The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"All the world's a stage..."
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

"All the world's a stage..."

I don't know how many of you have built stages in your backyard... but I hope that I may hold some kind of record, because this is the third one I have put up... the other two having collapsed in the most unlikely, freakish circumstances (mostly owing to unlikely, freakish snowstorms, I mean in the Northeast, how could you expect that?) but this one is here to stay, I swear.

Once it's done, I plan to dredge out the ancient pond behind it that's reverted to swamp, in the background, and use the dredgings to construct a putting green beyond, so you'd see its reflection in the water. Not that I am a golfer or anything, I just think it would be too cute-- a stage, out in the middle of nowhere on a dead end road, with a pond and golf course. One would have to be dreaming, or most likely, mad!
Attached Thumbnails
"All the world's a stage..."-stage-april-17.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

"If you build it, they will come"...at least you won't have far to go to record the gig. Its a beautiful spot Joel, but what will it look like after the speaker arrays and lighting towers go up?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Speaking of outdoor stages in Petersburgh, NY, reminds me of sitting
under trees on a hillside above a small
stage at the Fox Hollow Festival in the mid-70's. At night the lights showed off
the light green color of the underside of leaves while the sound of Celtic harp,
acoustic guitar, fiddle and soft voices
wafted through the trees. Nirvana!

Last edited by Folkie; 1 week ago at 12:07 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Very, very cool Joel!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Build a stage and your players will come...a good recipe for creating the right karmic pre-conditions, often it may only be animals and natural sounds, but you'll be able to host your own 'house concerts'...this particular house being the natural outdoor amphitheatre.
Many people think of environmentalism as a 20th C thing, but they're late to the party....

To me this harks back to the spirit of Dick Gaughan and his "Redwood Cathedral" album, particularly the song 'Muir and the Master Builder':

Muir and the Master Builder - Dick Gaughan's Song Archive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Muir
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search