The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Preamp VSTs ? Condenser Microphones
Old 15th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Preamp VSTs ?

Which Preamp emulation vsts can you recommend? Are there others than Slate, Waves and IK Multimedia?
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

None. Buy a good preamp and record through it.
Old 19th June 2017
Gear Head
the kush preamps are cool, my favs are the slate ones, acustica has some good stuff too I liked the preamp on pink and ivory, you gotta try stuff tho, I think its mostly personnal preference when u get to the best plugins
Old 19th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxnylrules View Post
the kush preamps are cool, my favs are the slate ones, acustica has some good stuff too I liked the preamp on pink and ivory, you gotta try stuff tho, I think its mostly personnal preference when u get to the best plugins
yeah but kush isnt an emulation. its their own preamp style. im looking for neve stuff
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangs_08 View Post
yeah but kush isnt an emulation. its their own preamp style. im looking for neve stuff
Then buy a Neve...

If you only invest in one piece of outboard gear then make it a good mic. Two pieces a good mic and pre. 3 add a compressor...

A mediocre mic through a fart preamp with a neve plugin will sound like a mediocre neve fart...
Old 19th June 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangs_08 View Post
they are, theres one neve, one api and one tube. the neve one is omega n
Old 19th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkay909 View Post
Then buy a Neve...

If you only invest in one piece of outboard gear then make it a good mic. Two pieces a good mic and pre. 3 add a compressor...

A mediocre mic through a fart preamp with a neve plugin will sound like a mediocre neve fart...
yeah true. got the slate vms but the two included emulations are not enough. will check omega n from kush

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search