The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Waveburner Replacement? Utility Software
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Logic Waveburner Replacement?

Apple have forsaken Waveburner
What is its current equivalent for CD assembly on an iMac ?
Old Codger
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I use DSP-Quattro. They used to have a cross grade special for Logic/Waveburner users.

Ben
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I really like sonoris DDP creator for assembly. You have to do all processing in a DAW- pro tools, reaper, cubendo, whatever- and drop 16/44.1 files into DDP creator. But it's excellent for assembly, burning and format export.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I use Triumph, formerly from Audiofile Engineering, now Aurchitect. Written specifically for Macintosh. Works very well.

Aurchitect Audio Software
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks chaps
I really need mastering and editing tools
High Sierra only likes downloads from the App Store!
Codger
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo 46 View Post
Thanks chaps
Codger
I'm still a Snow Leopard meself, Hi-Sierra requires bottled oxygen, and I get altitude sickness
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmosonic View Post
I use Triumph, formerly from Audiofile Engineering, now Aurchitect. Written specifically for Macintosh. Works very well.

Aurchitect Audio Software
hmm .. i had an Audiofile App way back when .. cannot remember name now .. might have just been Audiofile !!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks chaps
Codger
You can still install any software if you set it to "any developer" in system preference> security and privacy.

Huub
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
You can still install any software if you set it to "any developer" in system preference> security and privacy.

Huub
App store and identified developers it says Huub
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
App store and identified developers it says Huub
You are right.

I have not come across any compatible software I could not install though.

Just fyi.

Huub
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
hmm .. i had an Audiofile App way back when .. cannot remember name now .. might have just been Audiofile !!!
It used to be called Wave Editor, then they re-designed it as Triumph with a far better user interface. It is very good once you get used to it.

It burns excellent CDs and solid reliable DDP masters, and they have a utility program that can open and play the DDP master as if it is a CD.

I’m very happy with it...

I chose it when I lost faith in Waveburner. I loved the ease-of-use of Waveburner’s checker-boarding layout but I hated the fact that it was applying an SRC at all times, no matter what sampling rate you were using. It wasn’t a very good SRC, either, and you couldn’t turn it off. It’s even in use at 44.1k as far as I can tell, because its artifacts are there.

After I’d edited/mastered a few different CDs on Waveburner I noticed a consistent ‘graininess’ and ‘dryness’ to the sound that was always there in the CD master but not in the original files - no matter what the source material was recorded with. Then it dawned on me that it was using a permanent SRC - the same as the old stand-alone CD-Recorders were doing on their digital inputs to ensure that the final signal is at 44.1k. Waveburner was designed to be easy to use, just like iMovie and so on, and that means removing technical decisions that the average Joe could make a mess of.

You will notice with Waveburner that it works no matter what the sampling rate of the files you import is, and there is no option to turn the SRC on or off. No matter what sampling rate you’re using, if you export the edited/mastered files out of it they will always be at 44.1k. (Well, that was the case up to the point that I left the program. There was no option to edit a 96k file and export it at 96k.)

I moved from Waveburner to Wave Editor then followed the upgrade to Triumph, which I find is very good. I have no intention of going elsewhere...

Last edited by Simmosonic; 1 week ago at 02:09 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmosonic View Post
It used to be called Wave Editor, then they re-designed it as Triumph with a far better user interface. It is very good once you get used to it.

It burns excellent CDs and solid reliable DDP masters, and they have a utility program that can open and play the DDP master as if it is a CD.

I’m very happy with it...

I chose it when I lost faith in Waveburner. I loved the ease-of-use of Waveburner’s checker-boarding layout but I hated the fact that it was applying an SRC at all times, no matter what sampling rate you were using. It wasn’t a very good SRC, either, and you couldn’t turn it off. It’s even in use at 44.1k as far as I can tell, because its artifacts are there.

After I’d edited/mastered a few different CDs on Waveburner I noticed a consistent ‘graininess’ and ‘dryness’ to the sound that was always there in the CD master but not in the original files - no matter what the source material was recorded with. Then it dawned on me that it was using a permanent SRC - the same as the old stand-alone CD-Recorders were doing on their digital inputs to ensure that the final signal is at 44.1k. Waveburner was designed to be easy to use, just like iMovie and so on, and that means removing technical decisions that the average Joe could make a mess of.

You will notice with Waveburner that it works no matter what the sampling rate of the files you import is, and there is no option to turn the SRC on or off. No matter what sampling rate you’re using, if you export the edited/mastered files out of it they will always be at 44.1k. (Well, that was the case up to the point that I left the program. There was no option to edit a 96k file and export it at 96k.)

I moved from Waveburner to Wave Editor then followed the upgrade to Triumph, which I find is very good. I have no intention of going elsewhere...
thank you
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ive never had a problem with WaveBurner SRC or dry graininess, Ive always been amazed 44.1 could be truncated from 88.2 and still sound so very similar.
Now WB has gone from my latest iMac I will upgrade to Triumph, luckily WB is still on my older Yosemite iMac, I hate learning new curves at the age of 72!
Roger
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Ive never had a problem with WaveBurner SRC or dry graininess, Ive always been amazed 44.1 could be truncated from 88.2 and still sound so very similar.
I didn’t notice it at first, but once I did I went back through the original recordings and found none of them had it but all the mastered versions did.

I really didn’t want it to be due to Waveburner because I liked the interface so much...
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I can run Waveburner under 10.10.something, no problem. It just doesn't like every burner AND it's stupid enough to ask for "registering" every time i start it. It won't take any of my Logic serial numbers or upgrade # (thank you, Apple!!!) but i got a v.6.x Logic dongle that works just the same. My rig has more than one bootable systems and one of them is a 10.6.8 with the whole Logic package. Clicking on the Waveburner icon while running 10.10.x gets it going.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I have Triumph now on High Sierra
Its workflow/ connectivity is good
But the plug in processors are feeble AU
Can I down load Wave burner /Logic X tools and use Space designer/Delay Designer/Adaptive Limiter etc?
Roger
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can I down load Wave burner /Logic X tools and use Space designer/Delay Designer/Adaptive Limiter etc? Roger
I didn't look at the app store, but if, you'd have to get the whole package. Then it would be possible that -even if it's there- you won't be able to download it, because depending on your OS version the app store may decide you can't install it. The iNanny knows what's good for you, right? Apple decided that CDs aren't modern and cool anymore and who are you to have a different opinion?
This is the difference between ownership and a temporary lease which isn't yours to decide. If i got the install data somewhere in my backup, i get to decide what i can install. If it's just on a server then the iNanny will rule over you.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

is waveburner a separate installer ?? not sure if this helps .. but if it is i probably have a Disk Image of the installer from the Logic 9 package .. would that help you ???
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I have Logic but Hi Sierra will not mount it
I think it might take a Main Stage App download but Im still getting to grips with Triumph (of the Will).......
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Can’t use logic fx in Triumph !
Triumph is not as powerful as Waveburner
It’s more video than audio
Quite disappointed it’s certainly not intuitive...
Roger
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search