The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rode's Faulkner mics
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A quick check of the Rode website doesn't show this "modern M50" mic this thread is about. Is it actually going to ship? Have they even named it yet? Status update please. Anyone?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
A quick check of the Rode website doesn't show this "modern M50" mic this thread is about. Is it actually going to ship? Have they even named it yet? Status update please. Anyone?
I'd love to know this too. AFAIK the new mic is called the TFM-50.

Rode posted this on Twitter on March 28 of this year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rodemics on Twitter
Mics like the TFM50 take a lot of development. They’ll be out when they’re up to the standard you expect!
-Mike
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
The regular NT-5 omnis, as outrigger pair to a centre AB pair of KM183, a bit of lighting buzz apparent in the quieter passages, a CM3 as violin spot (perhaps overly spotlit)....a familiar piece from Camille Saint-Saëns
Nice recording, although it's somewhat difficult (for an outsider) to know how much 'Røde sound' there is in this - but the CM3 seems very capable as spot mic for violin ;-> Is this without eq?

::
Mads
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
Nice recording, although it's somewhat difficult (for an outsider) to know how much 'Røde sound' there is in this - but the CM3 seems very capable as spot mic for violin ;-> Is this without eq?

::
Mads
Yes without eq, although with 4 omni mics across the front I rolled off below 30Hz on the outriggers to prevent a surfeit of traffic rumble and general omni 'floom/bloom' of the low end.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
I thought there should be more separation between violin and orchestra, but that may have been the soloists instrument and/or playing rather than the mic. I also thought I heard someone speaking or making noises at one point. was that the conductor? Can't take 'em anywhere!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search