The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Schoeps cmts 501u...
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Schoeps cmts 501u...

Ummm, guys... there are two Schoeps cmts 501u vintage stereo mics on eBay.. never seen this mic before but I bet it is sweeeeeet!
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Jim, there was one for sale here by Norse Horse. No doubt by now he has sold it. This mic is supposed to have a good sound.
Old 9th January 2017
Very special mic. Incredible ability to pick up all the low end in your source and make it sound larger than you thought possible. Some samples floating around out there.

Edit: just saw the listing. Incredible price (if they are working). I sold my *one* mic for $3,000. I always wondering what it would be like to do spaced pair recordings with them, but I had given up on finding a second one. Hmm...
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

I own a CMTS301 which is the 12v phantom version of that microphone. NorseHorse managed to capture what is special about it. The 301 compared to the 501 is like using a CMC3 body versus a CMC5 body. The capsules are basically MK6 capsules- mechanically switchable between cardiod, omni and figure 8. I use mine as a single point drum pickup, piano solo (classical), chamber music recording and all sort of other things. The hardest issue for me is dealing with the current requirements of 12v phantom. It's pretty high and that limits the pres I can use with it. That obviously wouldn't be an issue with the mics on ebay.

--Ben
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Probably a very nice mic but probably not repairable anymore if anything would happen. Maybe contact schoeps about that.
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by just.sounds View Post
Probably a very nice mic but probably not repairable anymore if anything would happen. Maybe contact schoeps about that.
I believe that is the case with this mic. Was repairable a couple/few years back, but I'm not sure there are still parts for it around.

--Ben
Old 12th January 2017
Lives for gear

Special note about 3-Pattern Capsule repairs - includes MK6, MK26 and CMTS301/501

Please be aware that for all Schoeps 3-Pattern capsules - there is NO ESTIMATE option. If you choose to send a switchable 3-pattern capsule (e.g. MK6, MK26) or microphone with attached capsule of this type, please note it is bound by special circumstances. All of these capsules are considered "repair-attempts". Upon inspection, If Schoeps finds they are able to repair it successfully; they will proceed without the option of an estimate or choice to decline the repair and its charges. The basic cost for a successful repair can be broad and possibly cost up to 20% of the original retail price/value of the unit - not including the international freight and fees. In some cases upon inspection and opening the capsule, Schoeps will find the capsule/microphone is not repairable. At this point the unit may not even be able to be restored to the pre-repair condition and will be returned as parts. If this occurs Schoeps does not bill for this but you will still be responsible for the international freight and fees we incur. Please Read before sending
Old 6th August 2017
Here for the gear
I'm searching for one of these

One of our 501s is now beyond repair and I'm searching for one that is in good condition. There's one on ebay, but it already has a polar pattern problem.

Anyone willing to sell me one?
Old 6th August 2017
Gear Head

I have two Cmts 501 for sale. Got the very last set of rings ( patterns) from Schoeps factory. One 501 has been serviced few weeks ago with brand new rings and second 501 will be soon. Working great + great sounding. Both mics are for sale. PM if interested.
Old 7th August 2017
Here for the gear
Great! Sent you a PM.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search