The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone in LA area no anyone good with making custom studio desks? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 29th July 2012
Lives for gear

Anyone in LA area no anyone good with making custom studio desks?

Hi Guys trying to find a good carpenter preferably with some experience making studio workdesks. I had a couple of guys but they turned out to be real cowboys and thats a whole other story in itself. So if anyone can recommend some whos good with wood with or without studio experience that be much appreciated. Someone who takes pride in their work and treats their customers with respect. lol.

Thanks!
Old 31st July 2012
Lives for gear

Bump
Old 31st July 2012
kk audio
Old 31st July 2012
Lives for gear

cheers ill give them a call even anyone knows anyone else please let me know. any freelance guys lookin for work etc. thanks again!
Old 5th August 2012
Gear nut

Diy dude! Check out my thread on my diy desk im not a carpenter but when you diy you get exactly what you want
Old 6th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel G View Post
Diy dude! Check out my thread on my diy desk im not a carpenter but when you diy you get exactly what you want
very true, and you wont get robbed of your deposit like i just did. Only thing is im not very handy. I might have seen your thread in the past, can u link me to it please. Thanks
Old 9th August 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realziment View Post
very true, and you wont get robbed of your deposit like i just did. Only thing is im not very handy. I might have seen your thread in the past, can u link me to it please. Thanks
Nbhttps://www.gearslutz.com/board/studi...-diy-desk.html
Old 9th August 2012
Any proper trim carpenter/cabinet maker could do. Especially with plans given...
Old 10th August 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoLeoLeo View Post
Any proper trim carpenter/cabinet maker could do. Especially with plans given...
Made mine without any carpentry experience.. Some good vids on youtube.. Mine is solid and i dont think a car could move it lol
Old 13th August 2012
Lives for gear

Old 13th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoLeoLeo View Post
Yea ive been trying to find one for ages someone decent and not over the top with their pricing.
Old 14th August 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesEdward View Post
kk audio
yup. these guys do good work.
Old 28th November 2012
Lives for gear

Guys I just wanted to let you all know, i finally found somebody who has far by exceeded my expectations for what i was looking for.. After a bad experience with guys taking a deposit and never coming back. Months later after searching and searching before. this guy popped up..

http://www.azstudioworkstations.com/

Now hold up, while the pics on the website do look very good, these do no justice at all for the reality of how good this guys work is.. I had a custom job. pictures to follow below.. He mad the base with acoustically sound panels, the same as sterling modular, his finish had the sleek look and quality if not better than the known brands (am i allowed mention names of other brands?) . His price was way and i mean way more fair than any other company i contacted and I contacted them all trust me. In fact i still cant belive how fair he was.

I am raving about this guy because he has made this business as his passion is in music. he was doing custom furniture for rich people for 30 years i believe. Its rare you come across someone so passionate, and so detailed. The job he done for me would of been 4-5 times the price with a recognized brand. And i could almost bet the quality would not be on par. this is a guy who loves his work, and he was delighted at the chance to make something to my specification and he excelled.

Anyone considering custom work needs to check this guy out he is so friendly he even delivered and installed the desk and told me if i need any help moving it in the future he would. Im going to upload pics now, the room is not finished and pics are not great but at least you can get an an idea and see real craftmanship still exists, but like i said the pictures do this no justice.

My desk included an iso booth with removable sheling. A pull out for a 61 key controller keyboard, a pull out for my microKorg. A left side pull out for a secondary computer keyboard. rack space to beat the band.. the stand poles are for my krk, those of you see these are not in ideal mix postion, the ns 10s are, the krks are secondary and i usually use for production to add a little bounce so thats why they are placed there.

The back has perfect racking for cables etc and every detail was thought of and covered, everything i forgot was there when it arrived finished. Solid ash and black melamine are the materials i opted for.

Check it out. i just placed a few pieces in so i could get an idea of how it looked. he even has these USB rack mad in ash which are beautiful looking he engraved my name on mine..

Sorry for ranting on but im very happy and as i appreciate customer service, this was just that but at its best!

Pics not showing up using IMG tag thing,? links below..

844yz.jpg at Free Image Hosting

e8e47.jpg at Free Image Hosting

1jikd.jpg at Free Image Hosting
Old 29th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesEdward View Post
kk audio
i second this, i have a workstation and the quality is second to none
Old 29th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
i second this, i have a workstation and the quality is second to none
Work in many studios using kk, while they are fine desks, they dont even compare to the guy i mentioned aboves custom work.. and the price, you probably would not believe the difference.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search