The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alesis Masterlink ML-9600 Sevice Manual? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 24th August 2017
Lives for gear

Alesis Masterlink ML-9600 Sevice Manual?

I am trying to keep a bunch of these going for the foreseeable future and I need the schematics and service manual. Alesis was no help.

Anyone of you slutz have a copy or know of someone who might? Happy to pay if needed.

Thanks.

D.
Old 3rd September 2017
Gear Head

Sorry, I cannot help with this, all I have is the reference manual that comes with the unit new. If you find either the schematic and/or service manual I am interested in that as well. I have a two working and two parts machines here.

Thanks - Doug
Old 4th September 2017
Old 4th September 2017
Lives for gear

See Alesis ML-9600 Schematic Alesis seems to have mailed the service manual and the schematic to a person who was looking for one. What did Alesis say when you contacted them? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 4th September 2017
Lives for gear

Tom. They tell me that they won't provide these to anyone who is not an authorized service technician.

D.
Old 4th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourtelot View Post
Tom. They tell me that they won't provide these to anyone who is not an authorized service technician.

D.

Suggest you find someone in your area who repairs Alesis and have them order the manual and schematic for you. The comments on the link I sent you seem to imply that the person just contacted Alesis and they sent the manual and schematic to them. Best of luck!

Have a good holiday!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Sidebar: I've logged over 1000 hours on my mlink since new in '01 (know what you use, use what you know, etc).
I've killed, replaced & successfully rebooted 3 hard-drives, most recently in August. The CD reader/burner has been sketchy for years; I may experiment installing others.

So, my current mobile studio setup is in a trailer. I noticed that the trailer's chassis was suddenly 110vac electrified; grab any metal while standing on earth and HELLO!
Stand in puddle = dead...
I started reviewing suspects and realized that the only recent electrical interaction was placing my mlink into the setup an hour earlier.
UNPLUGGED MLINK, ADIÓS ELECTROCUTION!
Took to a shop and they isolated/repaired a short in the power supply.
This is astounding. Moreso because this problem occured with my previous high-end Class A RV mobile studio rig but at that time I (mistakenly) attributed it to a short somewhere in the RV'S Coach electrical. Now, I presume it was the plugged-in Alesis!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Doug - I can recommend Chris Church of Church Audio if you want to work with a fabulous technician. I’m certain that guy can obtain the manual and repair and/or service your units.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks JN.

I spent a good deal of my years as a bench tech in my old life; building studios and trucks and fixin' things. So I don't really need a tech; I'm pretty comfy with everything down to SMC level (my old hands shake too much for that.)

I got two of the ML9600 going again for my boss and I think we are all back up and running.

I would still love a copy of that service manual if anyone's got one.

D.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Doug - I spent a few minutes looking around and from reading a few random things, it appears that Jim Williams has a copy of the service manual. You might contact him and see if could provide a copy to you. Otherwise, I was unable to locate an online copy, nor even a schematic. Good luck.
Old 6 days ago
I have some schematics. They won't tell you anything unless you can get inside those ASIC chips. Most issues are DSP. I've seen plenty of them and they are not repairable.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Yeah. I had one with a bad D to A converter and actually bought a replacement before I realized I just didn't have the skills or the steady hands to de-solder and solder SMCs.

Oh well, I'll just keep buying donor units until we wean our clients off of CDs and onto little thumb drives.

Thanks.

Doug
Old 1 day ago
I have one in perfect condition that I'd be willing to trade. Send me a PM if you're interested
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search