The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to get the analog experience we all crave.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
It doesn't get much more analog than this....and instructive in that so many recording methods taken for granted now (close-miking, DI boxes, compression and limiting during recording) were risk-taking pioneering steps back then (which paid off big time !)

https://eandt.theiet.org/content/art...-road-studios/
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
It doesn't get much more analog than this....and instructive in that so many recording methods taken for granted now (close-miking, DI boxes, compression and limiting during recording) were risk-taking pioneering steps back then (which paid off big time !)

https://eandt.theiet.org/content/art...-road-studios/
thats a fun read thx ..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
I miss the old dial-up days of the internet. It was great to have those long pauses of nothingness to be able to reflect on what it was I was searching for.

These days I need to really listen hard to hear my modem working. What's up with that? Is there a plugin I can buy to bring that experience back?

...and gaming? Why don't we have the option to hear the audio delivered in 8 bit format? We certainly are being cheated out of that experience, too.

It's about time we had someone working on making the internet great again.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
[QUOTE=ronmac;12736694It's about time we had someone working on making the internet great again.[/QUOTE]

The internet was great when it was restricted to professional's use only....now that every man and his dog has access to it, the whole shebang has been ruined
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Same as with recording industry )
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search