The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey, guys, I'm new to hip-hop production and engineering. Do you all think an MPC X for the production side and Pro Tools for the...

replies: 2 views: 246
Kassuhn 3 hours ago

What's up everybody, I'm new around here but thought I'd pick some of your brains like Sylar! Basically, I'm trying to figure...

replies: 19 views: 332
atma 5 hours ago

Out of the blue, I've been trying to find that song. Can't really remember how the melody goes but I'll know if I hear it...

replies: 66 views: 84,916
Quakelife911 7 hours ago

(Pretty sure this is in the right topic, might not, feel free to tell me if it is and I'll delete this thread and repost it in...

replies: 8 views: 527
ilovesound 10 hours ago

Hi Guys, don't know if a similar Thread even exists here but I want to start a thread to list up a lot of Mainstream R&B...

replies: 12 views: 707
Daft Joe 13 hours ago

How to mix background vocals so that they sound like Chris brown's on the chorus of show me ?...

replies: 7 views: 1,958
CJ Mastering 17 hours ago

Currently tracking mostly urban vocals (rap and r&b) U87ai >blue Robbie>wa76>eqp-wa>pure2>daw. Trying to...

rollin weight
replies: 24 views: 3,385
Pro5 1 day ago

Hey Gearslutz I am considering to buy one off the emulations of SSL E channel. But I have no experience with real SSL console...

replies: 22 views: 1,263
Patrick_ 2 days ago

Have you ever recorded a two track from an MPC, and separated the same track in protools, to find the two track sounded better?

replies: 22 views: 779
atma 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
ThirdEye 2 days ago

Hi Fellow ASR-10 users. I'm a long time ASR-10 user. In fact I'm one of the producers of Ensoniq CD-R 16 Dance tools Cd-rom we...

replies: 25 views: 9,786
Musicman_528 2 days ago

I have been requesting this feature since the product came out. Ridiculously it hasn't been implemented yet. frDJf4j5cjQ

replies: 0 views: 239
InspectahEX 3 days ago
varun213 3 days ago

Hey Guys, A little about myself. I write production cues for TV and Film. I am no stranger to mixing and music...

Danny Scott
replies: 16 views: 724
Danny Scott 3 days ago

The genre is stagnating. It’s amazing how the sonic palette of hip hop has stayed much the same in the last couple of years....

replies: 207 views: 7,582
mp3 3 days ago

I dunno... I just saw one for cheap cheap cheap.... have always wondered about these things... not sure if I'll cop... dont...

replies: 45 views: 17,754
Rogermooze 4 days ago

Hello :) I would like to know what drum machine (if its not a real drumset) they used here. It sounds so good. Any ideas...

replies: 6 views: 350
digiman 4 days ago

So, this will be my first MPC (coming from a FL Studio workflow that I now find boring as hell) and here in my country I can get...

replies: 13 views: 448
3rd Degree 4 days ago

Has anyone every tried to program Wash D.C. style Go-Go beats? If so, have any tips you'd like to share? Still haven't nailed...

Animal Rescue
replies: 12 views: 441
s12512 5 days ago

Well.. I need a microphone that's going to give me that classic sound like 80's - 90's like the Vintage U-87. I know most rappers...

replies: 57 views: 7,786
atma 5 days ago

Hey, any idea how this bass sound was created? To me it kind of sounds like a moog bass with chorus and distortion, but I haven`t...

replies: 13 views: 531
UnderTow 5 days ago

Does anyone know if the Rawkus Records recordings took place at the same studio? Anyone know what kind of gear Blackstar,...

replies: 4 views: 428
ILL GREEN 5 days ago

Hey guys, I built a vocal booth and I've noticed that it has become a bit difficult to maintain the natural energy in my vocal...

replies: 17 views: 639
atma 6 days ago

Ok so I made a beat a while back and upon loading up the project file again I lost one of my omnisphere presets to this beat....

replies: 0 views: 354
mitsone 6 days ago

Hi guys, I have a track where the main bass is occupied by a Moog type wobbling synth bass in the hook. I want to give it some...

replies: 6 views: 494
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

I know a lot of you guys go out and find records at local vinyl stores but those that have to prowl the net for them.. Post...

replies: 221 views: 96,288
HaterNob 1 week ago

Can anyone determine this plugin. It is very important!confoosed Screenshot 2018 03 07 11 59 13 108 com instagram android...

replies: 3 views: 578
cal1 1 week ago

What's up guys? I don't usually do this since I'm a sample guy, but does anyone know how I can make the synth/organ sound that...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 0 views: 268
Lando Calrissian 1 week ago

Hey Slutz, this one is about those albums/songs that sound so damn good in some aspect. Share the diamonds of hip hop...

replies: 10 views: 595
didlisquat 1 week ago

I wanna make New Jack Swing style beats. What do I need to start? I have no clue what type of drum machines and modules they...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 146 views: 42,436
deplopcinema 1 week ago
DAH 1 week ago

Hey I'm looking to get a new microphone around the 400 dollar price range..i have a audio technica 4033a. I was wondering if the...

replies: 4 views: 473
Fanomvibes 1 week ago

YouTube This song for lack of a better ear has two kicks, One snare and one hihat 2 main samples one filterd bassline...

Pajor Hill
replies: 3 views: 389
killa ego 1 week ago

HI! I have been recording Rap vocals on a condenser mic that came with an old M-Audio bundle. I am using a Focusrite Scarlett...

replies: 22 views: 805
Fanomvibes 1 week ago

Been listening to a lot of New Edition lately and been following their BET movie. Really interested in knowing which keyboards...

replies: 9 views: 2,102
Elsongs 1 week ago

Just got it for 69.00 using the Gearslutz code !!!

replies: 9 views: 587
blayz2002 1 week ago
DenversWorld 2 weeks ago
Roseleaf 2 weeks ago
C0419 2 weeks ago

hi I'm trying to re-create a 90's style studio but i like to work with the digital equipment too. The computer is more for...

Olskool Bwoy
replies: 15 views: 2,001
Martel80 2 weeks ago
.drIX. 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know if there is a port of this old program that can run on a PC? I want to make groove templates based on the...

replies: 40 views: 25,631
IM WHO YOU THINK 2 weeks ago

What were some of the sound modules used in No Limit, UGK, Wreckshop, Slip and Slide...etc. songs back then?

replies: 14 views: 1,364
kvmoore 2 weeks ago

Would anyone be able to send me the click (metronome) sound from their Asr-X or Asr-10? I want to use it with maschine 2.0. I...

replies: 6 views: 1,360
PHG 2 weeks ago

I tried looking on YouTube for videos on Dr.Dre making a beat but nothing but bunk vids showed up. Anybody seen bids of Dre...

Malt Liquor Bum
replies: 31 views: 3,358
FreshProduce 2 weeks ago

So around a year ago, I decided to mostly stop sampling and move into composition. I used to compose way back, but I didn't...

3rd Degree
replies: 18 views: 968
chris carter 2 weeks ago

Just curious to know. Since the late 80’s maybe early 90’s. I stopped seeing the arranger title. Even reading credits on...

replies: 11 views: 488
jlgrimes11 2 weeks ago
boombapdame 2 weeks ago

Want to learn how to live sample like this?

replies: 1 views: 312
ILL GREEN 2 weeks ago

I was a bit curious. Who uses this software ??? (or "why do I always feel like I'm the only one using it in the music...

replies: 106 views: 27,134
Zacchino 2 weeks ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search