The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,323
Views: 2,323
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have 4 different monitors, including what Yamaha claims as the new NS10. Monitors: Yamaha MSP7 Yamaha HS8 Adam...

MixingChamp
replies: 16 views: 363
Bushman 21 minutes ago

If I buy the MPC Software 2.0, can I control it with the 2000xl or 2500 hardware? Or do I have to have one of the newer model...

PHG
replies: 31 views: 771
atma 32 minutes ago

Can someone point me to a straight to the point course on mixing lessons that would benefit me as a producer, specifically a trap...

MixingChamp
replies: 2 views: 55
MixingChamp 46 minutes ago

Sp1200 or MPC 60 Mk1?

CJ1973
replies: 4 views: 309
atma 1 hour ago

If you want an EQ that behaves like a DJ mixer eq - the Great River 32C. INSANELY Good

DannyMac
replies: 0 views: 84
DannyMac 4 hours ago

How do I achieve this vocal effect from 0:03 to 0:08? I hear it on a lot of contemporary records where there seem to be lower and...

skitzothebeast
replies: 9 views: 398
superstupid 4 hours ago

Hi, I'm trying to make my drums sound like these: YouTube X28Gm6Z41Ls For whatever reason I am having difficulty. It...

Dkelloway
replies: 1 views: 163
ac_music 5 hours ago

Ableton: I'm trying to have the knobs and mute/solo buttons on the MPD automatically map to the tracks, just as the faders...

ac_music
replies: 2 views: 148
ac_music 9 hours ago

hi everybody! i'm new to this board but I am fascinated as it seems to be the best board i visited yet! very polite &...

molemon
replies: 14 views: 8,750
S_A_P 17 hours ago

hello people. just mentioning that Waves have the SSL G and E channel strips, as well as G and E EQ software plugs for US $29...

BIG BUDDHA
replies: 0 views: 263
BIG BUDDHA 1 day ago

Have you ever recorded a two track from an MPC, and separated the same track in protools, to find the two track sounded better?

IM WHO YOU THINK
replies: 29 views: 1,094
IM WHO YOU THINK 1 day ago

Thoughts about this album (KOD) sound wise? Any one thinks the volume on this is really low compared to all the other Hip Hop...

jono_marko
replies: 0 views: 251
jono_marko 1 day ago

Hey Gearslutz I am considering to buy one off the emulations of SSL E channel. But I have no experience with real SSL console...

ssyniu
replies: 35 views: 2,312
PettyCash 1 day ago

(Pretty sure this is in the right topic, might not, feel free to tell me if it is and I'll delete this thread and repost it in...

FranckTheMiner
replies: 19 views: 1,424
breakinrecords 1 day ago

Hey guys, For those of you who have used the heavy hitters like the 800g, how does the copperhead compare sonically? I...

Krush411
replies: 3 views: 328
FreshProduce 1 day ago

You know how sometimes you have one thing you're trying to find that you forgot, and you just have to find it. That's this site...

MysterBlu
replies: 0 views: 262
MysterBlu 1 day ago

Hey, was listening to outkast aquemini the other day... something I pull out occasionally, and for the first time I noticed the...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 7 views: 861
Will The Weirdo 1 day ago

Out of the blue, I've been trying to find that song. Can't really remember how the melody goes but I'll know if I hear it...

Phroggy
replies: 69 views: 86,866
Malt Liquor Bum 1 day ago

So, just as we were on the verge of saving that trainwreck of a thread, things got outta hand again. I'd LOVE to hear some of...

bgrotto
replies: 391 views: 68,494
Tnevz 2 days ago

I know this is bad practice from what I have heard and in theory it definitely makes sense. My case is this though..I make...

varun213
replies: 19 views: 781
DAH 2 days ago

As a producer, do I really need to make my beats loudness similar to mainstream tracks? Personally, I don't because I think my...

MixingChamp
replies: 6 views: 514
JR Mastering 2 days ago

So i had a Yamaha motif back in the day and sampling on that thing was amazing, so full and rich as well as depth and clarity(was...

Artcutech
replies: 28 views: 1,200
atma 2 days ago

Currently tracking mostly urban vocals (rap and r&b) U87ai >blue Robbie>wa76>eqp-wa>pure2>daw. Trying to...

rollin weight
replies: 42 views: 4,335
Dayo 3 days ago

I just ordered my first beat tag and am excited to use it. Which parts of the song should I put it on to avoid piracy? How many...

Ugoff
replies: 1 views: 327
chris carter 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
ginsuthaironchef 3 days ago

His stuff is INSANE. One song really caught my attention -- "BRB", mainly the intro keyboard sound and arp. I know it...

caminitic
replies: 2 views: 269
atma 3 days ago

So, The Weeknd has come out again to prove himself as most likely the most interesting pop artist to come out in the last 15...

sfilipee
replies: 26 views: 1,337
sfilipee 4 days ago

Greetings, I just got put on to the MPC Black, has anyone else gotten this? It looks delicious and I am definitely looking at...

danoc
replies: 130 views: 8,167
Acidizer 4 days ago

hi I'm trying to re-create a 90's style studio but i like to work with the digital equipment too. The computer is more for...

Olskool Bwoy
replies: 28 views: 2,669
Martel80 6 days ago

I need a hardware MIDI sequencer to use with Ableton Live. That is: Live would be handling all the audio and plug-ins while a...

bxt403
replies: 0 views: 299
bxt403 6 days ago

Hopefully someone can help as this issue has been driving me nuts! I've currently been recording an artist out of my home...

audiosensi
replies: 11 views: 463
audiosensi 1 week ago
MixingChamp 1 week ago

I APOLIGIZE TO ANYONE WHO FEELS READING THIS THREAD MADE THEM STUPIDER if you have the time please take a moment to read what...

Artcutech
replies: 14 views: 646
atma 1 week ago

Has anyone watched this yet? It has more footage of Dr Dre actually working in the studio and speaking candidly in interviews...

bloodybob
replies: 25 views: 2,341
Quetz 1 week ago
Goa-Dubs 1 week ago

The genre is stagnating. It’s amazing how the sonic palette of hip hop has stayed much the same in the last couple of years....

miscend
replies: 276 views: 10,722
mp3 1 week ago
Syrtis 1 week ago

Is there way to explode individual tracks while exporting audio in song mode?

Instrmntl
replies: 3 views: 475
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

Hey since someone I bought a weissklang v17 (very very good micro plug on my sound card audient id 22 but I would like to push...

goldjungen57
replies: 3 views: 442
goldjungen57 1 week ago

Hey Guys, I'm currently working on a project and the artist really wants a bass sound similar to Kanye's "Ni**as in...

Mr.MRey
replies: 1 views: 365
Bgtheengineer 1 week ago

I want to thank the internet for all this misinformation surrounding the ASR-X. Thanks to that I got one for the price of a SM 58...

PapiBlack
replies: 38 views: 14,293
Lazer Toms 1 week ago

I spend most of my time with lndustrial, Acid and Goa trance genres as well as weird modular stuff... but I'm an old time 90's...

lineofcontrol
replies: 27 views: 1,461
PHG 1 week ago

I work with an engineer and he prefers to add a little compression to every single instrument saying he has more control over the...

varun213
replies: 29 views: 1,103
varun213 2 weeks ago

Hello Hip Hop Slutz. I am getting the notion to get into vinyl and possibly other turntable rigs again after many years away...

Shadowkast
replies: 8 views: 680
jm2c 2 weeks ago

All of DJ Mustard's synth lines are so barebones simple but they sound so freakin fat? How does he do it? I can never seem to get...

carlosdanger
replies: 74 views: 42,201
mattg082 2 weeks ago
mike912 2 weeks ago

Ok we all know the other method to slaving Pro Tools to the MPC requires us to make a pre roll of 1 bar to give the MPC and Pro...

Adonis Martine
replies: 34 views: 2,942
J Gabriel 2 weeks ago

So, I have this grungy loop from originally about 10 years ago, that I wanted to recreate from scratch into a full track (please...

atma
replies: 0 views: 342
atma 2 weeks ago

Need some help deciding between getting the MPC Studio Black or a roland SP404. Im looking to use the sampler to make and produce...

sdkeefe
replies: 17 views: 845
killa ego 2 weeks ago
FreshProduce 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search