The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi folks. Imagine you were sitting in a boardroom of an audio hardware and software developer. They ask you "what does the...

Steven Slate
replies: 258 views: 14,349
atma 35 minutes ago

I recently had the pleasure of listening to Post Malone's Rockstar and the production immediately grabbed me. Anyone else...

zukan
replies: 2 views: 210
zukan 10 hours ago

I have 4 different monitors, including what Yamaha claims as the new NS10. Monitors: Yamaha MSP7 Yamaha HS8 Adam...

MixingChamp
replies: 42 views: 1,407
zukan 11 hours ago

Hi guys/guyettes In the market for a half decent drum machine. Am happy to spend a little if we end up in Electron territory...

zukan
replies: 0 views: 111
zukan 11 hours ago

I know this is a pretty pathetic 'problem', compared to most people's problems, but is anyone else feeling overwhelmed by how...

barryfell
replies: 112 views: 3,147
boombapdame 11 hours ago

What up GS?? Can you guys explain to me your process for selecting and using different samples from different pieces of...

JaccCetch
replies: 18 views: 799
utters 13 hours ago

What's good? I like looking at these gearslutz polls to see what other people do and use to create their music. I did not find a...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 46 views: 2,509
szegedin 1 day ago

There’s a technique used to shape a mix with a pultec style eq by boosting the lows and attenuating the highs. I was wondering...

skitzothebeast
replies: 46 views: 1,758
zukan 1 day ago

I just got a rode Nt1 with a komplete audio 6 interface. But which preamp is best suited

Prynceryan97
replies: 6 views: 443
zukan 1 day ago

Is it possible to split the left and right from an stereo sample? cant find this option only summing both channels to mono...

BHW
replies: 0 views: 211
BHW 1 day ago

Just interested to see some opinions on which is the best mixed album that Dre did and why... I guess the main options...

BertyBert
replies: 62 views: 6,002
DJ T Havoc 2 days ago

(original post edited for new comers) I'm recording a group that's trying to get that 2000's Rocafella rap vocal sound. It...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 118 views: 10,386
BDrensk 2 days ago

So I've been trying to recreate/make a bass line similar to this track's (starts at 29 seconds). The only method I've tried...

henry woodes
replies: 3 views: 684
henry woodes 3 days ago

Whats Good! I know this has been a controversial topic and for a long time. I'm a Songwriter and a Record Producer that wears...

360studios15
replies: 3 views: 449
Spy! 4 days ago

I just can't decide! Same price for both, max ram. I hear xl sounds worse but thought I'd see if any users had some pros and...

Boogiepop
replies: 29 views: 9,879
atma 5 days ago

I normally don't start threads like this but this album is soooo sick and never mentioned. I love the sound and knock of this...

azwun25
replies: 11 views: 1,151
atma 6 days ago

Im looking at a possible MPC2000XL to go with my older Akai S3200 as a hw sequencer/sampler Does the MPC2000xl have a...

james090
replies: 28 views: 1,205
tdot 6 days ago

-LgQUdo7qEk Performing with the sm7, his voice still sounds the same. -p7dc_OgmsE

Chris Lago
replies: 11 views: 1,717
DAH 1 week ago

I have a weird issue with my ASR-10 and I have never seen that in my 25 years of using this thing. I want to sample a...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 8 views: 488
Jaybird 1 week ago

Hey guys first post here and i would like your thoughts on this I'm a rap artist and engineer and i mainly work on rap vocals...

VitoSoprano
replies: 5 views: 536
DAH 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
SmittyCono 1 week ago

I have two pair of monitors speakers i have JBL LSR308 and YAMAHA HS8 and want to know which one should i make as my main monitor...

yungjoe727
replies: 10 views: 1,379
DAH 1 week ago

Hi, I'm mixing a song. The bassline sounds big on the left and quiet on the right. As usual, I thus use a panning plug-in in...

Donedeal0
replies: 9 views: 586
IkennaFuNkEn 1 week ago

can I use any of these effects to act as a noise gate? I know expanders can do it but I also don't see an expander in the box....

skoolafish
replies: 2 views: 504
skoolafish 1 week ago

I wanna make New Jack Swing style beats. What do I need to start? I have no clue what type of drum machines and modules they...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 172 views: 46,742
rosso geezer 1 week ago

One of the songs that were not produced by Teddy, the snare almost sounds like it was done by Havoc of Mobb Deep. Does anyone...

sfilipee
replies: 1 views: 354
atma 1 week ago

YouTube I was watching this video and came across this part which left me confused... I have used fl studio a little bit and...

carlosdanger
replies: 22 views: 1,261
IkennaFuNkEn 1 week ago
sammmoxo 2 weeks ago

YouTube YouTube I was wondering if you guys could identify how he mixes his vocals. I think there's some obvious layering and...

abusive
replies: 1 views: 471
LovePlastic 2 weeks ago

Hello all, This is my first post on the board after a search for a particular sound led me here. Long story short, I have been...

ya_tru
replies: 0 views: 348
ya_tru 2 weeks ago
sammmoxo 2 weeks ago
A L E X 2 weeks ago

Hello all, There are pretty a lot of itb mixing while using outboard gear on gearslutz, but they mainly are from 2005-2008. So...

vullee
replies: 40 views: 2,517
GrammynOut 2 weeks ago

I really like this record its smooth and has lots of clever wordplay. I keep hearing this vocal effect and was curious if anyone...

ColeG_31
replies: 18 views: 2,125
lespritdescalier 2 weeks ago
Kool100 2 weeks ago

Trap is boring, and no one is really listening to that lame genre anymore except old people trying to be young. Boom Bap is...

Instrmntl
replies: 25 views: 2,725
Bungle 2 weeks ago

These samples seemed too good to be royalty free, so I shazam’d them. The really good ones ended up being Bobbi Humphrey and...

ochaim
replies: 3 views: 671
LovePlastic 2 weeks ago

ftsiSVZaIuc you can hear it clearly at 0:07 - sounds like a common synth sound but I can't put my finger on how to program...

Dkelloway
replies: 8 views: 536
Sharp11 3 weeks ago

???? Production decision or compromise in the mixing stage (like correcting super dull improperlu tracked vocals, which seems to...

DAH
replies: 11 views: 2,605
Tabu 3 weeks ago

I will buy one of these for male rap vocals only. Please give neutral recommendations. Preferring those who tried both. I...

gangs_08
replies: 12 views: 3,425
kite 3 weeks ago

Long story short short; the majority of my client record over 2 track waves or mp3's and I'm not getting a good enough mix with...

HoustonGee
replies: 16 views: 854
DJ T Havoc 3 weeks ago
replies: 1 views: 550
madehumble 3 weeks ago

What the hell just happened at 3:14 - 3:16 on stepping stone ? Otherwise, seems like its what everyone always waiting from...

Martel80
replies: 4 views: 637
unitymusic 3 weeks ago

Hi Guys, there's a lot of hype for vintage synths and software emulations of them today and I really love the Sound of the...

R&B-Vocalisto
replies: 3 views: 479
atma 3 weeks ago

I’m listening to some of his tracks as reference tracks and they are literally blowing every single other artist out of the...

Artcutech
replies: 37 views: 919
UncommonNonsense 3 weeks ago

YouTube You can hear it clearly at 2:08 or so. Is this an 808 tuned high layered with the sampled acoustic kick?

Dkelloway
replies: 5 views: 904
atma 3 weeks ago
universalmidi 3 weeks ago

So Omnisphere user audio playback is second to none as far as plug-ins i’ve messed with, but sample editing is none existent,...

Artcutech
replies: 5 views: 588
Artcutech 3 weeks ago

Ive been recording a lot of vocalist who like to punch inhere and there. I was wondering if you guys have any advice on how to...

HoustonGee
replies: 11 views: 763
Cal-E 3 weeks ago

Just looking for some input from someone who has upgraded from 8 to the new Pro version. I think I have an understanding of most...

edplank
replies: 2 views: 702
Cal-E 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search