The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The OFFICIAL "Please Check Out My Mix/ Music" Thread
Old 17th February 2017
Great stuff, everyone...

This song is my baby right here... Made 4 years ago at age 23 - the kid was mighty and strong!

"Every Wound" - featured as an attachment. Enjoy, and thanks, everybody!

Important to note this song was mixed by someone else named DeeSkee, I hadn't yet dove into engineering at that time.
Attached Files

03 Every Wound (Tells A Story).mp3 (5.89 MB, 765 views)

Old 21st February 2017
Gear Maniac

Old 23rd February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Vigilanti View Post
Here's a beat I made and mixed in 2013. Few things I would do differently if I mixed it again, bring the guitar up in some spots and some other things. But I'm going to be alright.

ETA:

What I really need help on is the marketing and promotion, but I'm getting that figured out one day at a time.

ETA #2 :

I'm going to put some Rap Rap Rap RapRapRap, over my new beats I'm making. Maybe one day people will decide to clearly communicate what their intentions are and their actions will reflect that they truly intend to help me.
Great job, I am intrigued and provoked by this beat! Excellent. Great mixing, too, btw - feels professional and also like it could be a dope track in a dope movie.
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Elliott View Post
Great job, I am intrigued and provoked by this beat! Excellent. Great mixing, too, btw - feels professional and also like it could be a dope track in a dope movie.
Thanks.

It hasn't been placed yet and I'm not going to write anything to it so it's still up for grabs.
Old 1st March 2017
Old 5th March 2017
Gear Head

Waddup GS!

This is a song I made a while back. Produced, recorded, and mixed by myself. All constructive feedback is appreciated.

Old 15th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi guys, I appreciate if you listen to my track and give me honest opinion about my mix mastering,
I have not been in the mix mastering game till recently.
Any changes (balances, effects, mastering) you may think necessary.

I also hear some sort of glitching sound around 2:17 (It is so weird because It only happens on Soundcloud sometimes not all the times), I checked the mix, it is just fine

Thank you
Attached Files

Young & Crazy.mp3 (7.37 MB, 448 views)

Old 16th March 2017
Lives for gear

Track I produced, group I might start working with (one rapper on this track.)
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

I did a remix for The Funk Hunters & Chali 2na - WORD TO SPREAD feat. Tom Thum.
Any feedback is appreciated.
https://skiomusic.com/r/X0T
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Addict

Here's the latest track I have mixed down with an artist I am working with Rei.
Written in Logic and then we made sure every track went through outboard analog gear.
Tried a new combo on the vocals for this one - Manley Ref C into Manley Voxbox for tracking, then analog mix chain for vocals was Manley Slam (FET comp parallel), Neve 1084 clone, Manley Massive Passive, SPL Vitalizer, Manley Vari Mu.
We ran through a big selection of EQ options to get the vocal sound we wanted and found the bite of the Neve style coupled with the smoothness of the Massive seemed to work best. Reverbs were Lexicon plugins and a bit of Valhalla Shimmer.
Drums were Speck ASC into API 7600 channel strips, which is generally my favorite go to combo.
Like very track it's always an adventure and series of guesses and experiments until you are happy to send it out to the world.
Any critiques etc always appreciated.
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear
Sup yall!

Old 20th March 2017
Gear Maniac

The truth is no one give you any feedback on this thread, I posted at least 10 comments on other mixes still got nothing on mine
Old 21st March 2017
Gear Maniac
Guys can you pleeeease check this mix I need some feedback please! Im desperate dont have no friends interested in mixing -_-
Attached Files

feb 22 V2.mp3 (6.87 MB, 398 views)

Old 21st March 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikamy View Post
The truth is no one give you any feedback on this thread, I posted at least 10 comments on other mixes still got nothing on mine
Somehow I found myself on this thread and even though there is a proviso at the start of this thread mentioning if no one comments on your mixes to go away and do more, I feel I needed to reply to your plea. Remember, this is my opinion and is only relevant if it resonates with you, other than that it's meaningless, especially as I have very little experience in this style of music.

The balance of sounds across the frequency range sounds good, I like the simplicity of the melodies, but sadly I can't hear what the woman is saying, sounds like something about rejection? It's called Young and Crazy, but everything sounds far too safe to me, it all sounds nice and lacks youthful energy (as in sounds coming in ahead of the beat, pressing to be heard first). After the intro I was waiting for the menace to cut in, the crazy. Like I said, I don't listen to this type of music much so that could be cliché, but I just wanted to hear a low mid distortion introduced to the bass after the intro.

If your piece is meant to be the complete antithesis of your title then you have succeeded and I think it works perfectly as it is. I'm sorry if any of my comments are unhelpful to you, I wish you every success.
Old 21st March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinduke View Post
Somehow I found myself on this thread and even though there is a proviso at the start of this thread mentioning if no one comments on your mixes to go away and do more, I feel I needed to reply to your plea. Remember, this is my opinion and is only relevant if it resonates with you, other than that it's meaningless, especially as I have very little experience in this style of music.

The balance of sounds across the frequency range sounds good, I like the simplicity of the melodies, but sadly I can't hear what the woman is saying, sounds like something about rejection? It's called Young and Crazy, but everything sounds far too safe to me, it all sounds nice and lacks youthful energy (as in sounds coming in ahead of the beat, pressing to be heard first). After the intro I was waiting for the menace to cut in, the crazy. Like I said, I don't listen to this type of music much so that could be cliché, but I just wanted to hear a low mid distortion introduced to the bass after the intro.

If your piece is meant to be the complete antithesis of your title then you have succeeded and I think it works perfectly as it is. I'm sorry if any of my comments are unhelpful to you, I wish you every success.
Thank you for your input , I remixed and remastered the track,
I felt it was not loud enough , so I cut a little SUB and bring the level UP

with a sample vocal I tested It can hit -10.5 LUFS wich is pretty competitive,
but It took lots of compression even a little clipping .

the name I choose usually comes from the lyrics I write on the songs
Usually I write both topline and lyrics with my Instrumentals 90% of the time,

This a Pop / R&B song although it may look like Rap.

If you have any track I will be glad to listen and give you feedback.

Attached Files
Old 22nd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi guys, I appreciate if you listen to my track and give me honest opinion about my mix mastering,
I have not been in the mix mastering game till recently.
Any changes (balances, effects, mastering) you may think necessary.

I also hear some sort of glitching sound around 2:17 (It is so weird because It only happens on Soundcloud sometimes not all the times), I checked the mix, it is just fine

Thank you
Someone else (just above) mentioned that they liked the melodic elements, but felt the overall production was a little 'safe'.

I agree on both counts. Unlike a lot of stuff posted on here, it sounds like there are some strong melodic elements happening in the track, but ... the drums lack attitude.

[EDIT: I see from a later post of yours that the song is intended as pop/R&B. The rest of my comment was written on the basis that this is a hip-hop forum. So it may all be irrelevant!)

I appreciate that a lot of this comes down to taste, and that there is no single 'hip hop drums' sound - despite what all the sample libraries try to tell/sell you!. But, within the range of what you might find in a hip hop track, the kick (especially), snare and clap/snap all sound rather too clean, and like they're straight out of a drum-machine sample library - and NOT one that's been sampled through anything crunchy! The kick , sound especially, it much more EDM than hip-hop.

Also, the kick drum pattern itself lacks the kind of menace (I think someone mentioned that word) that would be so easy to accomplish at this tempo, and with this arrangement. It's a combination of the fact that you have the kick on the 1/16th note before the 2 (very much a pop thing), as well has having it on both the 1 and the 3, as opposed to - just as a for instance - having it on 1, and on the upbeat between 3 and 4, but not having it on the downbeat of 3. Or anything else that leaves more room for it to lurk, and breathe. (Shifting this around so that you have a 2, or better yet, 4 bar kick pattern would also be an idea.)

As a starting point, I'd always have a few classic hip-hop tracks for reference - though which era, and how you define 'classic' is up to you. (I'm kind of stuck here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQusajydaqU.) But, to my ears at least, this track doesn't currently sound like it has deep roots to the hip-hop tradition.
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen L T View Post
Someone else (just above) mentioned that they liked the melodic elements, but felt the overall production was a little 'safe'.

I agree on both counts. Unlike a lot of stuff posted on here, it sounds like there are some strong melodic elements happening in the track, but ... the drums lack attitude.

[EDIT: I see from a later post of yours that the song is intended as pop/R&B. The rest of my comment was written on the basis that this is a hip-hop forum. So it may all be irrelevant!)

I appreciate that a lot of this comes down to taste, and that there is no single 'hip hop drums' sound - despite what all the sample libraries try to tell/sell you!. But, within the range of what you might find in a hip hop track, the kick (especially), snare and clap/snap all sound rather too clean, and like they're straight out of a drum-machine sample library - and NOT one that's been sampled through anything crunchy! The kick , sound especially, it much more EDM than hip-hop.

Also, the kick drum pattern itself lacks the kind of menace (I think someone mentioned that word) that would be so easy to accomplish at this tempo, and with this arrangement. It's a combination of the fact that you have the kick on the 1/16th note before the 2 (very much a pop thing), as well has having it on both the 1 and the 3, as opposed to - just as a for instance - having it on 1, and on the upbeat between 3 and 4, but not having it on the downbeat of 3. Or anything else that leaves more room for it to lurk, and breathe. (Shifting this around so that you have a 2, or better yet, 4 bar kick pattern would also be an idea.)

As a starting point, I'd always have a few classic hip-hop tracks for reference - though which era, and how you define 'classic' is up to you. (I'm kind of stuck here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQusajydaqU.) But, to my ears at least, this track doesn't currently sound like it has deep roots to the hip-hop tradition.
Thank you dear Owen for you valuable comments,
I will try different pattern and different kick samples.
I think too much focus on loudness and controlling dynamics distract me

If you noticed I updated the track on this forum couple of minutes ago
I remixed and remastered it,

this is the original track

and this is the topline,

https://soundcloud.com/ikamy/young_c...opline/s-oNsKR
Old 25th March 2017
Gear Maniac

My new instrumental (hip hop / rap)

I will be glad to know your opinion

Attached Files
Old 25th March 2017
Here for the gear

Wow man, this rap is fantastic. You need to get this song more exposure. Your words are very deep and relatable to many. The mix went perfectly to your words to make you feel the emotion. Real life stories are my favorite kind of raps. Great job
Old 25th March 2017
Here for the gear

Honestly, there's nothing I can say to give constructive feedback. I dig the beats and you flowed with them. Your video was awesome and the message you are sending was displayed in the video.
Old 25th March 2017
Here for the gear

feedback welcomed, thanks

I wrote my first rap song back in 2016 dedicated and inspired by my son who had some rough experiences in the early stages of his life. I then wrote 6x8 as a sequel to Me, Myself & I to warn him what would happen to him if he didn't learn from his past mistakes.

Old 25th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel time View Post
Here's the latest track I have mixed down with an artist I am working with Rei.
Written in Logic and then we made sure every track went through outboard analog gear.
Tried a new combo on the vocals for this one - Manley Ref C into Manley Voxbox for tracking, then analog mix chain for vocals was Manley Slam (FET comp parallel), Neve 1084 clone, Manley Massive Passive, SPL Vitalizer, Manley Vari Mu.
We ran through a big selection of EQ options to get the vocal sound we wanted and found the bite of the Neve style coupled with the smoothness of the Massive seemed to work best. Reverbs were Lexicon plugins and a bit of Valhalla Shimmer.
Drums were Speck ASC into API 7600 channel strips, which is generally my favorite go to combo.
Like very track it's always an adventure and series of guesses and experiments until you are happy to send it out to the world.
Any critiques etc always appreciated.
Mix and mastering of this track is so good , congrats

Im wondering if you go completely gearless what result you could get
Old 31st March 2017
Here for the gear

Was hoping I could get some feedback on a couple songs I made.

For the next project Im doing I want to figure out how to make my vocals clearer and what type of effects should/could I use.

I go to an engineer that seems to know what hes doing but I don't know enough about music production to tell him what I want or how I want to sound.

Any feedback at all would be appreciative I want to jump to the next level with my next project and the only way I know is to learn more from the production side.

Song1:
Playing: LEVEL HEADED.mp3 - picosong

song 2:

Playing: BLUEGRASS REMEDY PART 2.mp3 - picosong

Thanks.
Old 31st March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Ceephus View Post
Was hoping I could get some feedback on a couple songs I made.

For the next project Im doing I want to figure out how to make my vocals clearer and what type of effects should/could I use.

I go to an engineer that seems to know what hes doing but I don't know enough about music production to tell him what I want or how I want to sound.

Any feedback at all would be appreciative I want to jump to the next level with my next project and the only way I know is to learn more from the production side.

Song1:
Playing: LEVEL HEADED.mp3 - picosong

song 2:

Playing: BLUEGRASS REMEDY PART 2.mp3 - picosong

Thanks.
You've uploaded 2 MONO tracks in mp3 192kb?!

I'm curious, Why you dont use panning ?

Also try separate instruments and vocal frequencies more

I felt you put vocal behind the instruments and they're competing in their frequency range.

I'm not sure how should I comment about the engineer ?!

Good luck
Old 31st March 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
You've uploaded 2 MONO tracks in mp3 192kb?!

I'm curious, Why you dont use panning ?

Also try separate instruments and vocal frequencies more

I felt you put vocal behind the instruments and they're competing in their frequency range.

I'm not sure how should I comment about the engineer ?!

Good luck
I really don't understand production all that well.
That's why I came here. To learn more about it.

If anything he is the one who did that.
Old 31st March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Ceephus View Post
I really don't understand production all that well.
That's why I came here. To learn more about it.

If anything he is the one who did that.
No matter what we say, It only works if you produce yourself
because you should find a good producer or you should become a good producer
Old 3rd April 2017
Lives for gear

Old 3rd April 2017
Gear Nut

Thought I’d share something I’ve been working on with y’all. I produce a lot of EDM, but I occasionally get to indulge my passion for funk and disco as with this ‘ere remix, which has been entered into a commercial competition.

The vocals are the artist’s own (supplied ‘wet’ with FX). Everything else is by yours truly: bass is a Stingray 5 (recorded DI); guitars played on an old Fender Strat copy. The rest is all samples arranged in MIDI. Final mixdown in analogue.

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportun...8-0e23ec8b8f61

Hope you dig it. Critical feedback very welcome

PS: If you can be arsed, you can vote for the track using a Facebook account. All support gratefully received.

PPS: Just posted this elsewhere on 'Slutz before I found this thread - so apologies for double-posting!
Old 3rd April 2017
Gear Maniac

Recorded this in the 90's when the Frontier Design Tango was my converter of choice. Played all instruments
Old 4th April 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveG View Post

Recorded this in the 90's when the Frontier Design Tango was my converter of choice. Played all instruments
sounds real good man, I enjoyed it.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search