The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I got a call to do a remote recording both audio and video...but
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughshouse View Post
That has to make your butt itch!
Hugh
Scratch and sniff baby....

The ask girlfriend to close her eyes and take a deep breath on the count of three...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjazzdad View Post
Hope you're feeling better Tom. Kidney stones are no fun!
MUCH BETTER...Thanks!

It "passed" late in the day just before the concert. YEA!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
MUCH BETTER...Thanks!

It "passed" late in the day just before the concert. YEA!!!
usually when the "Stones" Show up it is a Good Show .. sorry, it was just to easy !!! glad to hear things went well !!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

After careful assessment of the whole gig I believe we did a good job for the client. But for what we had to do we did it way too cheap. I really don't like doing jobs so far way from my studio and I certainly don't enjoy not making any money on the gig. By the time we are done with the editing of a three camera shoot we will have spent all the money we made on the videographers and the editor. Not good for the bottom line.

I had the client over yesterday to listen to the audio and he was very pleased. Now we have to download all the camera videos and get working on the editing.

I talked the matter over with my associates and we are not going to do anymore remote remotes unless we can charge a lot more. it just isn't worth it.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and support.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
After careful assessment of the whole gig I believe we did a good job for the client. But for what we had to do we did it way too cheap. I really don't like doing jobs so far way from my studio and I certainly don't enjoy not making any money on the gig. By the time we are done with the editing of a three camera shoot we will have spent all the money we made on the videographers and the editor. Not good for the bottom line.

I had the client over yesterday to listen to the audio and he was very pleased. Now we have to download all the camera videos and get working on the editing.

I talked the matter over with my associates and we are not going to do anymore remote remotes unless we can charge a lot more. it just isn't worth it.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and support.
yeah, breaking even does not help the bottom line at all ... no matter how happy the client is ...

it is hard to say no to work these days .. !!!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search