based in Manchester UK and a gypsy jazz trio/ quartet based in the UK.
Old 17th July 2014
Super Moderator

It's great to hear from you folks.

Looking forward to reading your upcoming posts.
Old 26th July 2014
Gear Maniac

Name:
Frederic Angleraux

ADCSound owner and engineer, but I feel happy as I am always the best employee of the month...:-)

Specialty:
Prawns blazed with a Pastis sauce

Based:
Bern/Switzerland.

I am a pro violinist and had the chance to play in the greatest concert halls here in europe as a chamber musicican. I also learnt engineering 25 years ago. This allow me to work also as an artistic director / engineer and now that I live in a biggest place I built a nice control room and produce some location recordings, only classical music.

I love what it is possible to do with high end gear to serve the music.
Old 3rd December 2014
Gear interested

Name:
asder

Wholesaler for Baroni Lab

Specialty:
dealer of guitar pedals and amps

Thought for today:
depress...miss my man and don't know when he will come back...
Old 5th March 2015
Gear Addict

Just realized I haven't checked in here!

Name: Rob Maletick

Rank: Principle at Breaking Ground Entertainment (Based in Virginia and we have a guy in Nashville too.)

Specialty: Orchestra and Jazz recordings. Although we get into other stuff as well

***We have just become the newest Midas dealer in the Washington DC area....and we do live sound reinforcement from time to time.
Old 6th March 2015
Name: Ben Dial

Specialty: Mostly In house but I have recently gotten a reputation for on location recording of pipe organs. So much so that I had to invest in a portable rig to make it all possible.

My portable rig: 1 Black Lion Audio Premium Modded Digi003 Rack, 1 Black Lion Audio ADA8000 Premium Mod 8 Channel Preamp. A buttload of microphones but for organ I'm using a mix of Rode shotgun mics and Cascade Microphones Ribbons mostly. all running into an Asus G750 with i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz) 16GB Memory 1TB 7200rpm HDD 256GB SSD.

Last edited by Ben Dial; 6th March 2015 at 05:45 AM..
Old 6th March 2015
Super Moderator

Welcome to our awesome forum.

Enjoy!
Old 12th December 2015
Here for the gear

Name: Stephen DeVore

Rank: Freelance & Owner. PT Production Sound Mixer, Boom Operator, Voice-overs, Location Audio, Field Recording, Sound Design, Foley. Composer. AES member.

Specialty: Composing songs, Singing, Keyboard, Gtr. But also: Audio for FILM, Video, and/or TV. With a Degree in Audio Engineering (recording studio tracking & mixing, 3.9GPA); a Degree in MIDI Production (3.9GPA); Certificate in Sound Production (University of Washington); several certificates from The Recording Workshop (Chillicothe, Ohio); official Pro Tools coursework (PT101, PT201, PT210M, PT210P).

Thought for the day: My mind is blank.

Gear: Various owned, borrowed, and rented location-audio gear, from: Sound Devices to the 8-channel Zoom F8 to the humble Zoom H6 and H4n, and Tascam. Wireless lavs. And not only several studio microphones (AKG, AT, Audix, Blue, E-V, Fostex ribbons, Groove Tubes, Neumann (U87ai etc.), Rode/RØDE tube, Sennheiser, Shure, and others) but also ADR & shotgun mics from Sennheisers to Rodes and other, and eyeballing a new Schoeps. Plus studio gear (high-end Pro Tools and others).

Location/Based: Washington State, primarily the Greater Seattle-Tacoma areas. But I travel.
Old 22nd December 2015
Here for the gear

Name: Clint Field

Specialty: Wasting Money on audio equipment to mount in a Live audio truck...

Gear:
DN9696 Direct Recording 96 tracks: 24bit 96K and backed-up with DP and or Logic
MIDAS ProX

Location/Based: Melbourne Australia
Attached Thumbnails
Remote Possibilities Role Call... Post Your Name, Rank & Specialty Right Here!-12068857_972774919474177_3629199063953915126_o.jpg  
Old 22nd December 2015
Super Moderator

Welcome, fellas!
Old 22nd December 2015
Super Moderator

Hello, Clint.

Nice to iMeet you.

I'm not sure if I would call it wasting money, since I'm known to do the same.

Is the picture you posted an image of your audio truck? If so, it looks like it's an expando.

Also, how do you like your Klark Teknik DN9696. I always wanted a couple of those recorders, but felt they were over priced when I based them on other available digital hard disk recorders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
Name: Clint Field

Specialty: Wasting Money on audio equipment to mount in a Live audio truck...

Gear:
DN9696 Direct Recording 96 tracks: 24bit 96K and backed-up with DP and or Logic
MIDAS ProX

Location/Based: Melbourne Australia
Old 23rd December 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBBCFP View Post
Michael Broadhurst

I own Mike's Mobile Mics - Professional On Site, On Location Digital Audio, Sound and Music Recording in Portsmouth, VA.

I record mostly classical with some jazz and Big Band in the venues where they perform. I record lots of audition demos usually in my home church which is my "studio" when one is needed. I record pipe organs as often as possible (I do like big organs). I do not record gazillion track pop stuff.

I am adding to my gear virtually every week continuing to upgrade with the aim of ever-increasing quality of final product. I am always looking for a deal on that special ______ .

I think your idea of remote facilities network is a terriffic one. Has anything come to fruition?
"Thought for today:
Why don't we create a worldwide network for all remote facilities, their engineers, clients and associate. If one of us gets in a jam, we can call on a facility in the area for technical support in the form of equipment backup, crew support, media stock, etc..."

I just stumbled across this post from several years ago and my admiration for your idea. Again, has anything ever come of this?

There are a few remoters locally who cooperate and share with each other - and some who do not. A larger network may be a good thing. $0.02
Old 24th December 2015
Super Moderator

Why not? Let us make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBBCFP View Post
"Thought for today:
Why don't we create a worldwide network for all remote facilities, their engineers, clients and associate. If one of us gets in a jam, we can call on a facility in the area for technical support in the form of equipment backup, crew support, media stock, etc..."

I just stumbled across this post from several years ago and my admiration for your idea. Again, has anything ever come of this?

There are a few remoters locally who cooperate and share with each other - and some who do not. A larger network may be a good thing. $0.02
Old 28th December 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
Why not? Let us make it happen!
Exactly. In Montana, there is a lot of ground to cover with very few people in the area that can do the job. Things break, of course, all the time. It's really nice to have some friends or even competitors who are willing to help (for the right price) and won't try to snake your gig.

Your part of the solution or the problem. Cutthroat business folks aren't helping. I'm glad to see all the posting in this forum. You never know what a simple conversation may lead to!
Old 28th December 2015
Super Moderator

I've always done my best to help my friends, associates and even competitors.

I wish my competitors had the same mindset. I believe the remote recording and location production world would be a better place for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahslovarp View Post
Exactly. In Montana, there is a lot of ground to cover with very few people in the area that can do the job. Things break, of course, all the time. It's really nice to have some friends or even competitors who are willing to help (for the right price) and won't try to snake your gig.

Your part of the solution or the problem. Cutthroat business folks aren't helping. I'm glad to see all the posting in this forum. You never know what a simple conversation may lead to!
Old 29th January 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hello, Clint.

Nice to iMeet you.

I'm not sure if I would call it wasting money, since I'm known to do the same.

Is the picture you posted an image of your audio truck? If so, it looks like it's an expando.

Also, how do you like your Klark Teknik DN9696. I always wanted a couple of those recorders, but felt they were over priced when I based them on other available digital hard disk recorders.
Thanks!
That is the internals of my truck...its not and expando - that was going to overload the axles in the particular truck i have...but it's photographed with a really wide angle lens that artificially creates space...

The DN9696 is good - its been hot-rodded with SSDs..and although its WinXP has been stable! The 9696 has AES50 ports which jack straight into the ProX so it was an easy sell..and these days there are deals to be had!
Old 29th January 2016
Super Moderator

Very cool!

Wishing you the very best!

Did Klark Teknik discontinue the DN9696?
I don't see it in the Dealer Price schedule.

All the best to you and your operation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
Thanks!
That is the internals of my truck...its not and expando - that was going to overload the axles in the particular truck i have...but it's photographed with a really wide angle lens that artificially creates space...

The DN9696 is good - its been hot-rodded with SSDs..and although its WinXP has been stable! The 9696 has AES50 ports which jack straight into the ProX so it was an easy sell..and these days there are deals to be had!
Old 30th January 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Very cool!

Wishing you the very best!

Did Klark Teknik discontinue the DN9696?
I don't see it in the Dealer Price schedule.

All the best to you and your operation!
I think they have discontinued the 9696....it works on a locked out older version of Sadie.... on XP, which is now no longer supported by Microsoft.
From memory, Sadie went out of business some time ago, and eventually were revived by Prism sound....it may be the reason it hasn't been updated.
Its a very single purpose system, but it does it well IMHO. Ours has done 96tracks for 3hrs straight without hiccup in record so i guess its stable for long records which doesn't seem like a primary concern for most DAWs....

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!
Old 1st November 2016
Name: Adam Asnan

Rank: Freelance field/production/location sound recordist, occasional post production mixer, sound artist.

Speciality: Actually, in acousmatic sound and theory, otherwise I work across a broad range of applications. The work that calls upon my 'preferences' the most is with indepedent artist film and musicians active in experimental and electroacoustic musics (as am I)

Based: Berlin / London
Old 1st November 2016
Super Moderator

Very cool, Adam!

Nice to iMeet you and welcome to our forum.

I'm intrigued by this acousmatic sound and theory concept since I do not know much about the subject. I remember this term to define the listening experience of musique concrète. How does it apply to your film sound and such?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAsnan View Post
Name: Adam Asnan

Rank: Freelance field/production/location sound recordist, occasional post production mixer, sound artist.

Speciality: Actually, in acousmatic sound and theory, otherwise I work across a broad range of applications. The work that calls upon my 'preferences' the most is with indepedent artist film and musicians active in experimental and electroacoustic musics (as am I)

Based: Berlin / London
Old 7th November 2016
I have been trying to write a musical for quite a long time, I started in a creative writing workshop years ago and I have shifted my interests into a scaled back production, perhaps nothing more than a one-man, one dog show, with guests, some of them musical, some of them not. I have a big interest in folk music, as well as world history, including World War I and II, that's why many of my posts have touted field recording requirements, not studio sound, and it is not exactly about remote recording by a professional or semi professional recordists. I think this year is going to be good.

I have very little interest in audio engineering except in recording theatrical research tapes, mostly oral history, using the conventions mentioned by Andre Gregory in "My Dinner With Andre". Further details are explained in Jerzy Grotowski's conventions for a Poor Theatre. It is mostly about singing and dancing and running around an enchanted forest in your underpants, sailing to Georgian Bay in an open cockpit dinghy, and driving fast on gravel roads, and has nothing to do with API, Neve, Shadow Hills Industries, or Nagra, or Neumann, or Schoeps. But then again, you never can be too Shure.

Last edited by TheOracleofSherbrooke; 16th January 2017 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: Explained my public profile and interest in audio engineering
Old 18th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2bern View Post
Name:
Frederic Angleraux

ADCSound owner and engineer, but I feel happy as I am always the best employee of the month...:-)

Specialty:
Prawns blazed with a Pastis sauce

Based:
Bern/Switzerland.

I am a pro violinist and had the chance to play in the greatest concert halls here in europe as a chamber musicican. I also learnt engineering 25 years ago. This allow me to work also as an artistic director / engineer and now that I live in a biggest place I built a nice control room and produce some location recordings, only classical music.

I love what it is possible to do with high end gear to serve the music.
I like all this very much.
Old 19th November 2016
Quote:
Very cool, Adam!

Nice to iMeet you and welcome to our forum.

I'm intrigued by this acousmatic sound and theory concept since I do not know much about the subject. I remember this term to define the listening experience of musique concrète. How does it apply to your film sound and such?
Thanks!

You are right, it's precisely that; towards a philosophy that the loudspeaker is analogous to the Pythagorean veil - that which he was supposed to have held his classes from behind. It is what it means to listen to a sound without being in a position to reconcile the exact circumstances from where and how it originated, namely, a recording.. with this separation comes an opportunity to reinterpret the information into something 'concrete', i.e. the sound for it's own merit, and not it's signifier.

Well, it's a case by case basis on how and how much these principles may apply with any of the work that I undertake; it has shaped my ability to listen in many capacities, that's for certain.. I hold the very act of recording as something symbolic, that is rooted within the acousmatic discourse.
Old 12th January 2017
Gear Nut

I'm only on Facebook now

I do all my social media just on Facebook now, but now and then I tell a Throw Back Thursday remote gig story, and I've collected them all into one photo album:
https://www.facebook.com/db.brown.14...1521031&type=3

and the thread of Record Plant Practical Jokes that Ryan Hewitt once asked for on here can be found at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2954...c_location=ufi

If the other "Dave" that was looking for folks that knew Jon Mathias is still around please contact me there. I have a copy of the album he recorded in college that his daughter might wish to hear (if she hasn't already.)
Old 7th March 2017
Here for the gear

Name: Steve Wattay

Speciality: Learning the industry, Freelance Drumming, In the box sessions

Based: West by God Virginia

Nice to meet all of you!
Old 14th May 2017
Here for the gear
Name: Rob Paull

Speciality: Location recording of classical music

Based: Central New Jersey. Record in New Jersey, NYC, Long Island

Though I haven't been much of a poster as of yet, the forum has been an invaluable source of information as well as used equipment.
Old 16th May 2017
Here for the gear

Always Wells
Owner of : Tomwellsaudio
Skills: Live sound, Audio recording , FCPX, Avid Media Composer, Avid Protools , Photoshop, Being Wells

DO NOT use your CPU/RIG for personal stuff . Always keep it offline. One simple update can mess your remote recording studio up . If your system works let it work. Get a drive and back everything up daily . When you need to send files put them on the external drive and send them off a seperate CPU I forgot to mention in my intro . I am ACMT certified . Mac questions are always welcome.

Always Wells
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search