The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Workflow: Maschine 2.0 vs. MPC 2.0
Old 16th February 2017
Here for the gear

Workflow: Maschine 2.0 vs. MPC 2.0

Hello fellow GS'ers,

Can any one compare Maschine 2.0 to Akai 2.0 software in regard to managing workflow? Pros and cons? intuitive or difficult. taxing or fun to use.
Old 16th February 2017
Lives for gear

Akais V2 SW has not been released to the general public as of yet and Maschine is up to V2.6

Akais Eco system is more open as in it has cv outs, midi, audio tracks etc.

Me think NI has got some catching up to do .

Cheers
Old 16th February 2017
Gear Addict

God no, please no
Old 20th February 2017
Lives for gear

The NI ecosystem makes far more sense to me personally, many more expansions, integration with everything NI including their keyboards. What Akai has shown of mpc 2.0 looks cool, the only thing it seems to have on NI are audio tracks (I believe I read that NI have reported including audio tracks in their next major release).

No comparison imo
Old 21st February 2017
Lives for gear

Wait until MPC 2.0 is actually out before you create threads like these.
Old 21st February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
many more expansions, integration with everything NI including their keyboards. What Akai has shown of mpc 2.0 looks cool, the only thing it seems to have on NI are audio tracks (I believe I read that NI have reported including audio tracks in their next major release).

No comparison imo
AKAI needs to step their game up on releasing more expansions, but I'm not surprised NI has done better in that area overall. They specialize in that stuff, like AKAI specializes in hardware.

VIP integration for the Advance keyboard was something mentioned for 2.x, but I haven't heard anything more on that since, so no indication has been given as to how far off after the 2.0 release something like that will be.

Despite that, the AKAI stuff still holds it's own in my opinion. I could use which ever I want, and last year between NI's Maschine/Komplete Kontrol and AKAI's MPC/VIP, most of my time was spent working with the MPC Software and VIP. Neither go far enough in trying to surpass the other, so "better" for me still comes down to whatever I'm most in the mood for using.
Old 21st February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
AKAI needs to step their game up on releasing more expansions, but I'm not surprised NI has done better in that area overall. They specialize in that stuff, like AKAI specializes in hardware.

VIP integration for the Advance keyboard was something mentioned for 2.x, but I haven't heard anything more on that since, so no indication has been given as to how far off after the 2.0 release something like that will be.

Despite that, the AKAI stuff still holds it's own in my opinion. I could use which ever I want, and last year between NI's Maschine/Komplete Kontrol and AKAI's MPC/VIP, most of my time was spent working with the MPC Software and VIP. Neither go far enough in trying to surpass the other, so "better" for me still comes down to whatever I'm most in the mood for using.
I agree 100%!

These are all just tools after all
Old 21st February 2017
Gear Nut

Good for drum programming/grooves and sampling, annoying for just about everything else.
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsWilsonian View Post
Good for drum programming/grooves and sampling, annoying for just about everything else.
Old thread, I know...

Having owned an MPC 500, MPC 2000XL, MPC 60, MPC 60 mkII, MPC Studio, MPC Ren, and Maschine (MPC Touch is on its way), I tend to agree to some extent.

I don't really use my Maschine very often. When I do, its to lay down some great sounding drums, fast. If you're not into digging through vinyl to find those perfect drum sounds to sample and you're more into having a factory library of production ready sounds, the Maschine takes the cake here.

Don't get me wrong, MPC has a library of great sounding samples/loops too. But the browser in Maschine absolutely dominates MPC. Really, there is no comparison. The tags in Maschine make finding the sound you're looking for so much faster.

I'm really not a fan of the overall workflow in either MPC or Maschine but that's purely a personal preference. I've been using FL Studio for about 15 years so it will always be my main beat making tool.

MPC is definitely my preference for slicing and sampling and given I only ever use MPC or Maschine to produce loops from chopped samples to arrange in FL Studio (which I then use as a VST in Reaper) anything beyond what I'm using them for is largely irrelevant to me.

If we talk about the hardware MPCs for a moment. What's great about these is, aside from sampling, is how rock solid they are at sequencing external gear.

Anyhoo, that's my $0.02. Hopefully of some help to anyone reading this thread.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search