The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1 views: 685
Bender412 1 week ago

hello fellow slutz! i have never had the oportunity to sit down with one of these bad boys, so im curious about the tonal...

fn86
replies: 15 views: 4,117
Noba772 2 hours ago

Hi everyone, Just purchased an SP-1200 which am waiting to receive. Its my first foray into vintage samplers and I have a few...

sparco
replies: 0 views: 54
sparco 2 hours ago

Came across an album called Into By Sonder the other day and I was blown away the production....

Yeaa.Rel
replies: 0 views: 101
Yeaa.Rel 8 hours ago

Just wondering if anybody here owns the Neve Portico 5042 Tape Simulator? I was thinking about picking one of these up, but im...

RIZ Records
replies: 17 views: 9,931
DomiBabi 9 hours ago

Hi folks. Imagine you were sitting in a boardroom of an audio hardware and software developer. They ask you "what does the...

Steven Slate
replies: 176 views: 7,059
Noisewagon 10 hours ago

How do I get the vocal effect the producer is using on the chorus (hook)? Particularly in the end of the second chorus. It has a...

Jaked4ge
replies: 1 views: 303
atma 10 hours ago

Cheers! Having Problems with my Cubase Projects at the end of Mixing. Working with a Steinberg ur22mk2 on a Laptop with SSD...

kashmvnyl1fe
replies: 8 views: 763
bill5 22 hours ago
replies: - views: -
reapingghillie 1 day ago

Aight, You know you can never have too many drum in your collection so here are some of my drums . I use maschine but I sampled...

beyondat
replies: 48 views: 3,787
Goa-Dubs 1 day ago

Hey guys, A specific kick I'm using sounds amazing when it's clipping on its channel - the tone of it is perfect. Even with a...

pilamon
replies: 7 views: 481
nd33 1 day ago
DAH 2 days ago

Hey all! YouTube I was just wondering how you think this guy gets such a clean mix, it's one of the cleanest mixes I've...

reapingghillie
replies: 12 views: 653
ANR2011 2 days ago

Out of the blue, I've been trying to find that song. Can't really remember how the melody goes but I'll know if I hear it...

Phroggy
replies: 70 views: 90,212
jasonalexander92 2 days ago
replies: 46 views: 4,387
mainstreamdjs 2 days ago

This question is more for those who produce modern hip hop. I am trying to learn different strategies for mixing drums. My...

ac_music
replies: 59 views: 2,611
jimmyklane 3 days ago

So, we’ve had a few days to listen to it. What do you guys think about the production and engineering of the album?

ArcticAudio
replies: 36 views: 1,631
open_source 3 days ago

Good evening all! I’m looking to spend 5-6k on my studio and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding how I...

Anadivine816
replies: 2 views: 414
open_source 3 days ago

I know you can buy plug ins for thempcto place 909 etc, but can the mpc touch/mpc's be used as a drum machine like the rolands or...

Downtime_1
replies: 3 views: 397
v00d00ppl 3 days ago

Hey everybody, can I ask for your help please? I like to produce trap beats on Fruity Loops and there's one problem I always...

ep12
replies: 14 views: 1,091
JHOOKS 3 days ago

Recently, I upgraded to Ableton Live 10. As I was installing the new packs, I noticed it had a new set of Beat Tools. Although...

Synth Guru
replies: 6 views: 639
JHOOKS 3 days ago

Interested in what others are doing, tried Opto mode as another engineer at the studio I work at swears by it, but definitely...

BrokenSilenceEnt
replies: 3 views: 711
V.t 4 days ago

those sounds from Prince's "Little Red Corvette" or "1999", etc... what module or plug-in holds these famous...

ssprod19
replies: 71 views: 41,666
Cabrone 4 days ago

Care to share your techniques for mixing vocals to a stereo two tracks and getting them to sound top 40 billboard...

GHINII
replies: 18 views: 766
GHINII 4 days ago

often times I get people wanting that ultra thick, punchy, fat vocal that you can feel....typically more on the dry side....dry...

Sampire
replies: 25 views: 10,573
phaceless 5 days ago

YouTube Hey all! I was just wondering how this producer made the pad (omnisphere?) so watery and sample like. Whatever effects...

877spy
replies: 2 views: 316
877spy 6 days ago

I have been literally freaking out from last two days.Kicks on these songs are so loud ,"In your face" , and the body...

rameet47
replies: 15 views: 877
atma 6 days ago

Does anyone know what synth/preset was used for the pad in this song, and what was done to it to get it to sound like that? Or...

alteredchords
replies: 2 views: 667
alteredchords 1 week ago

So, The Weeknd has come out again to prove himself as most likely the most interesting pop artist to come out in the last 15...

sfilipee
replies: 35 views: 2,693
sfilipee 1 week ago

Heyo its me again, yeah I know you'll probably rage at me for making a thread about the more-or-less same topic twice... But...

gheddi
replies: 12 views: 1,181
Captain 8 1 week ago

Hey guys, So I have been recording Hip-Hop/Rap for at least 6-7 years now and recently I upgraded my whole studio. Now I am...

ProCeMusic
replies: 12 views: 1,071
tdot 1 week ago

Hi, I need some advise on what equipment i should get in order to achieve really high quality sounds and industry level...

strikervz
replies: 18 views: 711
kangking 1 week ago

Hey fellas, Recently, I've been trying to figure out how to have a hard-hitting Kick Drum that also since well with a solid sub...

DontaBlack
replies: 45 views: 1,699
elegentdrum 1 week ago

I know this is a pretty pathetic 'problem', compared to most people's problems, but is anyone else feeling overwhelmed by how...

barryfell
replies: 107 views: 2,649
barryfell 2 weeks ago

Hey Guys looking for advice please help =) I wanna add a sub signal generator to a kick for it to have a boomy low end and...

BoyBlue
replies: 5 views: 553
BoyBlue 2 weeks ago

Can anyone help please?. Yeah I know mpc stuff has them but shipping is killer to the UK and I know they're just typical oem...

rirawin
replies: 0 views: 398
rirawin 2 weeks ago

Yo! I'm in the market for a new machine. I currently have the Maschine Studio but I feel it lacking in terms of creating drum...

simplecomplex1
replies: 73 views: 3,263
atma 2 weeks ago

I was wondering how I could go about achieving this effect that comes in at about 1:01-1:02 during the snare fill. It sounds to...

Dkelloway
replies: 2 views: 559
atma 2 weeks ago

TjRBIdLt6s8 That sound that appears to be layered over the snare that you can hear closely in the intro doing that little...

Dkelloway
replies: 4 views: 749
superstupid 2 weeks ago

HI guys, so ive been experimenting with my mixes and noticed that mixing at low volumes really does help with making sure...

varun213
replies: 24 views: 1,349
deondamage 2 weeks ago

With the release of Studio One 4, seems like Presonus may have hit a home run. Being a sample based producer and dj, I base...

robmixx
replies: 21 views: 1,069
atma 2 weeks ago

I frequently use a technique in my production where i will take a loop/sample, duplicate it on another track and pitch shift the...

chudslayer
replies: 2 views: 423
atma 2 weeks ago

Drake - Nothing Was The Same - Noah 40 Shebib And Noel Gadget Campbell ?! Ok so assuming you've heard drake new album ... my...

austinbrown
replies: 5 views: 5,447
GHINII 2 weeks ago

Just wondered if any one here has any info regarding the recording techniques and equipment used on some of those classic drum...

dialectic
replies: 20 views: 6,985
DAH 2 weeks ago

Hello all, this week im buying one of these two microphones. little can i find for directly comparing them, and in their stand...

teamskdm
replies: 2 views: 502
teamskdm 2 weeks ago

I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to hardware and could still learn a lot when it comes to music production, but I'm looking to...

SonicallyDeaf
replies: 10 views: 775
tdot 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and this is my first thread. I'm looking for a entry level microphone for rap. Is the blue...

Edobajo
replies: 20 views: 1,483
tdot 2 weeks ago

hi I'm trying to re-create a 90's style studio but i like to work with the digital equipment too. The computer is more for...

Olskool Bwoy
replies: 79 views: 4,528
Martel80 2 weeks ago

I’m just getting back into recording I have a Apollo quad that while be here Tuesday, of the two which do you think will give...

Cokey30
replies: 3 views: 373
scandal 2 weeks ago

Looking to get into hip hop production. I was thinking a keyboard w/built in drumpad would be a good starter but I am open to...

doom3crazy
replies: 18 views: 940
atma 3 weeks ago

Quality wise for an Bedroom with carpet 13 ft long, 11 ft wide, 7 ft height. A male Hip hop & R&B artist(mostly hip hop...

walterlopez8
walterlopez8 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search