The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Particle is a granular delay / pitch shifting pedal. It chops your signal into small grains and then does various strange, trippy, robot things to it, using the techniques of granular synthesis in real time. Results range from radical pitch and delay modulation to shimmering repeats to stutter/glitch sounds. Made in USA. Requires a 9V 100 mA center negative power supply (does not take batteries). Features: 3 pitch modes: detune, density, LFO 5 delay modes: random, density, LFO, random pitch, reverse Adjustable grain size Pitch shift +/- 1 octave, depending on mode Delay 0-900 ms, depending on mode Feedback Auto-freeze/stutter with adjustable threshold True bypass switching

Discussions

Long-lost Gearslutz thread found dating from the mid 1980's

...them on at a profit D. They come with a free wooden box Which runs faster? A. ¼" Tape B. ½" Tape C. Higgs-Bosun Particle D. 33 1/3 rpm Which sounds better? A. Hardware B. Firmware C. Software D. Underwear How much have you spent on gear in the last year? A. $0 - $1 B. $1,000 - $100,000 C. Life savings D. Ex-wife's life savings How many uses can be...

View Post

Waldorf Quantum

I think that this could hypothetically be remedied by limiting the granular and particle oscillators to be FM modulation sources, and only allowing the VA and wavetable oscillators to be FM modulation destinations. This alone would make me very happy.

View Post

JD-Xa - Roland asks "cool or not?" You decide! [ POLL ]

Just saw the top of this comment and thought I'd point out that the JP8000 is becoming extinct. (If anyone cares) RARELY, will you see one for sale without serious mechanical issues, I am also aware of two different people who have "scrapped" their JP8000, as the maintenance issues became numerous and finally catastrophic. To compare,...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides