The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who uses Sony Acid Pro ?
Old 29th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsh333 View Post
Just firing up Acid Pro 3 now alongside Ableton 9.7.

Ableton is far superior now with its looping, warp markers and FX, but there is something about Acid Pro that sounds different, almost 'tighter' and a bit bassier? (great for lofi dance music loops)

So I'm thinking as a test (or moving forward) for my Dance Music projects, to do all the filters, audio, fx etc in Ableton and then export each track as the end to mix in Acid when its 95% done. Just to see if the older sound of Acid 3.0 has something to give..

The vogue sound at the moment is for a punchier deep sound, thats not crystal clear 24-bit, so might try this and use the simplicity of Acid (v3) as a mixdown recorder?
I don't recall, is Acid Pro 3 limited to 16 bit? That could be the cause of why you like the sound more. Now, it doesn't really matter what software you use, it all sounds the same but at that point in time, I really could hear a difference between some software, not all, I wish I had saved an old PC from 2005ish where I had finally acquired all the software I needed to be useful and just saved it for a vintage machine.

May have to try Acid Pro again, moved so many times, I don't know where my disks are.
Old 29th August 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Degree View Post
I don't recall, is Acid Pro 3 limited to 16 bit? That could be the cause of why you like the sound more. Now, it doesn't really matter what software you use, it all sounds the same but at that point in time, I really could hear a difference between some software, not all, I wish I had saved an old PC from 2005ish where I had finally acquired all the software I needed to be useful and just saved it for a vintage machine.

May have to try Acid Pro again, moved so many times, I don't know where my disks are.
Yes Acid Pro 3 is limited to 16-bit which is fine and yes maybe why it sounds like it does. I just export from Ableton in 16bit and drag the files into Acid Pro and use SoundForge as an editor to make edits

I used to use it on a PII machine with 128mb RAM and it ran fine on W98SE back in 2000!

I wish I'd stuck with that machine too sometimes, when updates, drivers etc are all not working!
Old 5th September 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by flsh333 View Post
Just firing up Acid Pro 3 now alongside Ableton 9.7.

Ableton is far superior now with its looping, warp markers and FX, but there is something about Acid Pro that sounds different, almost 'tighter' and a bit bassier? (great for lofi dance music loops)

So I'm thinking as a test (or moving forward) for my Dance Music projects, to do all the filters, audio, fx etc in Ableton and then export each track as the end to mix in Acid when its 95% done. Just to see if the older sound of Acid 3.0 has something to give..

The vogue sound at the moment is for a punchier deep sound, thats not crystal clear 24-bit, so might try this and use the simplicity of Acid (v3) as a mixdown recorder?

sounds like a good idea.....let us know how you get on!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Can't believe they're bringing Acid back for version 8. Unbelievable. I've since moved on to Logic Pro but I'll definitely give 8 a chance when it comes out.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielkov86 View Post
Can't believe they're bringing Acid back for version 8. Unbelievable. I've since moved on to Logic Pro but I'll definitely give 8 a chance when it comes out.

SAY WHAAAAAT!!!! Since when?

Did you hear this from an official source?
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielkov86 View Post
Magix bought Acid and other software from Sony earlier this year. They've already stated publicly that they're working on an Acid Pro 8.

Sony have sold ACID, Sound Forge, more to MAGIX - CDM Create Digital Music

Yes I'm aware of MAGIX purchasing the program, but I haven't seen any official announcements of them releasing a new version anytime soon.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Yes I'm aware of MAGIX purchasing the program, but I haven't seen any official announcements of them releasing a new version anytime soon.
They said it on their Twitter, if I remember correctly.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hi Dan! We are working on a new version. Stay tuned here or on Facebook for updates! <a href="https://t.co/uaqJxkoObw">https://t.co/uaqJxkoObw</a></p>&mdash; MAGIX International (@MAGIX_INT) <a href="https://twitter.com/MAGIX_INT/status/861536015114174468?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

^^^ Well if that's the case....then, they have a lot of catching up to do.

But in the least scenario if they could release a 64-bit version of Acid Pro 7, I'll be a very happy man!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search