The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , , ,

The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...
Old 3rd June 2015
Lives for gear

Not sure yet, but I will let you know when I know.

Thanks for listening guys :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
Shazam! Nicely done! When's the album being released, what formats, and how can I buy a copy?
Old 3rd June 2015
Old 4th June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by king2070lplaya View Post
Ask and ye shall receive.

Here's "Just Friends".

Next month we will be tracking the bulk of the charts written for these sessions that were never recorded by Parker, for an upcoming album. Very exciting stuff!
Nice strings.
Old 6th June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfarber View Post
Okay, I guess I forgot to do this. This is just a rough mix. There is no vocal on here yet.

It is suppose to be a swinging version of Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely".

The bit where you don't hear a melody or a solo is where the singer will be.
Whatever happened to this record?

Where can we hear it? Was it ever finished?

u47u67u87
Old 7th June 2015
Lives for gear

Old 19th June 2015
Lives for gear
AB stereo bar made from 2 selfie sticks

Being a DIY sort of guy, I found a use for 2 of the telescopic "selfie sticks" you can buy cheaply these days. Instead of using them to take and post inane pics of self on Facebook, why not make an infinitely adjustable AB stereo bar instead !

I had a Chinese copy of a Manfrotto Dado half-sphere (the red object supporting the 2 arms) and with the use of a few thread adapters I was able to screw the selfie sticks into the Dado ball, attach another 3/8 to 5/8 adapter underneath to attach it to a mic stand.

Because the selfie stick uses typical camera 1/4" thread for the ends, I found some 1/4 to 3/8 adapter bushes to allow me to fit the Rycote supports. The pictures tell the rest of the story.

Good points:
* infinitely variable size, because of the telescopic (like car radio antenna) segments you can pull out exactly as much as you require to provide your desired AB dimensions (no more long bar required even if you want a short one)
* cheap, easy to make, lightweight, ends have adjustment via finger clamp and thumbwheel to point your mic where required, can be dismantled for transporting, maximum extension is 1.7 metres ! You could even add a 3rd stick out front and made a Decca Tree (the easy variability of lengths lends itself to Decca Tree experimentation, and it's lighter than most all other commercial Tree designs )!

Bad points: as made, the minimum width is 50cm, which may be a little too wide...I'm planning to perhaps shorten it to give me a 35 cm minimum width
At full stretch (1.7 metres) the ends sag a little...but most folks wouldn't require such extreme width ?

OK, now for some photos....
Attached Thumbnails
The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-imgp0502.jpg   The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-imgp0503.jpg   The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-imgp0504.jpg   The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-imgp0505.jpg  
Old 19th June 2015
Lives for gear
AB bar with selfie sticks...contd

more pics to illustrate the concept.....
Attached Thumbnails
The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-imgp0508.jpg   The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-imgp0510.jpg   The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-imgp0506.jpg   The Show & Tell Thread for the Remotester in us all...-imgp0507.jpg  
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search