The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The OFFICIAL "Please Check Out My Mix/ Music" Thread
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel time View Post
Hey all,

Here's my latest mix to check out 'Rei - Out Dancing' to see what you think
The mix was pretty much all analog (EQ and compression anyways).
Hey dope sounding ! Can you give share insight about effects used on vocals ?

Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017
Buy Beats Online Here!

Hey guys, I just launched my website recently. Thought i'd share with my fellow sluts.

Buy Beats Online Easy ---> Buy Beats Online
Old 3rd January 2017
just put out a new "beat tape"!
https://soundcloud.com/thegodson/sets/flp

unmixed and/or unmastered from January till last night with "saucysunday" and "darling" being among the newest tracks. Hit me up for instrumentals or features, I do it all. the cover is a photo of one of my beloved snails, who died a few weeks ago. RIP Plankton
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanZoo View Post
Hey dope sounding ! Can you give share insight about effects used on vocals ?

Thanks
Yup -
A main aspect is the artists voice tone and technique and the way he edited them together
Vocals were recorded through Manley Ref C into Manley Vox Box and into the DAW via Lavry Blue Converters.
Mixed through outboard - EZ1084 EQ (Neve 1084 clone) + Sontec clone EQ + SPL Vitalizer Mk2-T + Manley Slam (using FET and a little opto comp) running through a parallel compressor and then into a Manley Vari Mu and then back in.

Other effects -
Soundtoys Little alter boy on a buss (up an octave and distortion) low cut EQ (Fabfilter ProQ2) - mixed in ~25dB below mains
Lexicon PCM Reverbs (different ones on different parts of the vocals (e.g. mains, backing etc)
Soundtoys phaser on the odd bit (very subtle)
Some (not too much) Melodyne for the odd effect of it all [may have made some chords out of the vocals in the chorus (Often do that for fun)]
Might be a little bit of Valhalla Shimmer Reverb on the odd part as well.

Will update as I remember any other aspects, but that covers most of it.

Cheers
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel time View Post
Yup -
A main aspect is the artists voice tone and technique and the way he edited them together
Vocals were recorded through Manley Ref C into Manley Vox Box and into the DAW via Lavry Blue Converters.
Mixed through outboard - EZ1084 EQ (Neve 1084 clone) + Sontec clone EQ + + Manley Slam (using FET and a little opto comp) running through a parallel compressor and then into a Manley Vari Mu and then back in.

Other effects -
Soundtoys Little alter boy on a buss (up an octave and distortion) low cut EQ (Fabfilter ProQ2) - mixed in ~25dB below mains
Lexicon PCM Reverbs (different ones on different parts of the vocals (e.g. mains, backing etc)
Soundtoys phaser on the odd bit (very subtle)
Some (not too much) Melodyne for the odd effect of it all [may have made some chords out of the vocals in the chorus (Often do that for fun)]
Might be a little bit of Valhalla Shimmer Reverb on the odd part as well.

Will update as I remember any other aspects, but that covers most of it.

Cheers
Nice man ! Great work ! Everything is dope from top to bottom ! I particularly love the way you made the space around the vocals, great stuff man !

EDIT: Just checked some more work done by you, my friend, you became one of my favorite mixing engineers :D Cheers
Old 5th January 2017
Old 6th January 2017
Here for the gear
This is my first post in the Gear Slutz community. I have gained a considerable amount of knowledge about gear and many other audiophile things from this place. I can find most of the answers to any question I have just by searching the threads here. I dig it, so I became a member.

This is the latest track my friend Sprezzy Stylez & I put together this last weekend. We started at 5 am after being up all night and latched on to a creative high. Laid the arrangement down, then got on the mic real quick and freestyle'd around until we got some good ones. Produced, arranged, and mixed by to the best of my ability at this point.

Straight forward beat the whole way through. Some Piano stabs, and some fun digital synth stuff.
Bass & Guitar recorded through UA Twinfinity 710 in SS setting.
Bass: Sprezzy Stylez
Guitar: The Beatnik

Any feedback, thoughts, or tips would be saturated & appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/dubbleaprime/hour-stereoned

Last edited by The_Beatnik; 7th January 2017 at 05:16 AM..
Old 6th January 2017
Here for the gear

been working on this track for the past 24 hours...ears sore, feel like i'm dying but is this all i got.

based out of nyc; songwriting, production, and mixing all done by me. synthesized all sounds myself with an analog synth...vocals recorded on an ev re20, gain supplied by a scarlett focusrite, no money for a preamp right now. completely self taught on all accounts.

been feeling so overwhelmed by the process so i will be highly indebted to anyone who will give me a listen and provide feedback

https://soundcloud.com/shamsi-bash/d...i-bash/s-Aoqxb
Old 8th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouKnowItsLJ View Post
I've been using this site for years for mixing advice and what not, but I've never made an account until a while ago, and even then I don't post. But I figured I'd give my music a shot, I produced the beat as well. I appreciate any advice on the mix/master/instrumental. Godspeed sincerely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5OrNKfBzm8

Nice track, man. I like it a lot. It has a very "current" sound, and reminds me a bit of Drake with the rapping/singing vibe and the vocal tone, but obviously with more edge to the content. I like the overall mix as well... it sounded well balanced for sure. Keep doing your thing.
Old 8th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamsi_bash View Post
been working on this track for the past 24 hours...ears sore, feel like i'm dying but is this all i got.

based out of nyc; songwriting, production, and mixing all done by me. synthesized all sounds myself with an analog synth...vocals recorded on an ev re20, gain supplied by a scarlett focusrite, no money for a preamp right now. completely self taught on all accounts.

been feeling so overwhelmed by the process so i will be highly indebted to anyone who will give me a listen and provide feedback

https://soundcloud.com/shamsi-bash/d...i-bash/s-Aoqxb
Cool track. Obviously you've got a ton of processing going on there. I like the overall feel of the song. To add contrast, I think it would be cool if the autotune vocal was only on the hook, and there were actual rap verses added, and perhaps a hard-hitting kick as well. Keep doing your thing.
Old 12th January 2017
Gear Head

Samples Hip-hop song - mix/mastering advice

Hey all,

This is a song I mixed and mastered for a cool group out of philadelphia. Some interesting vocals and a cool sample to go along with it. Let me know what you think of my mix (any advice will be greatly appreciated). Hoping to mix more of their stuff in the future.

SoundCloud link below...

Tools used:
Izotope alloy
Izotope Ozone
Melodyne
Ableton (reverb, delay, multiband comp, etc.)

https://soundcloud.com/three_mc/mollywop

Thanks!

Jb
Old 12th January 2017
Here for the gear

4TH QTR - cold blood

Hey everyone,

Here is a mix for one of my latest tracks. I've been studying Deadmau5's MasterClass a bit and applied some of his ideas to my hip hop tracks. Let me know what you think could be improved!

Thanks,
Brandon
Attached Files

cold blood.mp3 (2.98 MB, 317 views)

Old 15th January 2017
Here for the gear
Raw hip hop beat

Old 17th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird712 View Post
Hey all,

This is a song I mixed and mastered for a cool group out of philadelphia. Some interesting vocals and a cool sample to go along with it. Let me know what you think of my mix (any advice will be greatly appreciated). Hoping to mix more of their stuff in the future.

SoundCloud link below...

Tools used:
Izotope alloy
Izotope Ozone
Melodyne
Ableton (reverb, delay, multiband comp, etc.)

https://soundcloud.com/three_mc/mollywop

Thanks!

Jb
Hi
Checked your mix, I think its good
Specially your mid side proccessing
Obviously Im not a pro
So that was my opinion

I think the kicks can be little bit cleaner
Im not sure but maybe a little cut on 1khz
and a little cut on 200 hz
Always a good idea for me

Good luck
Old 17th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TH QTR View Post
Hey everyone,

Here is a mix for one of my latest tracks. I've been studying Deadmau5's MasterClass a bit and applied some of his ideas to my hip hop tracks. Let me know what you think could be improved!

Thanks,
Brandon
Man! From 1:39 I felt a completely different world
well done
Old 17th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrfeusBeats View Post
Hi!

This is my latest hip hop instrumental I've been working on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiXone395Fo

What do you think?

Thank you!

/Orefusbeats
Hi, I think the overall mix is good
Just a few suggestion

A little bit cut on 200hz
And use groove more on your production

Also I noticed you barely let a song play without bass note
Sometimes release the bass to create different sensation in your mix
Old 27th January 2017
Lives for gear

Pressure

Here's a beat I made and mixed in 2013. Few things I would do differently if I mixed it again, bring the guitar up in some spots and some other things. But I'm going to be alright.

ETA:

What I really need help on is the marketing and promotion, but I'm getting that figured out one day at a time.

ETA #2 :

I'm going to put some Rap Rap Rap RapRapRap, over my new beats I'm making. Maybe one day people will decide to clearly communicate what their intentions are and their actions will reflect that they truly intend to help me.
Attached Files

Pressure - JonBayless.mp3 (4.54 MB, 680 views)

Last edited by Doc Vigilanti; 27th January 2017 at 06:16 AM..
Old 28th January 2017
Here for the gear

Check this one out please!

Tell me what you think I can do to improve the mix on this instrumental. Just something experimental. I am concerned about the low end. Thanks for your feedback. I am really trying to improve and hope to get some constructive criticism! Thanks
Old 4th February 2017
Here for the gear

my bad, I didn't see this earlier. Just wondering what you think of this mix.

Old 4th February 2017
Here for the gear

joeyjeffproductions whats up

its a small world bro
Old 6th February 2017
Here for the gear

Since some people post youtube links as well,
this is my latest work, what u think about it? Please be honest.

Old 7th February 2017
Lives for gear

My first track in a few years. Time for me to go make more. I love making records.
Attached Files

Tik-Tok_mix-2-192.mp3 (4.04 MB, 541 views)

Old 10th February 2017
Here for the gear

Last edited by CycoRoboter; 10th February 2017 at 10:20 PM..
Old 11th February 2017
Here for the gear
Hi All! I have a question :D

Basically besides the obvious answers like "well its a studio album, recorded in a million dollar studio by real professionals," I wanna know how does a mix goes from this:

to this:

Old 15th February 2017
Here for the gear

New to the forum. Just thought I would get some advice on my mixes. Thanks.

Old 16th February 2017
Gear Addict

Hey Guys, see what you think

Old 17th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekells View Post
Hard hitting and ambient at the same time.

Blend of live guitars and synths with pumping drums.
Two rappers, with a different beat (instruments/melody, that is) on each verse.
The chorus has a ambient feel, with a lot of different sounds interacting under the singing.

Play at 720p for decent quality

EDITED JUNE 13/12:
Great ****!
Old 17th February 2017
Great stuff, everyone...

This song is my baby right here... Made 4 years ago at age 23 - the kid was mighty and strong!

"Every Wound" - featured as an attachment. Enjoy, and thanks, everybody!

Important to note this song was mixed by someone else named DeeSkee, I hadn't yet dove into engineering at that time.
Attached Files
Old 21st February 2017
Gear Maniac

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search