The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

Alice 828
Old 21st July 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
I sold it in the late '80s and bought a Mackie, which was much quieter.
Would a Mackie be a better desk to buy then? Was considering an Alice or Soundcraft 200b as a compliment to my 01v96...
Old 22nd July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth.h.rees View Post
Would a Mackie be a better desk to buy then? Was considering an Alice or Soundcraft 200b as a compliment to my 01v96...
What I understand Alice is way over 200b with all the transformers in and out -exept direct outs - if you are after that kind of image of sound. They where made to broadcast standards.
( Never got the one I was after then )

Matti
Old 22nd July 2009
Lives for gear

I wouldn't get too het up about the Alice desk. Firstly any one that you buy now is very old, they were around when I first started recording and that was 30 years ago. They were also relatively cheap at the time, not out and out budget, but things like Chilton desks were much more up market. My honest opinion is that unless you buy it real cheap it isn't worth having, you have to factor in that it might need work and this could easily exceed it's worth.

I obviously don't know what project you are planning to use it for, however, I can't think of a scenario where you couldn't easily get something as good for not a lot of money and you would have the benefit of guarantee and the knowledge that it is likely to last a few years before any repairs are needed.

Regards

Roland
Old 22nd July 2009
Lives for gear

but where's the romance?!
Old 3rd February 2011
Here for the gear

Alice Coundtech Series A

Hello there,

I'm desperately trying to find service manuals and power supply schematics for my Alice Soundtech Series A desk.

It didn't come with a power supply and I'm trying to find the right documentation to rebuild one to make it work.

I have tried contacting the manufacturer directly but I have had no response.

Does anyone here have the right documents?

The powersupply connector on my desk is a Neutrik 4 pin.

Thanks in advance and I hope this isn't too painful a request.

Cheers
Old 15th August 2011
Gear interested

alice 828

Old 15th August 2011
Lives for gear

Yes he is very helpful

Matti
Old 12th July 2017
Here for the gear

Hi all. I'm on a wild hunt for a 828s.

Anyone selling?
Old 15th July 2017
Gear Maniac

Alice for sald

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayes View Post

Anyone selling?
Hi there, I've just made the hard decision to part with my Alice desk. It's bigger than the 828 - a custom 16 channel affair, with an extra aux and another eq band. All the features you want - sowter input transformers, direct outputs, switchable line inputs, master bus limiters, long throw faders etc etc.
I had it recapped, cleaned, and gigantic bbc transformers added to the master outputs. Pm me if interested and I'll send you pics and any more details

Cheers!
Old 21st July 2017
Gear Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayes View Post

Anyone selling?
Excellent little mixer - unfortunately, I sold my PPM version a few years ago, after it became the noisiest part of the system after I had upgraded everything else.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search