Punching in when tracking?
Old 25th August 2013
Gear Head

Punching in when tracking?

hey! i've had trouble with punching in when recording before, and usually the part I punch in doesn't sound the same as the vocals before it...I was recording this and I punched in at the part where it say "...tryna get a deal, making bubble gum rap ain't nobody 'gon feel" I was wondering if you can tell that I punched in at that part? is it noticeable? please let me know!
Attached Files
Sample Vocal.mp3 (198.4 KB, 75 views)
Old 25th August 2013
Lives for gear

I've heard worse
Old 25th August 2013
Gear maniac

Nah bro usually when I punch dudes in during a recording they don't even want to rap anymore.

Sent from my DROID X2
Old 25th August 2013
Lives for gear

bro your good... ur over thinking it... sounds like an adlib to me... even if.. its an easy fix... just gotta perfect what your doing to taste. thats all it is. If its wrong to you get better
Old 25th August 2013
E_V_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennaOkoye View Post
I've heard worse
On commercial recordings! Chalk this one up to over thinking!
Old 25th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noidea. View Post
On commercial recordings! Chalk this one up to over thinking!
+1

Just focus on the feeling of the record rather than the mechanics... you don't want to strangle your art
Old 25th August 2013
Where was the punch in? Sounds fine.
Old 25th August 2013
Gear interested

Sounds good to me....YOU probably hear the punch in because YOU know you punched in. Don't know if u do it or not (didn't really sound like you have a problem) but when I record people I have them record back a bar or two before the punch in (rapping with the playback) on a separate track then cut out what I don't need and comp the two tracks. Never could tell we punched in
Old 25th August 2013
Lives for gear

I tell artist to start on the line before and keep going. Then I cut and mute what's not needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 25th August 2013
If any punch can't be made to sound good with moving the edit point & cross fades, start a new track and let the vox overlap.

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search