The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , , ,

The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...
Old 15th October 2002
Super Moderator

Talking The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but...

Let's see your rigs, gigs and sets. For that matter, seeing some nice gearage now and then is a good thing...
So lay it on us folks!! It's all good. All are welcomed to participate.

It's gonna be pretty boring if I'm the only one posting pics.

Here's one of the sets from the Panasonic Jazz DVD shoots awhile back... Can you pick out the mics in the shot?
Attached Thumbnails
The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-dmtv08bandgear.jpg  
Old 15th October 2002
Super Moderator

Got some Fuel? We're Fueling in the mobile unit after the soundcheck....

Sixteen compressors and 28 gates live in the front ceiling rack alone.

The rest of the equipment is available, as per the client or engineer's needs. Audio a la carte....

If you're feeling like a PT day, a PT day it is... What about 2"? Doesn't it "suck"? No, no way, make it your day. DA*8HR's, DA*8's, MX2424's, whatever it takes to keep it flexible.
Attached Thumbnails
The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-fuelsr.jpg  
Old 17th October 2002
Gear maniac

Below is a pick of a rig I racked up to track an album at a local "warehouse" type studio that usually does indie-rock type gigs. I was doing a jazz 3-piece and just needed to bring the bare bones tracking rig similar to a remote.

Can anyone pick out all the rack gear? Bonus points to anyone who can pick out what the little silver box on top of the telefunken lunchbox is.
Attached Thumbnails
The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-jayrack.jpeg  
Old 19th October 2002
Gear interested

Jason,

Can't really tell from the picture, but I am gonna guess the lunchbox are modified
Tele V70 series Mic Pres??? (picture is fuzzy on my end).

I also see a Drawmer...
Old 19th October 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

Damn! I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later! I'll have to borrow my friend's digital camera. When you see the pics you'll notice too much empty rackspace. I like to tell people that it's for airflow, but I know better. grudge
Old 19th October 2002
Lives for gear

Grace Lunatec V2 and Ecocharge?

Maybe?.......:eek:
Old 19th October 2002
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamurah
Grace Lunatec V2 and Ecocharge?

Maybe?.......:eek:
Bingo!

and as for the lunchbox, those are the telefunken v-276's

check out the "shoot-out" thread for upcoming preamp results...
Old 19th October 2002
Cool cat guesses right first time!

Old 22nd October 2002
Gear interested

Cool

I am attaching this photo of my basement studio control room.

Attached Images

Old 22nd October 2002
Gear interested

Here is the C7 Fll in the tracking room of my "Basement Studio". BTW, the piano is now for sale. Any interest?
Attached Images

Old 23rd October 2002
Gear maniac

how about getting carried away with some artist's tape and looking thru a mic array like this:
Attached Thumbnails
The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-mic-array.jpeg  
Old 23rd October 2002
Gear Addict

Dr Gadget say :
Quote:
Here is the C7 Fll in the tracking room of my "Basement Studio". BTW, the piano is now for sale. Any interest?
I'm interested - email me the price. Unfortunately I live far far away. But I've got a big enough truck !
yuktyy

What I really want is a C7 with diskclavier!
Old 23rd October 2002
Lives for gear

drgadget. Might also interest in the piano. Please email me specifics as well. How big is that room?
Old 25th October 2002
The Wildplum remote rig configured to record legendary folksinger Eric Andersen at the Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse in Berkeley, CA in 2000. The DA38s have become DA 78HRs. I need a new photo.
Attached Thumbnails
The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-wprig.jpg  
Old 25th October 2002
GMW
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally posted by remoteness
Here's one of the sets from the Panasonic Jazz DVD shoots awhile back... Can you pick out the mics in the shot?
Nice looking set-up. Was it shot in uptown Manhattan by any chance? I hear there is a really good studio there.
Old 25th October 2002
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GMW

Nice looking set-up. Was it shot in uptown Manhattan by any chance? I hear there is a really good studio there.

Oh yes,

Metropolis Studios is my favorite all digital teleproduction facility! Great people, great sound stage!

I wish I did more stuff there.
Old 25th October 2002
GMW
Gear interested

So do we Steve, So do we.
Old 26th October 2002
Gear interested

Steve,
I've been a professional lurker on these boards for quite some time, and wanted to say thanks for your forum. It's kept my attention for the entire month. Glad to see you'll be staying around for a while.
We did a gig last weekend at a quaint little church here in the bible belt. The Charlotte Philharmonic Orchestra did a concert with an outstanding violinits. We took our regular 16 track "pops" type rig even though this show was far more "classical" oriented.
I used a Royer SF-12 up front in to a John Hardy pre. That turned out to be a great combination. Other mics for spot placements were some KM-84's, U-89's, 4050's and so forth. The recording turned out great. We spent the last few days mixing it and should have a disc ready for sale in a couple of weeks.
Marc McManeus
SoundPost Productions, LLC
Old 26th October 2002
Super Moderator

Marc,

Thanks for checking the board. We need more live recording & location production people like yourself around these parts. I'm happy to hear your attention was kept for the entire month. Now we got to keep your attention 'til the end of the year!

Hey, you got some really nice toys, comps, pre's, etc. Very strong!

Marc, check your Gearslutz mail box, I sent you an important message.

I'm happy to be staying around, but I cannot do it without people like yourself. Keep the posts coming and tell all your friends!

Thanks again for the kind words and for your contribution to this forum.
Old 28th October 2002
High End Moderator

Hope it's not limited to remote rigs.

Here is the rear rack at WireWorld, most recent picture, probably looks different again next week heh excuse the mess:

Old 28th October 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener
Hope it's not limited to remote rigs.

Here is the rear rack at WireWorld, most recent picture, probably looks different again next week heh excuse the mess:

you SLUT
Old 28th October 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by C.Lambrechts

you SLUT
Thank you, I'm honored heh
Old 28th October 2002
Lives for gear

Hey Michael, I see you have a MOFX in the rack. I love that thing...best 99 bucks I ever spent...z
Old 5th November 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by cajonezzz
Hey Michael, I see you have a MOFX in the rack. I love that thing...best 99 bucks I ever spent...z
99 bucks is a good deal on that one. Does yours distort when used on a bass in flange only mode?
Old 5th November 2002
Gear maniac

Micheal,

One day you just might work your way to a pro rig.

YIKES!heh
Old 6th November 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RSMITH123
Micheal,

One day you just might work your way to a pro rig.

YIKES!heh
I know, it took me 25 years to get to this first level, maybe I should just move into Fletcher's showroom heh
Old 7th November 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener

99 bucks is a good deal on that one. Does yours distort when used on a bass in flange only mode?
I'll check that tonite and let you know.... I wouldn't be suprised if it did.

I pretty regularly set up the ****tiest mic i can find (last one was a Bullet, the funky harmonica mic..) and print mono drums right through the mofx, distorted and no hi eq passed.... lot's of fun as loop fodder behind the traks.

Another thread mentioned that Electrix was dead in the water, I'm gonna search out the Filter Factory and eq killer (for cheap) I think these little boxes will become somewhat of a collectors item in years to come....

oh yeah ....pics of the new truck and mobile rig to follow.

Michael W, are you using the ADAM monitors all around now? Happy with em?
Old 7th November 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by cajonezzz
. . . Michael W, are you using the ADAM monitors all around now? Happy with em?
Yes, except for the sub. I'm running five S3As and a M&K 5410 sub via a LFE-4 bassmanagement. And yes, I am extremely happy with the ADAMS, mixes go faster and translate 100% to the outside world. Even though the volume is absolutely loud enough for mixing, in stereo they are just barely loud enough to do guitar overdubs in the control room (depending on the guitar player) but 5 of them kick major butt. We'll finally get a lottery now in Nashville, so I'm looking forward to a pair of S5As. heh
Old 7th November 2002
Gear maniac

Micheal,
I am am missing something here, forgive miy ignorance. It looks like you have a rack of multiple patch bays. What kind are they?
Old 7th November 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RSMITH123
Micheal,
I am am missing something here, forgive miy ignorance. It looks like you have a rack of multiple patch bays. What kind are they?
They are 14 TRS (balanced 1/4", 2 rows of 24 points) bays from various manufacturers for the analog side of the studio. The digital patches are going through a Z-sys 64X64 AES bay.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search