The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Loopmasters
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Before I get to it, I should mention that I've done my research. I've managed to find a few nice things here and there with what...

ItsRyanBoi
replies: 2 views: 475
knobsmcgee 4 weeks ago

I've made several threads on gearslutz that wore very helpful which lead me to buy the aa cm 800t which i'm happy with for...

onshott1
replies: 6 views: 585
1TP 4 weeks ago

I have some new clients coming in that have specifically asked for us to replace some of their 808's & Kicks in their already...

nephew312
replies: 13 views: 7,032
dimizmusic 4 weeks ago

I been recording at home recently, fairly new to it, and in every track i record i get a very bassy/muddy/muffled sound around...

Nineteen
replies: 1 views: 362
CJ Mastering 4 weeks ago

Hi dudes So earlier I was listening to a Keak Da Sneak EP with Project Pat and Kalani. Being a fan of 2 of the 3 and thought...

sidknrs
replies: 1 views: 313
chris carter 4 weeks ago

JD dumped his SSL for mixing ITB. The Neptunes scrapped one of their SSL's for working ITB. And I wonder are The Neptunes...

replies: 68 views: 8,120
IM WHO YOU THINK 4 weeks ago
replies: 74 views: 24,400
Jeezo 15th September 2020

Just saw the demo on Izotope RX 8. Looks like the end of youtube copycat beat makers if it really works as good on spoken word...

illynoise
replies: 6 views: 672
Curtis.Cole 15th September 2020

Sup slutz I'm thinking of getting one of these but still have some doubts about which one would be the best option. I'm mostly...

Deleted 45df8d9
replies: 11 views: 910
wavejockey 11th September 2020

Hello. I was wondering what the general workflow was like in the 90s / early 00s. From making the beat on hardware to...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 36 views: 2,128
play/record 9th September 2020

anybody know what mic this is? it looks like a 4040 but then again they all look the same. Pic in the thumbnail

OceanDrive
replies: 4 views: 377
OceanDrive 9th September 2020

Hey guys, I have my own in-home studio with some mid level gear and i'm trying to track down a microphone issue... my last few...

dontworryboy
replies: 1 views: 289
dontworryboy 8th September 2020

Some of my S900 processed drum sounds. Signal chain: S900 -> AMS Neve 1073LB -> RME MUltiface II. Hopefully someone...

lemonsquash
replies: 23 views: 3,508
DenTaylor 7th September 2020

Hey Guys, I just downloaded a demo of heat Up 3 and was pretty happy with it for the price. I know it is very close to Nexus...

Danny Scott
replies: 25 views: 4,909
LuXx 6th September 2020

Hello, guys. I have Rode Nt1 kit microphone and a Focusrite 2i4, but I am not very satisfied with the results, so I'm considering...

crushingblow
replies: 65 views: 6,488
gearstudent 5th September 2020

Ok so my question, is... Does any know if these units can be dasiy chained together. Example 2 MG614’s and Mpc60. Mpc60...

LoFizle
replies: 1 views: 866
Fauphi 5th September 2020

If you were making 90’s influenced R&B, think Timbaland and the Neptunes, which plugin would you pick and can you explain...

miscend
replies: 6 views: 1,508
e-smile-z 5th September 2020

You can hear it in this songs ( All The way thru in “No Sylist”, sometimes in “Numbers”...

IssaFuego
replies: 5 views: 852
JblKid95 5th September 2020

I was listening to some supposedly new Rappers (well...new to me because I never heard of them before). Regardless, the Mixing on...

ANR2011
replies: 104 views: 8,304
Jevon 4th September 2020

I know it depends on the way vocalist but I'm curious where do you guys like that start off with your settings.

onshott1
replies: 3 views: 488
DAH 4th September 2020

Hey everyone, I've been songwriting for some time already, have a few songs that I have written but never recorded , I tried...

Straw
replies: 12 views: 747
Straw 4th September 2020

Can someone do me a favor and post a finished mix and a finished master so i can hear what the master does. when i mix i keep...

1ManBand
replies: 24 views: 5,812
tific 3rd September 2020

Im looking for a higher end mic that will match my voice but need help, I've been searching for a month now. I currenly use a b1...

onshott1
replies: 67 views: 3,415
Matthew_Knowes 3rd September 2020

hey everyone. I'm current using an apex ribbon mic.. with a focusrite 2i2 usb interface. my old mic i still have is an at2020....

jcsmyth
replies: 17 views: 1,465
Bushman 2nd September 2020
replies: 10 views: 1,174
Scragend 28th August 2020

Hey, Was just wondering what your mastering chain looks like on a trap or drill instrumental. Would like to know what LUFS you...

Hazzakbeats
replies: 5 views: 700
jlgrimes11 28th August 2020

Thought all of you might appreciate this thread I made in the Music Computers sub-forum here at GS. It relates completely to drum...

themixtape
replies: 3 views: 1,116
themixtape 26th August 2020

I have a Technics SL-1210 Mk II which I've just taken out of storage but see that its needle/stylus is broken. As far as I...

rhythmcomposer
replies: 20 views: 2,103
BLSD 26th August 2020

Whatsup everybody? I've been messing around a lot lately in my MPC 4000 trying to get the best kick sound I possibly can. I use...

MitchGeist
replies: 40 views: 20,615
innertongue 24th August 2020

I just finished the Disco D documentary "Hustle Harder" and as he goes through his gear he notes how great the dbx...

Pretty_Suite
replies: 31 views: 13,987
Bender412 24th August 2020

Not sure if I posted this back in the day, but I used to use these back in the 90s. They come from my old ASR/MPC/SP12 drums...

illynoise
replies: 0 views: 402
illynoise 23rd August 2020

Greetings, I just got put on to the MPC Black, has anyone else gotten this? It looks delicious and I am definitely looking at...

danoc
replies: 133 views: 13,662
julex 22nd August 2020

Hello, does anyone have any experience with these two racks? I notice that the volume on the dbox+ is lower than the ufx II. Even...

jamesb09
replies: 1 views: 315
CJ Mastering 21st August 2020

Hey all, I'm currently doing graduate school research and am looking into developing better tools for working with drum sample...

jorshi
replies: 0 views: 319
jorshi 19th August 2020

Hello. Do you guys know any tips or tricks to achieve a more boom bap type of reverb. I know this is a very broad question....

Hip Hop Head
replies: 17 views: 2,316
TRSC 19th August 2020

Every time I attempt to master a song(regardless of meters) they always come out quieter than expected. I have been making...

Max Race
replies: 29 views: 1,887
Deptronic 18th August 2020

I bought the Digital Sound Factory Ensoniq EPS/ASR library from eBay. After downloading the samples and going through the 808...

kvmoore
replies: 6 views: 1,945
HazeBros 18th August 2020

Just wanted to share a short story here, maybe give some younger engineers some hope and some older engineers (like me) some...

illynoise
replies: 1 views: 372
Curtis.Cole 17th August 2020

Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey must’ve been engineered by god himself, if you haven’t heard it please take a listen to the...

ForeignFaraz
replies: 11 views: 1,678
the_mixer 16th August 2020

One of the wild theories I like to bandy about is the idea that "screwed" music (you know, the slowed down stuff coming...

bradb
replies: 19 views: 3,051
illynoise 16th August 2020

So I have a Beatstars account and I see a lot of people using images of famous rappers to promote their songs. These are like...

Face_Valid
replies: 0 views: 256
Face_Valid 15th August 2020

Trap is boring, and no one is really listening to that lame genre anymore except old people trying to be young. Boom Bap is...

Instrmntl
replies: 65 views: 22,449
Hip Hop Head 14th August 2020

Hey what’s up everybody I like using this type of sub bass that comes stock in Ableton called “hip hop sub bass” but I...

Fergstramental
replies: 3 views: 528
Fergstramental 13th August 2020

I will start with some ones. (I obtained this info from old interviews on the net, magazines, asking directly to producers and...

Deleted 45df8d9
replies: 1 views: 487
Deleted 45df8d9 11th August 2020

What's up everybody Lately I have been working on getting my mixes right for the streaming services. I have been using all...

Fergstramental
replies: 5 views: 526
Fergstramental 10th August 2020

Hi guys, I started learning Ableton at the beginning of last year on and off. Just for something fun to do after work. It's...

swish420
replies: 2 views: 382
swish420 10th August 2020

Hello, I have some new monitors but they are quite tall and the tweeters are above my ears. How important is it to have the...

jamesb09
replies: 13 views: 531
jamesb09 9th August 2020

Not debating the group here, hate or love them but they have really nice sounding vocals on some of their more widely known LP's....

masta1
replies: 10 views: 1,845
killa ego 8th August 2020

I recorded these myself (obviously). Various funk, tempo is right around 100 BPM. Used an ipod sitting on my kit to do the...

poserp
replies: 4 views: 597
gearstudent 7th August 2020

So Omnisphere user audio playback is second to none as far as plug-ins i’ve messed with, but sample editing is none existent,...

Artcutech
replies: 6 views: 2,974
trevon 7th August 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search