The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rode's Faulkner mics Condenser Microphones
Old 4th July 2017
Lives for gear

A quick check of the Rode website doesn't show this "modern M50" mic this thread is about. Is it actually going to ship? Have they even named it yet? Status update please. Anyone?
Old 5th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
A quick check of the Rode website doesn't show this "modern M50" mic this thread is about. Is it actually going to ship? Have they even named it yet? Status update please. Anyone?
I'd love to know this too. AFAIK the new mic is called the TFM-50.

Rode posted this on Twitter on March 28 of this year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rodemics on Twitter
Mics like the TFM50 take a lot of development. They’ll be out when they’re up to the standard you expect!
-Mike
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
The regular NT-5 omnis, as outrigger pair to a centre AB pair of KM183, a bit of lighting buzz apparent in the quieter passages, a CM3 as violin spot (perhaps overly spotlit)....a familiar piece from Camille Saint-Saëns
Nice recording, although it's somewhat difficult (for an outsider) to know how much 'Røde sound' there is in this - but the CM3 seems very capable as spot mic for violin ;-> Is this without eq?

::
Mads
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
Nice recording, although it's somewhat difficult (for an outsider) to know how much 'Røde sound' there is in this - but the CM3 seems very capable as spot mic for violin ;-> Is this without eq?

::
Mads
Yes without eq, although with 4 omni mics across the front I rolled off below 30Hz on the outriggers to prevent a surfeit of traffic rumble and general omni 'floom/bloom' of the low end.
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Nut
I thought there should be more separation between violin and orchestra, but that may have been the soloists instrument and/or playing rather than the mic. I also thought I heard someone speaking or making noises at one point. was that the conductor? Can't take 'em anywhere!
Old 19th August 2017
Lives for gear

any price info now? In USD.

Thanks.
Old 19th August 2017
Lives for gear
Attached Thumbnails
Rode's Faulkner mics-soundelux-bock-copy-m50.jpg  

Last edited by studer58; 19th August 2017 at 08:09 AM..
Old 19th August 2017
Gear Maniac

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
What's your point in posting those two links?

Many retailers have had place holder pages for the TFM50 since these mics were announced. There's no pricing or availability info on those pages, so what's the point?
At the risk of annoying you again, here's a lengthy background video on the making of the TFM50. What's my point this time, apart from repeat annoyance ?

It gives some insight into construction and philosophy behind the power supply (bad news if you're intent on a Decca Tree arrangement), the capsule, protective screen and transformer. Also, the announcement of the NT49 variable pattern mic, using several of the same design innovations**. No release date, so I'm guessing 2018 ?

If all you want is a firm release date, just pass on by to the next thread.....

https://vimeo.com/199946849

**....almost forgot, also details on the valve powered NTRV Ribbon mic....
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Just found this TFM50 thread. I came back to GS a month or so ago after a very long absence, so I’m not across what’s been going on and missed this thread when it first started.

That’s me in the Rode video interview with the great Tony Faulkner. I apologise for some of the inaccuracies in that video, I’d woken very early in the morning to get to the Sydney Opera House to follow the set up after a very late night at a jazz club. With set ups and rehearsals/soundchecks being what they are, Tony wasn’t ready for interviewing until late afternoon, at which point the coffee was not working any more and brain was fried. I watched it for the first time a moment ago; it’s much better than I thought it would be. However, I did an expanded print version of the interview a short time later and added a lot more stuff taken from Tony via email (along with some fact-checking of stuff I got wrong on the day of the interview, ahem). You can find it here:

Stereo Masterclass | AudioTechnology Magazine
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Simmo- great article ! Thanks.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search