The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I am a gear slut...
Old 11th January 2017
  #31
Gear Nut
 

I am a gear slut

Yes, I am a GS, thankfully the wife doesn't no the depth of sluttiness (if that's a word)

Hi Harry,
Old 11th January 2017
  #32
Lives for gear
 
hbphotoav's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpro View Post
Yes, I am a GS, thankfully the wife doesn't no the depth of sluttiness (if that's a word)

Hi Harry,
Hi, David!

You have occasionally aided and abetted my sluttiness, as you well know. And, with the exception of the (now illegal to use) Motorola radios... which did their duty at the job for which they were purchased... it all still works!

Hope you have a great year...

HB

PS: PM or email me with your contact info. I tried to get to you before Christmas with no effect. Thanks!
Old 11th January 2017
  #33
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbphotoav View Post
Hi, David!

You have occasionally aided and abetted my sluttiness, as you well know. And, with the exception of the (now illegal to use) Motorola radios... which did their duty at the job for which they were purchased... it all still works!

Hope you have a great year...

HB

PS: PM or email me with your contact info. I tried to get to you before Christmas with no effect. Thanks!

So true Harry. Still have some Mojunk today, though these are much nicer radios, DMR.

Easy, drpro (at) comcast (dot)net
Old 17th January 2017
  #34
Gear Addict
 
EV676's Avatar
My name is Wally. My GS handle (ev676) is in honor of the microphone I so desperately wanted to buy when I was a high schooler in 1967. I got one 40 years later. I like microphones. I have too many. My wife likes clothes. A constant parade of UPS trucks stop at the house with merchandise from QVC. Somehow it all works out.
Old 18th January 2017
  #35
Gear Nut
 

I suffer from a related illness known as buycheaptosavemoneyonlytosellitatahugelossandbuytheexpensivethingIshould'veboughttobeginwith-itis.
Old 18th January 2017
  #36
Lives for gear
 
boojum's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
I suffer from a related illness known as buycheaptosavemoneyonlytosellitatahugelossandbuytheexpensivethingIshould'veboughttobeginwith-itis.
A lot of us have had this problem. Now we do the same thing with expensive gear.
Old 20th January 2017
  #37
Lives for gear
 
hbphotoav's Avatar
 

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by boojum View Post
A lot of us have had this problem. Now we do the same thing with expensive gear.
Yeah... instead of selling the cheap-ass mic amp for which we paid $250, for $100 and eating the $150 loss... we now sell the $2200 mic amp for $1,500 (eating the $700 loss) in order to afford the $3500 w√ľnderamp that will make all our aural dreams come true.

Works for me...



HB

...actually... i avoid the pain and embarrassment by simply not selling anything. Ever.
Old 20th January 2017
  #38
Lives for gear
 
boojum's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbphotoav View Post

...actually... i avoid the pain and embarrassment by simply not selling anything. Ever.
That has been my solution, too. Just do not admit defeat with a sale. Hang onto that stuff, " . . . just in case . . . "
Old 20th January 2017
  #39
I sold my Rollei 2.8GX 60 year anniversary.... to build my dream mike...., so I sold my Leica M6 cutaway, R7 cutaway as well.
Here I got my Blumlein stereo, true condenser mic.



Last edited by 9sbean; 20th January 2017 at 09:58 AM..
Old 20th January 2017
  #40
Lives for gear
 
just.sounds's Avatar
Looks nice, a bit like schoeps but not all the way, any details? It's my tactic nowadays. If i want new gear i have to build it myself and i can't aquire a new project unless the last is finished. Exept for good Schoeps deals
Old 20th January 2017
  #41
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sbean View Post
I sold my Rollei 2.8GX 60 year anniversary.... to build my dream mike...., so I sold my Leica M6 cutaway, R7 cutaway as well.
Here I got my Blumlein stereo, true condenser mic.
Nice finish on your stereo mic...is it a limited production run ?

In a couple of your videos there is a pair of very closely spaced mics (maybe 5 cms or so apart) in line with the piano keyboard, but further forward...on Schoeps stands. I'm wondering if this is a close Blumlein pair, perhaps a violin spot ?

These 2 videos show the mics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgV0oga4EU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2a0ScQxLQw

Very good sound on these videos too, by the way !!
Old 20th January 2017
  #42
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
Nice finish on your stereo mic...is it a limited production run ?

In a couple of your videos there is a pair of very closely spaced mics (maybe 5 cms or so apart) in line with the piano keyboard, but further forward...on Schoeps stands. I'm wondering if this is a close Blumlein pair, perhaps a violin spot ?

These 2 videos show the mics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgV0oga4EU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2a0ScQxLQw

Very good sound on these videos too, by the way !!
Thanks, still running some experiments on various products. The Blumlein stereo mic is the first product.
The closely spaced pair are 2 MK4V for violin spot (I wish I had the Blumlein done, then it will be even lower profile.). There is a pair of wide cardioid main flown. Spots are for "just in case....".
Old 21st January 2017
  #43
Quote:
Originally Posted by just.sounds View Post
Looks nice, a bit like schoeps but not all the way, any details? It's my tactic nowadays. If i want new gear i have to build it myself and i can't aquire a new project unless the last is finished. Exept for good Schoeps deals
Schoeps is one of the greatest mic, and truly faithful to their philosophy. No large diaphragm because of the highest frequency wavelength... No electronic polar pattern switch, because it is not ideal. The MK6 is a marvel piece of art. Schoeps did not offer shotgun mic until 2005, not because they don't know how to do it. It is just because it is not good enough compared with super cardioid, until they found out a way to make it good enough.

There're a lot of customer believe the larger mic, the better low frequency response. Which is certainly not true. And it may be the same reason why the large diaphragm is more welcome in the studio than small diaphragm. Although Schoeps wish to success in studio market, such as earlier microphone modelling and V4U recently, they did not make large diaphragm, and they are capable for sure.

I am a gear slutz for sure. I just want something interesting, small condenser Blumlein stereo is the first one.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 
 
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump