The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Our old Alesis HD24 drive boxes, repurposed!
Old 11th April 2017
Gear Guru

Our old Alesis HD24 drive boxes, repurposed!

Like everyone everywhere, who needs to ship CD's and cassettes and thumb drives and all the ever-changing media container formats that run our lives (although I guess I am way behind the curve, because as I understand it everyone everywhere is just uploading files), finding the exactly right cardboard box for the job is not always instantaneous-- sometimes you need to modify boxes that you've got and it turns into real arts and crafts time.

Lo/behold, what should be utterly perfect for a DVD in a case & a couple jewel boxes & and the awkwardly taped thumb-drive-to-a-strip-of-cardboard-- just the complement of what you're sending everyone as the documentation of their performance-- but an old HD24 box that the drive housings came in!

I don't mean perfect, I mean precisely engineered, slick and the ultimate in consumer friendly. Do you think I might still be able to order these, somewhere.....?......
Attached Thumbnails
Our old Alesis HD24 drive boxes, repurposed!-alesis-box-repurposed.jpg  

Last edited by joelpatterson; 11th April 2017 at 09:11 PM..
Old 11th April 2017
Lives for gear

Just call a box company and tell them the dimensions. Depending on how many you need it may justify them setting up and running you a quantity. Or they can tack them on to someone else's bigger order for cheap. Get some labels printed and make it look pro.
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

Awesome! I love stuff like this. I call it "A Good Fix."

D.
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

U-Line sells all sizes of boxes.
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear
This could have been purpose made for the job....the clear plastic lid of most of our local 1kg yoghurt pots are a perfect fit (push-on, no wobble, no escape) for a CD. Protects the readable side, and it's great to recycle/repurpose when it's such a lucky match !
Attached Thumbnails
Our old Alesis HD24 drive boxes, repurposed!-imgp0786.jpg  

Last edited by studer58; 14th April 2017 at 12:00 PM..
Old 13th April 2017
Gear Guru

Well that is just it! The CD and yogurt people and EVERYONE is colluding behind our backs!
Old 14th April 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
Well that is just it! The CD and yogurt people and EVERYONE is colluding behind our backs!
It's like the Apollo 13 movie, throw enough disparate crap together on a table, impose a time limit and some smartass will find a use for it, join the dots, save the mission, etc
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search