The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags:

Next purchase after H5 for field recording?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Next purchase after H5 for field recording?

Picked up a H5 for $100 off, now I'm considering what extra mic I could buy to aid in field recording. I'm still on a budget. I was thinking a shotgun mic maybe or different kind of mic to compliment the H5 X/Y. Any suggestions of where to go next?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjazz View Post
Picked up a H5 for $100 off, now I'm considering what extra mic I could buy to aid in field recording. I'm still on a budget. I was thinking a shotgun mic maybe or different kind of mic to compliment the H5 X/Y. Any suggestions of where to go next?

I have just bought a similar device, and as I am just recording various pipe organs, for my own listening pleasure, I was recommended a pair of Rhode 55's omni
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the reply. Rode NT55 is outta my budget at the moment. I was thinking I might want to get a shotgun mic.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Have you used the H5 yet? What are you recording with it? What do you want to record that the X-Y mics don't do a good job of?

I'd suggest using the H5 for awhile first before you buy anything else, so that you will have a better idea of what you actually need.

-Mike
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I pick it up tomorrow. I'm looking to record for vlogging as well as sounds for music production.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search