The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lawo mc²96 IP Console
Old 25th April 2017
Lives for gear

Lawo mc²96 IP Console

Lawo have just announced their new mc²96 IP console (which replaces the mc²90 console).

The real standouts for me are the following:
- SMPTE 2110, AES67, RAVENNA and DANTE support
- built in 4 port Switch with redundancy
- Fully redundant signal path
- 40-bit floating point processing
- Integrated 3D / Immersive mixing engine
- Integrated loudness metering
- Machine / DAW remote control
- Waves SoundGrid Integration (integrate Flux plugins)
- Neumann DMI-8 digital microphone integration
- Parallel compression available on each channel, group, aux and sum
- Dynamic timecode automation
- Cascaded / nested VCAs
- Integrated RTW TM9

Details that are lacking:
- control of V line units

More details:
https://www.lawo.com/products/audio-...les/mc296.html
https://www.lawo.com/fileadmin/conte..._mc2-96_EN.pdf

Remains to be seen how they have implemented the Immersive mixing engine and which formats it supports, if NHK 22.2, Auro-3D or Atmos layouts are supported.
Old 25th April 2017
Lives for gear

And presto; a 24 fader panel with Dante at 96k. Now, I just need to save my pennies.

Looks absolutely amazing.

D.
Old 26th April 2017
Very much a serious console for live sound, broadcast or recording. I love that it's got all the features of a radio board like starting a playback when you open the fader or press the "on" button, plus all the automation and such. Reminds me a bit of when the SSL 5000 series first came out.
Old 26th April 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone have any word on price for the 24C?

D.
Old 26th April 2017
Lives for gear

Old 19th May 2017
Here for the gear

The word on the street is that MTV is putting two of them in their SOTA audio truck when they are released in July. They have been running two mc2-66 Classic consoles. The 96's will be a step up to go along with their truck refurb.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Rumor confirmed. The newly refurbished MTV audio truck, Gemini, will have two of the mc2-96 surfaces installed in late July. The truck worked it's first job mixing the music for the recent CMT Music Awards, using two "loaner" surfaces from Lawo for the duties; an mc2-66 mkII and an mc2-56 mkII. Both consoles were integrated through a third Lawo router for maximum flexibility and each desk was running the Waves Grid plugin system. The mirrored control rooms also each have two 192 track Protools systems on MADI. Monitoring is accomplished by Genelec's 8351a speakers. I saw it. Wow, I was impressed. I'm sure I will be more so when they get the 96's installed.
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search