The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Preamp VSTs ? Condenser Microphones
Old 15th June 2017
  #1
Gear Maniac
 

Thread Starter
Preamp VSTs ?

Which Preamp emulation vsts can you recommend? Are there others than Slate, Waves and IK Multimedia?
Old 19th June 2017
  #2
Lives for gear
 
parkay909's Avatar
None. Buy a good preamp and record through it.
Old 19th June 2017
  #3
Gear Head
the kush preamps are cool, my favs are the slate ones, acustica has some good stuff too I liked the preamp on pink and ivory, you gotta try stuff tho, I think its mostly personnal preference when u get to the best plugins
Old 19th June 2017
  #4
Gear Maniac
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxnylrules View Post
the kush preamps are cool, my favs are the slate ones, acustica has some good stuff too I liked the preamp on pink and ivory, you gotta try stuff tho, I think its mostly personnal preference when u get to the best plugins
yeah but kush isnt an emulation. its their own preamp style. im looking for neve stuff
Old 19th June 2017
  #5
Lives for gear
 
parkay909's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangs_08 View Post
yeah but kush isnt an emulation. its their own preamp style. im looking for neve stuff
Then buy a Neve...

If you only invest in one piece of outboard gear then make it a good mic. Two pieces a good mic and pre. 3 add a compressor...

A mediocre mic through a fart preamp with a neve plugin will sound like a mediocre neve fart...
Old 19th June 2017
  #6
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangs_08 View Post
yeah but kush isnt an emulation. its their own preamp style. im looking for neve stuff
they are, theres one neve, one api and one tube. the neve one is omega n
Old 19th June 2017
  #7
Gear Maniac
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkay909 View Post
Then buy a Neve...

If you only invest in one piece of outboard gear then make it a good mic. Two pieces a good mic and pre. 3 add a compressor...

A mediocre mic through a fart preamp with a neve plugin will sound like a mediocre neve fart...
yeah true. got the slate vms but the two included emulations are not enough. will check omega n from kush
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump